Voluntary Opt outs

What is very interesting to me so far is by looking at the opt outs.  Alot of "Big Guys"  I wonder if the weight of them is also helping with deciding knowing obesity is a area to be concerned about with COVID with 12 of the early list being the big guys

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I know the virus is serious and these guys have decisions to make for them and their family, but I’m officially in the “Patriots exodus is cause of Brady leaving” camp. 

That and it was probably miserable playing for bellicheck even during a normal season let alone one like this. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I know the virus is serious and these guys have decisions to make for them and their family, but I’m officially in the “Patriots exodus is cause of Brady leaving” camp. 

We have heard over and over and over....the Foxboro is not a nice place to play for a lot of players.  That coaching staff wears on people.  A lot of players probably only sign/played there because with Brady they thought they were a superbowl contender every year.   

Even if you think Bellichick makes the team a contender...with Brady gone 'half' of that 'winning draw' is gone. I'm sure a lot of players are hesitant to want to be there ESPECIALLY with new rules/regulations that may come because of Covid and how that coaching staff will deal with them.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

We have heard over and over and over....the Foxboro is not a nice place to play for a lot of players.  That coaching staff wears on people.  A lot of players probably only sign/played there because with Brady they thought they were a superbowl contender every year.   

Even if you think Bellichick makes the team a contender...with Brady gone 'half' of that 'winning draw' is gone. I'm sure a lot of players are hesitant to want to be there ESPECIALLY with new rules/regulations that may come because of Covid and how that coaching staff will deal with them.

Are they tanking for Trevor?  Getting Trevor Lawerence from Clemson #1 overall?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Questions, Bills now have $8.1 million more in cap and could save $7 million by cutting Murphy. You know where I'm going with this? Sign Clowney to a 1 year deal?

Think teams are really going to be eyeing the reduction in cap next year , and the next 4 years, and looking to roll over as much as possible each year. That is really gunna hamper Clowney i believe in terms of $$$$

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Think teams are really going to be eyeing the reduction in cap next year , and the next 4 years, and looking to roll over as much as possible each year. That is really gunna hamper Clowney i believe in terms of $$$$

You know what they say, worry about next year next year. Bills have a lot of ways to save money next year by cutting some players.

• Like (+1) 1

What I want to know is what happens if a team doesn’t want them back next year at this years cap hit?

As has been stated on here, Star was no lock to make the roster, and even if he did, it wouldn’t have been a shock to see him get outplayed/replaced in season. Now we’re stuck with him at 8 million next year? How does that work if our other guys show out and we realize we have no use for him?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You know what they say, worry about next year next year. Bills have a lot of ways to save money next year by cutting some players.

Theys got a lot of homegrowns to sign next 2 years

Just now, whatdrought said:

What I want to know is what happens if a team doesn’t want them back next year at this years cap hit?

As has been stated on here, Star was no lock to make the roster, and even if he did, it wouldn’t have been a shock to see him get outplayed/replaced in season. Now we’re stuck with him at 8 million next year? How does that work if our other guys show out and we realize we have no use for him?

No, i think his guarantee was really small this year..as it will be next year. What i don't know is if they can re-negotiate with a player who opted out

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Theys got a lot of homegrowns to sign next 2 years

Clowney is a 1 year deal. Listen, the money I listed to sign Clowney was already accounted for. Star and Murphy. Sure Star's cap is spread out over 2 future years but this defense is taken to another level with Clowney  IMO.