Star Lotulelei opting out for 2020

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I thought he might get cut actually 

I wonder if that’s part of the thought process... don’t risk it in a crazy offseason and where you might not make the team. Take a seat for a year and reassess.

I hope Harry is good to go!

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, whatdrought said:

I wonder if that’s part of the thought process... don’t risk it in a crazy offseason and where you might not make the team. Take a seat for a year and reassess.

Yep lots of depth at that position and he’s financially secure 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yep lots of depth at that position and he’s financially secure 

Makes sense. Lot of drama gonna happen this year. Worth asking if it’s worth it. If you don’t need it, that is. 

The issue i see, is what a year of not playing does to someone (especially a trench player)... feels like some of these guys won’t be back in the league. Star wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like (+1) 1

How do you go from $4.5M fully guaranteed to $150K?  That's got to be difficult.  I just don't see this season going more than one game.  All it will take is one team to get it bad.  Then the season is in shambles.    

Edited by Irv

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Or they just haven't been working out.

When have any of these players from all these teams ever been on the cannot pass the camp physical list.  It is very interesting to me to say the least at this point.

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s unlikely to matter when the season is cancelled. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought you meant like an NFL star, but you meant Star Lotulelei. Big difference.

I'm actually happy for the younger guys and the new free agents to take his playing time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It’s unlikely to matter when the season is cancelled. 

You are going to feel silly when it doesn't. Every indication from the league is they will be going forward with the season no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2