Voluntary Opt outs

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So glad to hear you only watch the bills and never any other team. 

Dude I'm just ribbing you a bit

But I honestly don't root for any other teams . I do like certain players and I honestly do like to see the super bowl stay in conference but that's my extent

I guess I always root for the pats to lose

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude I'm just ribbing you a bit

But I honestly don't root for any other teams . I do like certain players and I honestly do like to see the super bowl stay in conference but that's my extent

I guess I always root for the pats to lose

I know. ?

as I explained to Logic, b team for me is just a team with some things going for them that make me more inclined to be interested in them. Usually it’ll determine which game I flip to on a Sunday afternoon, but it’s obviously a far cry from my bills fandom. 

I do openly root for anyone playing the pats. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:50 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty significant news for the Bills. We play them again this year and I can see Denver being in that second tier of AFC teams with us/Pittsburgh this season (also could wind up against them in the playoffs).

Is it safe to say James is/should be their best O-lineman when healthy*? Puts a bit of a damper on what most people predict will be a breakout offense. 

Quite frankly, this season has become meaningless with the opt outs etc.  IMO.

Much like NHL/NBA/MLB.  

If they try and have the season, and I'm sure they will at least try as there is too much TV money on the table to pass up, I doubt I will be interested enough to watch much.  NHL is my top sport and I am barely watching any of that now.  Just can't generate any interest.

42 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Much like NHL/NBA/MLB.  

If they try and have the season, and I'm sure they will at least try as there is too much TV money on the table to pass up, I doubt I will be interested enough to watch much.  NHL is my top sport and I am barely watching any of that now.  Just can't generate any interest.

using the to date list it’s probably about on par with preseason injuries had we been into camp and our first week of games

• Like (+1) 4

NHL has been a pretty good product, IMO. 

Players are definitely not taking it easy at all. Games are intense, fast paced... I wish there were CGI fans like Fox Sports is going to do, though. But most of the time watchin the NHL I forget there isn't anyone there because they do pump in some fake crowd noise in the broadcast. 

The NFL will have the benefit of observing how everything goes in the other 3 leagues and take what worked and run with it. 

Like NoSaint mentioned, as far as opt outs go, every year teams lose guys due to pre-season injuries. This just takes its place. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

NHL has been a pretty good product, IMO. 

Players are definitely not taking it easy at all. Games are intense, fast paced... I wish there were CGI fans like Fox Sports is going to do, though. But most of the time watchin the NHL I forget there isn't anyone there because they do pump in some fake crowd noise in the broadcast. 

The NFL will have the benefit of observing how everything goes in the other 3 leagues and take what worked and run with it. 

Like NoSaint mentioned, as far as opt outs go, every year teams lose guys due to pre-season injuries. This just takes its place. 

I don’t think it takes its place; it’s  “in addition to” whatever preseason injuries occur as well. 

2 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Much like NHL/NBA/MLB.  

I think the NHL games have been great so far

48 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think the NHL games have been great so far

Quality has been fine, I agree.  But the pseudo-season-playoffs in july/august just hasn't grabbed me like hockey seasons always have. Plus jumping right into a playoff series format probably has something to do with it. I'll watch some I'm sure, but basically for me, last season was over when they shut it down.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

Quality has been fine, I agree.  But the pseudo-season-playoffs in july/august just hasn't grabbed me like hockey seasons always have. Plus jumping right into a playoff series format probably has something to do with it.

Yeah, I get that part. Feel the same way but really missed it and glad we get to see something

On 7/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Micah Hyde is the one I'm most worried about. Tre White also. Tre White honestly has no reason to play. Next year he's getting a big contract if he plays or not.

Have to give you props. We’ve never been through this before so I had no idea what to expect. But I guess I figured if they reported, they had decided to play. Totally wrong.