Bills Training Camp - Week 1 of padded practices starts page 10

CAMP SCHEDULE....... - since I was wondering and this was in the athletic.....

Instead, Bills players will spend the next eight days doing strength and conditioning workouts. The team can do 60 minutes of weight-room work and 60 minutes of on-field conditioning per day, but it cannot conduct conditioning tests. Teams can also do 60-minute walk-throughs for the first four days and 75-minute walk-throughs on the last four days of the conditioning period.

The “ramp-up period” will run from Aug. 12-16. That’s when teams can start with a 90-minute, non-padded practice and increase the duration of those practices by 15 minutes per day. On Aug. 14 and 16, players can have helmets and shells on, but no live contact is permitted. From Aug. 17-Sept. 6, teams can have 14 padded practices. That schedule, which includes no preseason games, presents a challenge for coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

It will be like college where week 1 you will have lots of surprises on who is actually starting in some spots. We won’t have any preseason or TC observations as fans and coaches will not be forthcoming for competitive reasons. RG, RT, CB2, K are 4 spots up for grabs. Though they may release one of the kickers early

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are players going to be forced to wear masks throughout all of training camp and into the regular season?

I mean, there was that doctor who ran a marathon in one so I have to think it wouldn't affect them that much.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Reader said:

I mean, there was that doctor who ran a marathon in one so I have to think it wouldn't affect them that much.

I know in rowing we’d run 2000m tests on the rowing machine with a full on mask to measure VO2. So purposefully nonporous to capture as much O2 and CO2 possible. We’d run at about 95% on that of PR on that. But it’s about 87% aerobic and 6 minutes.

Football is much more anaerobic so should be much closer. 

Important to note, 5% off of max in elite work is basically a country mile because margins are thin. But if everybody is doing it, and the fact that football is so anaerobic, results should be super close maximal.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:18 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Is it just me or does Tre look like he seriously bulked up this offseason (see 0:33 in the video)? I think he is about to demand the respect he deserves this year. Beast!

• Like (+1) 1