Pats now need to replace top 4 LBs from 2019 plus starting RT (now up to 8 opt outs)

Hightower has opted out of the season as well as starting RT Marcus Cannon. They also lost LB Elandon Roberts to FA. 

also two other Pats players Danny vitale and one of their backup guards have opted out. 

interesting 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

it is not all bad news for Belichik - after netting a bargain in Newton (which Newton consented to likely due to Pats’ cap space issues) Belichik clears cap space both with the Hernandez / Brown settlements and with the Hightower opt out - now he has money to sign whichever bargain he finds - maybe Clowney for under 10 mill a year. They now have 17-18 mill in 2020 cap space.

Nigel Bradham might be in play for the Pats now

clearly if the settlements had happened before Newton had signed, he woulda asked for more - but NE waited after Newton signed to settle.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I suspect that BB and the pats are shrewdly encouraging this for certain players. They have to be viewing 2020 as a rebuilding/reloading year of sorts. They can rebuild while then adding an extra year onto the contracts of the opt-outs basically, as if you opt out, your contract tolls a year.

it stinks that 2020 is the year when the Bills can contend, yet it probably is an ideal rebuild type year. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m not a big fan of this. Just setting up that huge asterisk next to your name after we win a division title this year..... that we were gonna win anyways 

There won’t be an asterisk.  But what will happen is the usual red meat throwers in the media will definitely mention it or bring it up.  That will drive some fans “mad”.

Its just part of that Buffalo Sports Inferiority Complex that infests the darkest corners of the fans mind.  Lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It’s so opportunistic for NE******

Opt out. All of you. We’ll play the season with a taxi squad, go 0-16, and draft Trevor Lawrence.

If that happens I hope Oliver tackles him by his dumb Poz hair 39 times a game.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Opt out. All of you. We’ll play the season with a taxi squad, go 0-16, and draft Trevor Lawrence.

Exactly. The Patriot way. 

We need to start strong to have division secured by w16 and intentionally lose with them just to screw them ?

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Considering the trouble baseball is in I have my doubts they play a full NFL season. I hope I am wrong and hopefully every team can stay healthy. Like MLB the NFL isn't playing in a bubble and considering the amount of contact in an NFL game. Good luck NFL they will need it.

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hightower has opted out of the season as well as starting RT Marcus Cannon. They also lost LB Elandon Roberts to FA. 

also two other Pats players Danny vitale and one of their backup guards have opted out. 

interesting 

When we beat the Pats XFL players in the ugliest played game of the year I'm sorry but I'm still taking that as a win. NOT...............

18 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He’s contacting Troy Brown right now on SnapFace to see if he’s still up for playing CB and WR. Is this thing on? Because it’s about to be. 

• Haha (+1) 2