Ray-Ray, McGhin released.

7 minutes ago, Reader said:

To be fair, our defense played really well against Lamar comparatively.

Yep. I recall a couple of post-game articles last year about how the Bills laid out the blueprint on how to stop Lamar. That game was closer than I expected it to be. 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

ummm wasn’t he cut last year too? 

Some traditions never get old.....

4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yep. I recall a couple of post-game articles last year about how the Bills laid out the blueprint on how to stop Lamar. That game was closer than I expected it to be. 

Hopefully that blueprint is still effective and can be replicated across the league......whenever we play again. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Some traditions never get old.....

Hopefully that blue print is still effective and can be replicated across the league......whenever we play again. 

Until Lamar get better at throwing outside the numbers.. which I have my doubts on

The blueprint will stick. But you need the right defensive personnel for the blueprint which only a few teams have

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Another team mentioned they used the Bills blueprint in the playoffs to help beat the Ravens. Don't remember who said it though.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Until Lamar get better at throwing outside the numbers.. which I have my doubts on

The blueprint will stick. But you need the right defensive personnel for the blueprint which only a few teams have

Yeh, you could give, say, the Bengals the blueprint (and maybe even tip them off to plays) and it’s not helping. BUT, come playoff time? I like what our D, or any really good D, can do to slow that down. I’m hopeful in that regard. 

Just now, Augie said:

Yeh, you could give, say, the Bengals the blueprint (and maybe even tip them off to plays) and it’s not helping. BUT, come playoff time? I like what our D, or any really good D, can do to slow that down. I’m hopeful in that regard. 

Yeah you can tell the Bangals the plays beforehand and they still wont  be able to stop him lol

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Another team mentioned they used the Bills blueprint in the playoffs to help beat the Ravens. Don't remember who said it though.

Titans

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/01/bills-blueprint-helps-eliminate-ravens-lamar-jackson-did-titans-give-bills-josh-allen-one-in-return.html

How did the No. 6 Titans do it?

Tennessee cornerback Logan Ryan gave a hat tip to the Buffalo Bills and what they were able to do against the Ravens in a 24-17 loss in Week 14.

“We wanted to give (Jackson) loaded boxes all night to get him out of the run game. We were either playing with a loaded box and man to man and make him beat us throwing the ball outside mano-a-mano, or we were going to play a zone defense, a quarters defense similar to what Buffalo did,” Ryan said, per Bleacher Report’s Ty Dunne. “And Buffalo played them well. Buffalo just didn’t score a lot of points on offense.”

The Bills defense suffocated Jackson in that regular season contest, holding him to 145 yards passing and 40 yards rushing - one of his least productive yardage days on the season. He did throw three touchdown passes that were the difference in the game, but the Titans seemed to have perfected what the Bills tried to do on Saturday night. Jackson threw for a whopping 365 yards on 59 passes but in doing so turned the ball over three times (two interceptions and a fumble). He completed just 52 percent of his passes. He ran the ball 20 times for 143 yards but the Ravens scored just 12 points.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

if the Bills offense could do anything we would never won that game. Same could be said of the Cheats game in Foxboro.

hopefully that changes this year.

Not at all surprised by McCloud. He was a fun guy, but I think we've seen him at pretty close to his ceiling. Maybe he lands on another team as a gadget guy, but Diggs, and McKenzie are both better at everything in McCloud's wheelhouse. He could still land on an NFL team.

In a different year, perhaps McGhin could have really developed on the PS, and turned into a decent G. He was a fun underdog rookie to root for last season. Interesting guy with a lot of good things said about him by people who knew him. But, he's probably done in the NFL.

19 hours ago, Reader said:

To be fair, our defense played really well against Lamar comparatively.

good point.  our offense couldn’t move the ball.  In fact, our D plan vs. Balt was copied in the playoffs by Tenn.