Pats now need to replace top 4 LBs from 2019 plus starting RT (now up to 8 opt outs)

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

More conspiracy theories here than on PPP.....

Cannon is a cancer survivor. Hightower has a new baby.

Bellicheck* is truly a mastermind to create those scenarios so they could justifiably opt out and help tank the season. Bellicheck* probably made Hightower get pregnant. Hell, he may have been the one to impregnate Hightower's girlfriend...THAT is how diabolical he is. <_<

• Haha (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

With Cam playing QB they will still win too many games to get the #1 pick. They will easily win at least 5-7 which will put them between #5-#16 in the draft order. Carolina, Jacksonville, Washington, and Detroit are who my money would be on for that top spot. 

I still think they beat the jets and dolphins.  Lot of young QBs on that list too - BB tends to hurt those kinds of teams.  LAR, Arizona, Denver, LAC.  

I don't think they'll have a historic defense again, but even with the losses, they should be a capable group within the top maybe 10-15 in the league.  

2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

As much as people want to believe that Belicheat always has some well conceived diabolical plan, the most likely scenario is that these players or their immediate families have some existing health issue that poses too much risk for them to consider playing.  In addition, these specific players have made a considerable amount of money in their careers and probably don't feel financial pressure to take the risk.  Until the opt out time period is over, I won't be speculating about any advantages or disadvantages that may be created with the Bills.

Delaying the settlement till Newton was signed was intentional.

I never said Hightower opting out was engineered by Belichik. All I said was that getting 8 mill off the 2020 books was not all bad news from the Pats point of view.

Lol wow. Another one out. 

They have to be regretting signing Cam Newton at this point. This is shaping up very nicely for the Bills. They will be garbage in 2020 but not bad enough to get a top QB in the draft. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

Worst case is the season gets called off in the middle of it due to COVID concerns... As I look forward to beating the Pats, its really not a big issue.  We shouldn't look at beating them on the way to a SB any different than they looked at beating us.  If we're better than them, why make a big deal of winning games we SHOULD win.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m not a big fan of this. Just setting up that huge asterisk next to your name after we win a division title this year..... that we were gonna win anyways 

People remember that the Redskins won the super Bowl in 1987 .. the fact that they did so in a strike shortened season is rarely noted and nobody implies it diminishes the achievement anymore .. maybe for a year or 2 they may, but then it is just team X won the SuperBowl

• Like (+1) 4

Well, Pats fans are going to be a handful this year. Every loss they will attribute to players sitting out and they will give the Bills a hard time for winning the division.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, Pats fans are going to be a handful this year. Every loss they will attribute to players sitting out and they will give the Bills a hard time for winning the division.

It may be slim pickins to even find any? When the bandwagon gets a flat tire this season, watch how many hangers-on jump off for greener pastures elsewhere...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

We need to win it first, just think how they'll be if we don't.  

I would dive right into the Patriots' conspiracy stuff, thinking its an easy ploy to get the franchise QB.....

But these players are losing a lot of $ doing this.   I cant imagine they really care that Belichick can maybe draft his QB of the future next Spring.  

Now if these guys pop up as paid consultants for Bob Kraft at their NFL salaries, then I will have a problem

• Like (+1) 1