Pats now need to replace top 4 LBs from 2019 plus starting RT (now up to 8 opt outs)

This season may come down to who can field the most qualified players with some degree of consistency.  Some surprises will pop up, players or groups of players who test positive and get scrubbed from some games.  It will throw a real wild-card into the "expected" outcomes.  Imagine five or six top players testing positive days before the Super Bowl, with the associated gyrations in point spreads.  Or the controversy, when teams get accused of playing individuals who had tested positive.  Should be interesting - IF the NFL can make it through the season.

9 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Wait until we start opting out. I'm not dancing for joy yet

Neither am I. 

These SOBs are losing their top players AFTER losing Brady. I DON"T want them to get Trevor Lawrence. The kid has as much talent and potential coming out of college as did Andrew Luck and/or John Elway. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Belichick has way too much pride to go 0 and 16

I don't expect to see 16 games, do you?

I'm sure the Pats can fill the holes enough to be competitive. As much as I despise Belichick, I don't think his ego would allow him to tank. I wouldn't doubt that he already has his eye on several QB's in the next draft class. Heck, there probably won't be a college season & he'll sign some kid just a year removed from high school.

Don’t think there’s any conspiracy. These players have all won, all earned more money than most people ever dream of, have legitimate reasons not to play the season and/or just decided they don’t want to risk getting ill to play a season for a team that is in decline because of the age of players and a step backwards or three in quarterback play.

Who knows? A couple of them may have been iffy about playing a normal season.

Edited by Jeff1954

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Belichick has way too much pride to go 0 and 16

Can coaches opt out of the season?

Right now Kraft is handing out Massage coupons and dropping unmarked Bags of cash around the lockerroom. They brought in Cam to show the league and everyone else that they are serious about this season while they 'retool' during the unknown season.

Seriously though, this could end up being similar to the scrub season and have teams looking to warm bodies to fill roster spots

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hightower has opted out of the season as well as starting RT Marcus Cannon. They also lost LB Elandon Roberts to FA. 

also two other Pats players Danny vitale and one of their backup guards have opted out. 

interesting 

Who the ***** really wants to play for the hoodie... Looks like no one.

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

That's like saying, "Hey, I have a bee allergy... I'll sign up to be a beekeeper..." Brilliant!

I disagree,  if he's safe and the league has vigilant testing,  he'll be fine imo. 

The issue is the guys who will hit a club , party , and act  wreckless can jeopardize everybody. Testing is key but if he does his part, mask , washing hands , sacrifice a social life for football,  should be fine. 

These guys love this game,  it's therapy to alot of em. Respect to him. Helluva player too

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Belicheat is low, but I don't buy him telling players to opt out.  

too much of a Tin Foil hat comment from Schefty  

No chance in H E double hockey sticks any Coach/GM is going to urge guys not to play. 

No way tanking is even a thought for Belichick.  If anyone thinks that's the case , they're delusional . Why even sign Cam then? Why not start stidham?

I think it has some to do with D leader Devin Mccourty saying a cpl days ago , he sees guys acting wreckless and in the club and was pissed. I'm sure he was referring to teammates.  

They'll still go at least 6-10 -9-7 

And these Pats players have rings , $ and are mostly vets.

• Like (+1) 1