Bills Training Camp - Week 1 of padded practices starts page 10

I am not sure how much news we will get, how it when we will get it, or what this thread will look like. I know it won’t look like any other year. We likely don’t need a thread for each day like we did in the past. But it starts today! So here we go...

Edit on 8/17 - now that we are into the padded practices, we may need to do one thread per week since we are now getting media reports. Sorry this is such a weird season, wasn’t sure how to cover. They will have 14 padded practices. 

Subject to change and the plans of coach Sean McDermott, here is a tentative outline of the schedule, based on an NFLPA memo sent too players Saturday:

Day 1, Tuesday: Testing for Bills’ veterans; virtual meetings allowed.

Days 2-3, Wednesday-Thursday: Virtual meetings. (Additional players could be tested if all tests were not completed Tuesday).

Day 4, Friday: Second day of testing, virtual meetings.

Days 5-6, Saturday-Sunday: Physicals. Players with two negative tests in the four days are allowed access to the team facility.

Days 7-15, Aug. 3-Aug. 11: Acclimation period with strength and conditioning, including walk-throughs, with a mandatory day off. Maximum is 60 minutes in the weight room and 60 minutes on-field conditioning. Walk-throughs can be up to 60 minutes on each of the first four days and up to 75 minutes on the final four days. Aug. 8 is a mandatory off day and players must receive one off day every seven days from there.

Day 16, Aug. 12: Practices can start during the Gradual Ramp-Up Period. Maximum of 3 1/2 hours on-field daily. First practice is limited to 90 minutes with an increase of up to two hours. Helmets and shells allowed. No live contact on the first two days. Aug. 15 is an off day. 

Day 21, Aug. 17: Padded practices can begin in Contact Integration Period. Teams can have a maximum of 14 practices and the schedule includes mandatory off days. Practices can begin at 90 minutes and gradually increase.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Where are they sleeping? From where are they participating in virtual meetings? I wasn't aware that the team facilities had lodging, RV's in the parking lot? From home? What about players who have no home in Buffalo? Is there an entire hotel rented out? Sorry if these questions have previously been discussed.

Just now, Mickey said:

Where are they sleeping? From where are they participating in virtual meetings? I wasn't aware that the team facilities had lodging, RV's in the parking lot? From home? What about players who have no home in Buffalo? Is there an entire hotel rented out? Sorry if these questions have previously been discussed.

I am not sure any of this has been reported yet. I believe they will be at home. As far as the rookies, the Bills probably had them get in those condos by the stadium 

I was just looking at the agreement with the NFLPA, the teams can't require them to stay at a hotel but will provide accommodations for those who want them. And assuming they can do anything that is not on the forbidden "high risk" activity list, it appears that there are few limits to what they can do in their spare time. 

I think we can safely assume there is no "bubble" so at least we can stop talking about that. 

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am not sure how much news we will get, how it when we will get it, or what this thread will look like. I know it won’t look like any other year. We likely don’t need a thread for each day like we did in the past. But it starts today! So here we go...

We shouldn't live in a world where the Bills let the Browns do anything better than them........... Bills.

Browns to Live Stream.JPG

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

We shouldn't live in a world where the Bills let the Browns do anything better than them........... Bills.

I do not think the Bills should live stream camp. I think they should just put edited portions into their Embedded series for the fans. Too easy for other teams to watch them practice when it is live streamed. I don’t see McDermott doing it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Just put up a couple hours of what we're practicing each day what's the worst that could happen.-Browns.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am not sure any of this has been reported yet. I believe they will be at home. As far as the rookies, the Bills probably had them get in those condos by the stadium 

There are a bunch of apartments near the stadium (some in OP, some in Hamburg).  I used to live in one of the complexes.  It was always sad to see some kid throwing belongings contained in a trash bag into a car after getting cut.  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Just practice all the plays they ran last year in the live stream.  Practice the new stuff out-of-view.  Jets will be like the German army waiting for the real invasion of Europe under Patton's command at the Pas-de-Calais.?

I don’t think they have enough time for those charades this year

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Will they also be posting their playbooks online for us to download? Hopefully their audibles too.

• Haha (+1) 1