Roger Goodell publishes open letter to NFL Fans as training camps start up

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont understand your logic.  Baseball is playing, basketball and hockey will both be playing.  So why is the NFL the great evil for having a season?

'xxx is too greedy' is just the cool thing to say these days.   :rolleyes:

So a little insider info

The bills plan is multi layered someone in the office came up with it don't know who.

Every position group has a number assigned to it, only certain coaches can be in proximity to them layers as you will 1 2 3 4 some staff did not get a number.  Which means they did not get a number re can't get neer the players or facilities.

Extra cleaning set up for weight rooms offices classrooms outside field. Several other teams have also used this model. Players told not to mingle once on campus

(Don't know how that is going to work)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Bubbles were proposed in my industry (television production) and were quickly shut down. The logistics become a nightmare and the cost of it becomes a disincentive.  

I'm also in TV production (gaffer), in Los Angeles. There are several productions that have started back up (not mine, unfortunately), and the protocols that are in place give me hope that the NFL could actually pull this off. I'm certainly more optimistic now than I was a few weeks ago.

If I may ask, what department are you in, and what city?

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm also in TV production (gaffer), in Los Angeles. There are several productions that have started back up (not mine, unfortunately), and the protocols that are in place give me hope that the NFL could actually pull this off. I'm certainly more optimistic now than I was a few weeks ago.

If I may ask, what department are you in, and what city?

Dolly Grip in NYC. I’m actually supposed to start working on taking a stage down from a show we were on right before this all started. After that who knows. Things have returned to normal mostly out here where I live, so I’m also optimistic that things will start turning around. 

Like every plan, in any industry, it’s can the human beings get it done. Can people act responsibly, and do what’s best, not necessarily right. I wish that i could say I’m surprised that the kid from the Clippers got in trouble for going out. But I’m not. People make bad choices, only now, the stakes are even higher. If there is an NFL season, disciplined teams will have a clear advantage. That’s the only way out of this. 

Nice to meet you brother, Go Bills!

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, scuba guy said:

So a little insider info

The bills plan is multi layered someone in the office came up with it don't know who.

Every position group has a number assigned to it, only certain coaches can be in proximity to them layers as you will 1 2 3 4 some staff did not get a number.  Which means they did not get a number re can't get neer the players or facilities.

Extra cleaning set up for weight rooms offices classrooms outside field. Several other teams have also used this model. Players told not to mingle once on campus

(Don't know how that is going to work)

Interesting, thanks for sharing this. 

Whether we like it or not we will all need to be infected at some point to develop immunity.

This was/is a  man made virus.

Lets just get on with life and let the chips fall where they may.

BTW I didn't get my email from Dear Rodger.

• Like (+1) 1

You can't even put middle class Americans in a bubble and good luck trying to force them to wear a mask or gloves in a hardware or grocery story. Over privileged ******* *** ******* *** *****. Then think of that complex and times it by 100 and you have your millionaire NFL players who feel like they are above the law and do not need to listen to anyone because they can purchase a island and make up their own laws/rules.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont understand your logic.  Baseball is playing, basketball and hockey will both be playing.  So why is the NFL the great evil for having a season?

Baseball is about to shut down because they made the same mistake as the NFL is planning, teams travelling and going home every day.  NBA did it smart keeping the players in a bubble. Harder to do for NFL with most of the games traditionally played just on Sundays.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The game will go on, and Goodell is ready to get things going. One point he made sure to note: Much like the game itself, adjustments might be necessary.

"Adaptability and flexibility will be needed for the foreseeable future," Goodell wrote. "After all, even the best game plan changes as new challenges arise. This year's NFL Draft is a good example that embracing change can still deliver the fun and excitement we all crave.

"While this year will forever be defined by a heartbreaking global pandemic and a transformative social justice movement, I am reminded of the tenacious, resilient spirit of our country, the NFL community, and you, the greatest fans in the world. Thank you for your continued support."

Game plan??? You mean the one where you did nothing for 8 months, assuming the pandemic would do as it's told and go away before August?

I'm stunned at how unprepared the NFL is to combat this situation. They were handed a gift when Covid showed up as soon as the 2019-2020 season ended, giving them a full off-season to come up with a plan to keep their money train rolling, and it turns out they had their heads in the sand the whole time??? WOW!!

50 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Game plan??? You mean the one where you did nothing for 8 months, assuming the pandemic would do as it's told and go away before August?

I'm stunned at how unprepared the NFL is to combat this situation. They were handed a gift when Covid showed up as soon as the 2019-2020 season ended, giving them a full off-season to come up with a plan to keep their money train rolling, and it turns out they had their heads in the sand the whole time??? WOW!!

Not sure why you're making these assumptions. The protocols that are being put in place are systems that have never existed before. It's an enormous undertaking that most certainly has not been planned overnight. Add to that the unpredictable elements of the pandemic, and the unprecedented nature of the situation. This is uncharted territory. 

Consider the draft that took place in April. That was a groundbreaking production on a scale that had never been attempted, and went off without a hitch. Say what you want about Goodell, but I don't think anyone in the NFL has their head in the sand.

• Like (+1) 1