Voluntary Opt outs

So it looks like the Biggest "Name" so far is probably Hightower.

July 28

Dont'a Hightower, LB, New England Patriots
Brandon Bolden, RB, New England Patriots

Andre Smith, OT, Baltimore Ravens

Kyle Peko, DT, Denver Broncos (Former Bill - Remember Wife had Hodgkin's Lymphoma last year)
Eddie Vanderdose, DT, Houston Texans

Eddie Goldman, DT, Chicago Bears

Chase Warmack, OL, Seattle Seahawks

Caleb Brantley, DL, Washington Football Team

Cole Wick, TE, New Orleans Saints

Anthony McKinney, OL, Houston Texans

Patrick Chung, S, New England Patriots

Star Lotulelei, DT, Buffalo Bills

Marquise Goodwin, WR, Eagles

Michael Pierce, DT, Minnesota Vikings

Leo Koloamatangi, OL, New York Jets

July 27

Marcus Cannon, OT, New England Patriots
Danny Vitale, FB, New England Patriots
Najee Toran, C/G, New England Patriots
Caleb Brantley, DL, Washington Football Team
Maurice Canady, CB, Dallas Cowboys

De'Anthony Thomas, WR, Baltimore Ravens

July 24

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, G, Kansas City Chiefs

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29533526/players-opting-2020-nfl-season-coronavirus-concerns-tracking-full-list

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wait until Darnold with his past health and spleen Opts out.  I can see that coming 

Would make sense for him to get out of Gase’s sphere of influence... maybe the jets suck and fire Gase and he can try to re-set with the new guy.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t knock these guys for opting out, little weird so many Pats are doing it though. 

I cant either.  I will not knock them for this choice.  It has to be a super hard choice essentially they are putting their earning capability for the year on hold for their health and familis health.

To a lesser extend I have had to make a similar type decision on to put my children back into F2F school vs virtual and the agony and research and family discussions for that choice, and the kids are still learning.

So I can imagine the agony on earning 100s thousands and Millions on hold.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I cant either.  I will not knock them for this choice.  It has to be a super hard choice essentially they are putting their earning capability for the year on hold for their health and familis health.

To a lesser extend I have had to make a similar type decision on to put my children back into F2F school vs virtual and the agony and research and family discussions for that choice, and the kids are still learning.

So I can imagine the agony on earning 100s thousands and Millions on hold.

My wife and I are having the school talk daily.

I can luckily stay home. Here in Tennessee school opens August 5th. I think we chose virtual but there’s also huge talk of delaying opening until after Labor Day as our cases in county is skyrocketing. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

My wife and I are having the school talk daily.

I can luckily stay home. Here in Tennessee school opens August 5th. I think we chose virtual but there’s also huge talk of delaying opening until after Labor Day as our cases in county is skyrocketing. 

Our County offered a F2F and Virtual here in FL.  WE chose Virtual, now the county next to us (Orange, Orlando) is delaying start of school and Virtual only because of our case explosion.