Voluntary Opt outs

3 hours ago, Mango said:

“I got in a fight playing pick up basketball. I understand what it’s like to be an elite athlete” 

-Basically you

My dad in his late 30’s got kicked out of a hockey league for getting in a fight, he also played varsity hockey, sign him up for team USA! 

I also played division 1 football and I've been a coach and  scout for 30 years

So yeah I think I know what I'm talking about with football. I was around elite levels of the game

Edited by Buffalo716

26 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Hard to believe that healthy young men are afraid of this virus, opting out means 1 of 4 things to me, 1) you don’t love the game 2) you are absolutely paranoid by everything the media says 3) you knew you were getting cut so you took the money 4) Because I know there was one case, your life mission is to help others and football doesn’t fit right now.

worried about family at home?

weigh over 300 lbs and/or have a high risk condition?  

you are betting against the season and made what you believe is the best financial choice?

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Hard to believe that healthy young men are afraid of this virus, opting out means 1 of 4 things to me, 1) you don’t love the game 2) you are absolutely paranoid by everything the media says 3) you knew you were getting cut so you took the money 4) Because I know there was one case, your life mission is to help others and football doesn’t fit right now.

1) you don't love the game - Maybe they love their families and value their and their family's health more.

2) you are absolutely paranoid by everything the media says - yep, this is all a hoax...nothing to see here folks...nobody has actually died from this fake virus.

3) you knew you were getting cut so you took the money - this I think is possible is some cases (especially undrafted rookies).

4) Because I know there was one case, your life mission is to help others and football doesn't fit right now - can't argue with that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Sad that you think this way. 
Did you ever stop to think they make these decisions as a family? Or that they don’t have faith in the protocols the league has in place? Maybe it’s a chance to get extra time in with their families that they otherwise could not afford to do? Maybe they’re not scared of dying from the virus but maybe they’re scared of possible long term effects that haven’t been found yet and future earnings? 

• Awesome! (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I'm paranoid of everything Drs and nurses are saying.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

So this isn’t really the thread for keeping track of voluntary opt outs, I see....

I have difficulty not chasing tagents... TADD ( topical attention deficit disorder) as a penance see below:  

Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

Green Bay Packers: WR Devin Funchess

Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran

Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

Tennessee Titans: OL Anthony McKinney

HIGHER RISK OPT-OUTS

Minnesota Vikings: DT Michael Pierce

New England Patriots: OL Marcus Cannon

Washington Football Team: DE Caleb Brantley

UNSPECIFIED OPT-OUTS

Carolina Panthers: UDFA LB Jordan Mack

Chicago Bears: DT Eddie Goldman

Denver Broncos: DT Kyle Peko

New England Patriots: S Patrick Chung

New Orleans Saints: TE Jason Vander Laan, TE Cole Wick

New York Jets: OL Leo Koloamatangi

Philadelphia Eagles: WR Marquise Goodwin

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

So Marcus Cannon who had lymphoma. Cancer of lymphatic system. Dosent love thr game, because he is at risk?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The first story/picture of an opt-out player hanging out on a crowded beach or playing basketball with friends is going to be fun.

I thought Michael Robinson summed it up pretty good last night on total access.... his rebuttal to the opt outs was, unless you literally stay in your own bubble, theres debatably not a safer more secure place you could be than these NFL facilities. So if you opt out are you seriously gonna stay home in your bubble for 4 months? some might, but i cant see it from the majority

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I thought Michael Robinson summed it up pretty good last night on total access.... his rebuttal to the opt outs was, unless you literally stay in your own bubble, theres debatably not a safer more secure place you could be than these NFL facilities. So if you opt out are you seriously gonna stay home in your bubble for 4 months? some might, but i cant see it from the majority

look at the Solder statement above "and the health of our neighbors come before football" is that an omission?

i'm in total agreement - unless you're going to totally bubble for 4 months you're not opting out with complete commitment to protecting yourself, your family.

& your neighbors...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

This view is very very narrow.

I was going to reply to this post directly but I see a lot of other people have made many of the same posts I have.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Part of the issue is their family and taking them into consideration. The other is, more and more data is coming out suggesting that asymptomatic patients are seeing long term health effects. Case and point, The NY Times piece on the US Women’s Rowing Team where many have not gotten back to pre Covid shape. It’s August now, and they were diagnosed in March. They may want to reduce their risk of possible long term career complications by not lining up face to face in camps and games with 80 other players while sweating, breathing, spitting, and laying on each other. 

Or they hate football and are a bunch of liberal sheep looking for a quick pay day. You know, either or seem equally plausible. 

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Yes, yes there is. Basically 99% of activities are a lesser risk of transmission than playing football and being in the facility watching tape, sitting in meetings, eating meals.

With a 5-7 day incubation period, by the time one guy gets it and tests positive, he’s already tackled/been tackled, lined up face to face, blood, sweat, tears, then sat in meeting rooms with his teammates. 

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

My supervisor's 10 month old granddaughter was in the ICU for 5 days, fighting this virus.  She's still not out of the woods yet.

The media had absolutely nothing to do with it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yes, yes there is. Basically 99% of activities are a lesser risk of transmission than playing football and being in the facility watching tape, sitting in meetings, eating meals.

With a 5-7 day incubation period, by the time one guy gets it and tests positive, he’s already tackled/been tackled, lined up face to face, blood, sweat, tears, then sat in meeting rooms with his teammates. 

So 99% of all other activities have the state of the art stringent daily sanitation and testing protocols available to these players that the nfl facilities offer..... Got it

Edited by Stank_Nasty