Nazi imagery/ Gestapo analogy - it's offensive

Simply put and I am tired of it.  You want to say that Trump is a white supremacist?  Then go ahead and make your point and be done with it.  I will not agree with it but you will have had your say.  To compare anybody that you dislike to a Nazi or Gestapo figure makes light of the things that happened in Europe during the 1930's and 1940's.  My family actually suffered at the hands of the Nazi's including murder.  Such as being led to the edge of town and being machine gunned into a freshly dug pit.  A fate that did not solely rest with Jews but anybody who resisted the Nazi's including paying unreasonable taxes to a movement that they did not believe in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 9

1 minute ago, Azalin said:

If that's all they've got, then just respond with a yawn. 

Actually, best not to respond at all. They post ***** like that in order to get you to respond. 

The issue is broader than a few morons on a chat site.  In my mind part of the reason the real Nazi's came to power is people failed to take their movement seriously.  That Hitler and his ilk would have been tossed aside after a couple of years but that tragically never was the case.  I would hate to see the door ever opened here because people failed to comprehend the personalities and the movement.  It should be laughable that a supposed far right dictator allows complete freedom of the press but there are gullible people out there eating it with a shovel instead of a spoon.  It's just very hard to ignore it when the real Nazi's were very insidious among other things.

• Like (+1) 1

both sides of the aisle are guilty of doing some “Nazi-like” things recently, IMO.  Trump with his outbursts on Twitter and trying to control Google and other media sources he dislikes.  The democrats with their cancel culture, tearing down statues, and mask-shaming.

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The issue is broader than a few morons on a chat site.  In my mind part of the reason the real Nazi's came to power is people failed to take their movement seriously.  That Hitler and his ilk would have been tossed aside after a couple of years but that tragically never was the case.  I would hate to see the door ever opened here because people failed to comprehend the personalities and the movement.  It should be laughable that a supposed far right dictator allows complete freedom of the press but there are gullible people out there eating it with a shovel instead of a spoon.  It's just very hard to ignore it when the real Nazi's were very insidious among other things.

I mistook you to be talking about behavior on this site.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is it worse than calling someone a communist? 

Communists are not automatically associated with being systemic murderers like the Nazi's were.  Take Meathead Stivic from All in the Family.  He is pretty much a communist but one that would rather tax the rich to the point where everybody winds up with the same amount of wealth.  No such analogy exists for any Nazi.

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Simply put and I am tired of it.  You want to say that Trump is a white supremacist?  Then go ahead and make your point and be done with it.  I will not agree with it but you will have had your say.  To compare anybody that you dislike to a Nazi or Gestapo figure makes light of the things that happened in Europe during the 1930's and 1940's.  My family actually suffered at the hands of the Nazi's including murder.  Such as being led to the edge of town and being machine gunned into a freshly dug pit.  A fate that did not solely rest with Jews but anybody who resisted the Nazi's including paying unreasonable taxes to a movement that they did not believe in.

Hahahaha offended Andy. I love when people take things to the extreme.

Edited by TBBills

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Communists are not automatically associated with being systemic murderers like the Nazi's were.  Take Meathead Stivic from All in the Family.  He is pretty much a communist but one that would rather tax the rich to the point where everybody winds up with the same amount of wealth.  No such analogy exists for any Nazi.

So it’s ok for your side to call names. 

7 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Trump's daughter and son-in-law (both trusted advisers) are Orthodox Jews. Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital when no other president had the BALLS to do it. Other than that, though -- Totally Hitler. ?

Hate knows no bounds

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I believe Stalin alone far exceeded Hitler in sheer number of murders under his regime. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Is it worse than calling someone a communist? 

I used to think being a Nazi was worse than being a Communist but then I spoke with some old men while visiting Latvia a couple of years ago. The Nazis did not rule your life like Communists did. In Latvia they recognize that Communist would murder you for any version of disageement, the Nazis allowed much more flexibility, just don't get in the way. Both are evil, the degree is only question.