Pats now need to replace top 4 LBs from 2019 plus starting RT (now up to 8 opt outs)

As much as people want to believe that Belicheat always has some well conceived diabolical plan, the most likely scenario is that these players or their immediate families have some existing health issue that poses too much risk for them to consider playing.  In addition, these specific players have made a considerable amount of money in their careers and probably don't feel financial pressure to take the risk.  Until the opt out time period is over, I won't be speculating about any advantages or disadvantages that may be created with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m not a big fan of this. Just setting up that huge asterisk next to your name after we win a division title this year..... that we were gonna win anyways 

I'll tattoo that asterisk and wear it proudly. Not like we won it cheating!  

• Like (+1) 4

IF...there is a full season its going to be really different to say the least.  The COVID issue may just decimate any team at any given point in the season for 2 weeks at a time.  Maybe these are the smart guys by opting out now.  

Pats are now F'd as it looks at the moment, but tomorrow could change everything.  Going to be a wild one.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m not a big fan of this. Just setting up that huge asterisk next to your name after we win a division title this year..... that we were gonna win anyways 

This whole season will have an asterisk.....

Who cares?  
The biggest victory will be getting to watch Football.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, P Riv said:

IF...there is a full season its going to be really different to say the least.  The COVID issue may just decimate any team at any given point in the season for 2 weeks at a time.  Maybe these are the smart guys by opting out now.  

Pats are now F'd as it looks at the moment, but tomorrow could change everything.  Going to be a wild one.

Yeah - The thing about football is.. you can play it anytime.  These stadiums aren't used for literally anything else, they don't share.  Fans probably won't be there.  If something happens you just push everything back a few weeks.  Give teams a chance to get healthier.  

2 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Wait until we start opting out. I'm not dancing for joy yet

I don't blame anybody for opting out, but I also don't wish this on any team or its fan base, either.

Not even the Pats.  And I agree, I am not joyous about this, even if we don't lose anybody.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dolphins now the second best team in the AFC East?

I think i will still say pats now that they have cam (if he’s healthy) but their defense will be depending on different personnel this year and hard to think it will be as good as last year

No such thing as a rebuild year in the NFL. One loss can be devastating. If they are weak, drive them into the ground and keep them there and not let them up for decades. Winning gives you the calls. Loosing is blood in the water and causes retirements and the owner to get bored and go somewhere else. It's not playing fair or doing what's right. Show up to win any way you can. Don't ride into Dodge City or Deadwood just to complain about being cheated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

As much as people want to believe that Belicheat always has some well conceived diabolical plan, the most likely scenario is that these players or their immediate families have some existing health issue that poses too much risk for them to consider playing.  In addition, these specific players have made a considerable amount of money in their careers and probably don't feel financial pressure to take the risk.  Until the opt out time period is over, I won't be speculating about any advantages or disadvantages that may be created with the Bills.

Logic and reasoning is not welcome here!

Now wheres my tinfoil hat?

• Haha (+1) 3

With Cam playing QB they will still win too many games to get the #1 pick. They will easily win at least 5-7 which will put them between #5-#16 in the draft order. Carolina, Jacksonville, Washington, and Detroit are who my money would be on for that top spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

it is not all bad news for Belichik - after netting a bargain in Newton (which Newton consented to likely due to Pats’ cap space issues) Belichik clears cap space both with the Hernandez / Brown settlements and with the Hightower opt out - now he has money to sign whichever bargain he finds - maybe Clowney for under 10 mill a year. They now have 17-18 mill in 2020 cap space.

Nigel Bradham might be in play for the Pats now

clearly if the settlements had happened before Newton had signed, he woulda asked for more - but NE waited after Newton signed to settle.

Why would Clowney want to play for them?  Likely the same for Bradham.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

they are sneaky tanking. wouldn't be surprised to find out bb came up with the virus to tank the season and get lawrence. diabolical

His genius label would take a gigantic hit.