Voluntary Opt outs

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There's no way a vaccine put together that quick could be safe

Even fauci and other doctors and scientists have said the same

Something that takes usually five or more years cannot be fast-tracked in 8 months safely

non sense - the first vaccine was developed in 1796. This process isn’t new.  it may well be extremely safe. “No way” is a sorry way to think. 

The pipeline constraints have more to do with the Mountains of bureaucratic hurdles,  fear of lawsuits, and maneuvering to ensure IP protection to maximize profit.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

non sense - the first vaccine was developed in 1796. This process isn’t new.  it may well be extremely safe. 

The pipeline constraints have more to do with the Mountains of bureaucratic hurdles,  fear of lawsuits, and maneuvering to ensure IP protection to maximize profit.  

In 1955 they rushed out the first polio vaccine which actually killed some children and left others paralyzed or with paralysis.. they abandoned that first programme immediately after

And I was wrong most vaccines take 10 to 20 years to develop. A vaccine produced in under a year is extremely risky, says all doctors

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-risks-of-rushing-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Rushing something of this magnitude has zero benefit's especially knowing that the actual death rates of covid are a lot less than thought in March.. I could bring up a thousand articles about why rushing vaccines are dangerous, and sometimes only enhance some problems

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I didn't know that about Brown. And we play in Denver this year ... Ryan Clark sat out games at elevation based on his sickle cell trait.

He sat out games in Denver after he played there and almost died afterward.  Lost a gall bladder in the process if memory serves. Tomlin would not let him play any games in Denver after that Including a playoff game.  Said if Clark was his son he wouldn’t be playing.

It’s hard to compare on vaccines from history.  The modern FDA is very strict and vaccines as well as meds, devices, genomic testing goes through a rigorous process.  There are three phases of clinical trials they must go through and everything that happens to subjects is reported even if it has nothing to do with the vaccine.  During phase 3 trials the researchers are looking at efficacy and safety of human trials.

Once completed, they have a month or so to package the information to submit to the FDA.  The FDA reviewers usually take 9-12 months to review the PMA, and typically ask questions.  The company then compiled further dats and then submits to the FDA for review.  If all questions are answered, and the product is proven to work and safe, it is approved and available for commercial use.  Then there is the ramp up of mass production.  Lastly, all of this data is submitted to Medicare, Medicaid, all of the commercial insurances for them to review whether they approve for reimbursement like Aetna, Humana, Cigna, the various Blue Cross plans, and so on.

Fast tracking still will take At least 8-12 months from submission.  I know the process as I was in the clinical side of medicine, but then in management of medical device, biotechnology, and originally specialty pharmaceuticals.  People in my industry know all too well the lengthy process.  You just can’t speed up this process that much.  The FDA is much more strict than European CMARC.  

The last point is ramping up production takes time, and if socialized medicine countries who buy in mass quantity lay more than the US, there could be delays in commercial availability here.  It’s just the way it works.  Like it or not, that’s how it works.  I hope that helps some who are trying to wrap their arms around what needs to happen.  My guess is the earliest we see a vaccine here is next late Spring, but more likely next Summer.

Until then, the CDC guidelines is the best we can do with masks, social distancing etc.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Another Patriot Opt Out.  Bolden newest

the Patriot way? These are key guys.

At some point does the inertia bring the rest along? 

While risk isn’t changing, potential reward becomes less probable with each key starter opting out 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Sad from league perspective but understandable. I'd say many more will follow including big names such as starting QBs. There will be Bills players too.

It will be very different season (if there is any season at all).

I am still hoping it will sort out somehow but am not very optimistic.