Sando's Annual QB Tiers (voted on by 50 NFL coaches and "evaluators")

59 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Watson "carries his team on his back every week" and "has no holes in his game"??  Come on...

Here's a hole: "elite #1 WR".  Even with Hopkins, Watson ran a mediocre Offense.

Carries his team on his back @ 16th in the league for attempts...

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has carried them plenty. Maybe not every week.... but most weeks he is their most important player. The lack of 300 yard passing days last year was at least in part on BO'B who wants to run the ball more. He just traded away an elite receiver for a darn running back! He had five 300 yard passing games in 2018 and two in 6 starts in 2017 as a rookie.

I think that is fair. I think he is almost in a no man's land between tier 1 and tier 2. I think he is in the right position in the list at #5. Whether he is in the right tier.... that is debateable.

I think then, if your coach's Offensive philosophy is of not asking you to carry the team, you aren't.   Watson goes solidly into tier 2, as he cannot be compared with the 5 guys in tier 1 based on what he has actually achieved in the league so far.

In 2018, he 4 300 yard games in the first 5 weeks, yet  only 1 for the rest of the season.  He was a dud in the playoffs that year.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Carries his team on his back @ 16th in the league for attempts...

That's not a heavy load...

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think then, if your coach's Offensive philosophy is of not asking you to carry the team, you aren't.   Watson goes solidly into tier 2, as he cannot be compared with the 5 guys in tier 1 based on what he has actually achieved in the league so far.

In 2018, he 4 300 yard games in the first 5 weeks, yet  only 1 for the rest of the season.  He was a dud in the playoffs that year.

That's not a heavy load...

I see zero justification for putting Watson over guys like Ryan and Prescott. And I'm not that high on Prescott.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

please Lamar get too much credit for having a good defense behind him and opposing defenses over reacting to his running threat. 

he is Tyrod 2.5.  

Let him play a few more years and let’s pass judgment then. 

This list isn't passing judgement on them a few years from now though...

32 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I see zero justification for putting Watson over guys like Ryan and Prescott. And I'm not that high on Prescott.

The other two guys don't BoB to deal with 

Edited by jeremy2020

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

To recap.  You get super sensitive anyone says a negative word about Allen.  

but guys like Watson (career 256 passing yards per game, 67%, 71 passing tds to 21 ints, 101 rating and 14 rushing tds) and Dak, you’re not high on. 

you realize how insanely hypocritical you are coming across right?  Watson won that game in the 2nd half and had his team beating the SB champs (only 388 passing yards and 2 tds) before the defense melted down. 

Saying Watson isn’t really good is a really dumb take. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Somewhere @GunnerBill has one of his eyelids twitching uncontrollably.

Hard to ‘carry your team’ as a quarterback when half the league is throwing more passes than you imo

oh wait I’m ‘wrong’ lmfao

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

To recap.  You get super sensitive anyone says a negative word about Allen.  

but guys like Watson (career 256 passing yards per game, 67%, 71 passing tds to 21 ints, 101 rating and 14 rushing tds) and Dak, you’re not high on. 

you realize how insanely hypocritical you are coming across right?  Watson won that game in the 2nd half and had his team beating the SB champs (only 388 passing yards and 2 tds) before the defense melted down. 

Saying Watson isn’t really good is a really dumb take. 

This isn’t Allen vs Watson. You are projecting

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My eyelids are fine. He is wrong. 

Are there different standards this board has for evaluating non Bills qbs??? This is crazy town. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Hard to ‘carry your team’ as a quarterback when half the league is throwing more passes than you imo

oh wait I’m ‘wrong’ lmfao

This isn’t Allen vs Watson. You are projecting

I just showing you how terrible your tales are.  Zero rational facts or consistency. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are there different standards this board has for evaluating non Bills qbs??? This is crazy town. 

I just showing you how terrible your tales are.  Zero rational facts or consistency. 

All you’re showing is you can’t read. I haven’t said a single word about Allen in this thread.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

All you are showing is you have zero idea how to evaluate Qbs. 

Please. Go through my posting history. I’m accurate on pretty much everything football related I write here. 

Your rabid Allen takes color your judgement as evidenced above. Our main point of contention is whether Watson should be above or below Matt Ryan and Dak Prescott, and suddenly you accuse me of ‘terrible’ takes and ‘zero ideas’ re: QBs.

Ask the guy you think agrees with you in @GunnerBill We might dispute some players here and there but I know what I’m talking about. You, on the other hand, are just embarrassing yourself.

• Haha (+1) 1

The board always complains when it is pundits ranking players and here is actual coaches and we want to critique. Note: this is not a which tier do I think they will be in 2023 article, it is based off of 2019. I think it is fair in general and of course some will prefer QB7 over QB6, but this is not an exact science so let it go. I think it does show that the league feels Josh is progressing (and given that he was a very raw prospect that is what you want to see) and it also shows that he has clearly not arrived. This year is huge for him and the team. he does not need to be a tier 1 quarterback this year, but he does need to climb into the discussion of tier 2.

As an aside, 1) Watson plays on a dysfunctional team and has been outstanding .. not certain how you can view him as anything but an upper-echelon QB; and 2) 1 great year is too small a sample size to say that Lamar will be upper echelon for the long-term, but he was clearly that in 2019.

===========

For Mr. Weo only since he thinks I am a Josh homer .. this is crazy .. Josh should be behind only Mahomes and  Russell Wilson .. this is an outrage :)

52 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

1 great year is too small a sample size to say that Lamar will be upper echelon for the long-term, but he was clearly that in 2019

Lamar is 19-1 in his career when not playing against Pat Mahomes.  He’s great.

19 minutes ago, Billl said:

Lamar is 19-1 in his career when not playing against Pat Mahomes.  He’s great.

Did the Titans or the browns have a player named Mahomes now? 

They both beat Lamar last year.