Voluntary Opt outs

19 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

A majority of the time it takes to bring something like that to market is the back and forth with the government agency.  The FDA is not going to knowingly skirt its own processes to bring something to market thats unsafe.   Most likely what you'll see is a phased approach of the vaccine.   It will be approved for limited intended use and patient population (the most high risk) and then slowly brought a long for the general population.

The first polio vaccine killed some children and left others with paralysis because they rushed it out

Nothing would change today if they fast-tracked a vaccine

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The first polio vaccine killed some children and left others with paralysis because they rushed it out

Nothing would change today if they fast-tracked a vaccine

They fast track vaccines and medical devices all the time.  They are doing it right now with medical devices under the FDA EUA process. 

Its a shorter review, but its still a review that meets the standard of safe and effective.    To be fair a lot has changed in terms of regulations since the 1955 polio vaccine. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They fast track vaccines and medical devices all the time.  They are doing it right now with medical devices under the FDA EUA process. 

Its a shorter review, but its still a review that meets the standard of safe and effective.    To be fair a lot has changed in terms of regulations since the 1955 polio vaccine. 

that's true but I could still post 1000 articles about how it's very unsafe to fast track a  vaccine under 1 year

The average time to develop a vaccine is still 10 to 20 years. Under one year is Ludicrous still

The fastest fast tracked vaccine is 5 years.. under 1 year is crazy

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m seeing a few reports refuting this 

Ah ok I didn’t look too much, there are so many coming in 

7 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

Yes, and its either Friday or Saturday.

Officially 8/1 but there’s some CBA stuff that could push it to 8/4

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Devin Funchess opts out.  Imagine if he came here like some wanted 

Oh man.  He gets a chance to play with AR and possibly become a decent player....and a pandemic hits.  I hate him as a player but I feel bad for him as a man 

I’m a bit surprised by how many guys are opting out. I realize many of them are quite wealthy already, but they also have a short window to set themselves up for life, or generations. I also realize some may have special circumstances/conditions. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not disappointed. It’s more like pleasantly surprised and impressed with guys who make decisions that are not ALL about money. 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m a bit surprised by how many guys are opting out. I realize many of them are quite wealthy already, but they also have a short window to set themselves up for life, or generations. I also realize some may have special circumstances/conditions. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not disappointed. It’s more like pleasantly surprised and impressed with guys who make decisions that are not ALL about money. 

I'm honestly not surprised

The majority of pro football players don't like the sport anymore. Like at least 70-75%

They just realized it's a way to make money because they're good at it. They lost the passion for the game a long time ago

it's only about 10% of NFL players that truly still have a passion for the game. And those are the guys you want because they are always willing to work and learn

• Like (+1) 2