Bills Training Camp - Week 1 of padded practices starts page 10

4 hours ago, eball said:

Hard to say from a couple of sorta-reported practices but man, I hope so.  Just seems like he has a lot more to offer the team.

Such as?

The DiMarco hate confuses me. He plays a lot of special teams and occasionally contributes on offense. Are we expecting more from a new full back?

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Such as?

The DiMarco hate confuses me. He plays a lot of special teams and occasionally contributes on offense. Are we expecting more from a new full back?

It's not hate on my part but he is on the wrong side of 30 and his game could be improved on.

I'm almost positive he won't be signing a new contract with the Bills after this season so why not go younger IF the new guy is playing well.

Let's see how Gilliam performs before the cuts.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's not hate on my part but he is on the wrong side of 30 and his game could be improved on.

I'm almost positive he won't be signing a new contract with the Bills after this season so why not go younger IF the new guy is playing well.

Let's see how Gilliam performs before the cuts.

I agree with this. But DiMarco has had fans calling for him to be cut ever since he got here, and I never understood why.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

I agree with this. But DiMarco has had fans calling for him to be cut ever since he got here, and I never understood why.

Lot's of fans don't even want a FB on their team.  I don't mind if the position brings it's worth.

DiMarco was paid top FB money right behind Juszscyk but he did take a cut in pay this year.

I think the pay cut says a lot about his future.

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thanks. Where?  RT?

They aren’t allowed to say who is playing where in position groups. This is what was said -

So far, Williams has been a standout. His power was on display Tuesday when blocking Harrison Phillips. He hasn’t been faced with Ed Oliver’s quickness since the pads came on, but Williams had a long history at tackle in Carolina before dislocating his knee cap and tearing his MCL in 2018 . If the Bills get a version of Williams close to what he was before the injury, he could end up as another bargain signing by Beane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They're not allowed to talk about the depth chart in general not just him specifically.

Got it.  What I'm saying is that if he's going up against HP, he's probably at RG.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Such as?

Youth.....more youth. Also Versatility.  He played FB, TE, and ST