Sando's Annual QB Tiers (voted on by 50 NFL coaches and "evaluators")

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Lamar is not Tyrod in any way my friend. He is the same exact guy in the NFL that he was in college. If anything I would say he's Kaep on steroids. The guy is electric. Our defense held him to his lowest output of the year in total yards from scrimmage, but not everyone has our defense to do that. If Lamar can improve his passing to the boundaries then it's lights out. Right now though he doesn't throw those very well. He loves his tall receivers whether they be TE or WR and a lot of his passing production comes off of the threat of his legs finding those tall receivers. The talent is there and he is in the perfect system for his skill set. You have to give credit where credit is due sometimes brother.

If Allen had a year like Lamar then EVERYONE on here would be defending him if naysayers popped up. 

Agree a million percent.  If Allen throws for 30 plus tds in a year and I say a negative word about him, delete my account. 

it blows my mind that a franchise that has seen garbage offense for 2 decades can somehow knock a MVP qb.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The only thing that stands out to me is Watson in the top tier.

Watson is awesome.  He was awesome in college and he is awesome with an idiot running the team. We might have went to the SB with him last year. 

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Sorry, but if I refuse to crown Lamar king after 2 seasons. 

as I said. Let’s see where he is in a few years. 

Where do you have Allen ranked?  And no one is crowning him.  But dude has had about as good of a career as any 23 year old ever.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Sorry, but if I refuse to crown Lamar king after 2 seasons. 

as I said. Let’s see where he is in a few years. 

I don't think anyone is saying he's the greatest QB in the game, but you can't deny that he has been absolutely electric. It's like Vick in the Atlanta years. Everyone knew Vick wasn't a pure passer, but he was the greatest athlete that anyone had seen at the position. Lamar is a step above Vick already in his development. Yes, we will have to see if his playing style is sustainable as even before the suspension Vick's body was breaking down on him just as Cam Newton and his now. At this point though I have absolutely 0 issue with Lamar being at #7. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Watson is awesome.  He was awesome in college and he is awesome with an idiot running the team. We might have went to the SB with him last year. 

Where do you have Allen ranked?  And no one is crowning him.  But dude has had about as good of a career as any 23 year old ever.  

Did I argue Josh's #.   

But since you asked, Josh is by far a better passer.  again My opinion.  

Jeff Hostetler was "successful" and won a SB, Trent Dilfer won one, Joe Flacco won one.    

How many reached  the HoF?  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did I argue Josh's #.   

But since you asked, Josh is by far a better passer.  again My opinion.  

Jeff Hostetler was "successful" and won a SB, Trent Dilfer won one, Joe Flacco won one.    

How many reached  the HoF?  

Allen is a far better passer??? He literally hasn’t been on any level ever.  I don’t know how you could possibly make that claim with any factual basis.  

and have no idea what the second part means. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank you. But I don’t have a subscription haha.

Tier 1: 

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Mahomes

5. Luck

6. Rivers

7. Big Ben

8. Wilson

Tier 2:

9. Matt Ryan

10. Wentz

11. Stafford

12. Watson

13. Goff

14. Baker

Tier 3:

15. Cam Newton

16. Cousins

17. Dak

18. Foles

19. Garoppolo

20. Carr

21. Flacco

22. Dalton/Jameis

24. Eli Manning

25. Trubisky

26. Mariota

27. Darnold

Tier 4:

28. Lamar

29. Josh Allen

30. Fitzpatrick

31. Keenum

32. Rosen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s the MVP of the league. He led the highest scoring offense in the league (by a substantial margin). Lamar Jackson is elite. Saying that doesn’t discredit Allen or anyone else. I’m not sure why we feel a need to discredit Lamar? As of right now, he’s one of the best QBs in football and trending up.

Just one slight caveat on this post (and I'm sure it is what you meant Kirbs so apologies if it feels pedantic) - Lamar was elite in 2019. Before saying someone IS elite they do have come back and put a couple of seasons at that sort of standard together. I am pretty confident Lamar is gonna be good in 2020 too, and if he is then he will be an established elite player and in tier 1. I suspect very strongly you agree with this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just one slight caveat on this post (and I'm sure it is what you meant Kirbs so apologies if it feels pedantic) - Lamar was elite in 2019. Before saying someone IS elite they do have come back and put a couple of seasons at that sort of standard together. I am pretty confident Lamar is gonna be good in 2020 too, and if he is then he will be an established elite player and in tier 1. I suspect very strongly you agree with this.

That’s fair. It was directed at those thinking that he’s getting too much credit in tier 2. The guy is a 23 year-old MVP!!  He’s by no means getting too much credit. If anything he’s being underrated by not being in tier 1. He has to follow up last year but even if he drops some he’s a tier 2 guy. If he has the EXACT same year as last year he’s, without question, a tier 1 QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Watson "carries his team on his back every week" and "has no holes in his game"??  Come on...

Here's a hole: "elite #1 WR".  Even with Hopkins, Watson ran a mediocre Offense.

He had Hopkins, no doubt. But he is worth 5 points a game to that offense from what it was with Hopkins and without Watson to what it was with Hopkins, a worse oline and Watson.

I could take an argument that as of today he is the top of tier 2, rather than hanging onto the end of tier 1. I think there is an argument to be had there. But he isn't any lower than that.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Tier 1: 

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Mahomes

5. Luck

6. Rivers

7. Big Ben

8. Wilson

Tier 2:

9. Matt Ryan

10. Wentz

11. Stafford

12. Watson

13. Goff

14. Baker

Tier 3:

15. Cam Newton

16. Cousins

17. Dak

18. Foles

19. Garoppolo

20. Carr

21. Flacco

22. Dalton/Jameis

24. Eli Manning

25. Trubisky

26. Mariota

27. Darnold

Tier 4:

28. Lamar

29. Josh Allen

30. Fitzpatrick

31. Keenum

32. Rosen

That list was really accurate based on what happened the following season.  It underrated Lamar and overrated Rivers.  Other than that, pretty hard to criticize it.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He had Hopkins, no doubt. But he is worth 5 points a game to that offense from what it was with Hopkins and without Watson to what it was with Hopkins, a worse oline and Watson.

I could take an argument that as of today he is the top of tier 2, rather than hanging onto the end of tier 1. I think there is an argument to be had there. But he isn't any lower than that.

I'll agree to that. But he's a fairly low-wattage passing QB who threw over 300 yds 3 times in 18 games and 3 passing TDs twice. After week 6 of the regular season., he had 2 rushing TDs (both in one game) until the playoffs. 

He carried his team at the end of the Bills game (by literally carrying poor Poyer into the endzone), but I don't see his as a QB who carries his team every week.  He doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why does Baker continue to receive this much credit.......look at his weapons and look at where his team resides year after year.

Well, since has only played 2 years, you can accurately say "year after year".

Anyway, how is ranking him in the 3rd tier out of 4 (right with Josh), behind Tannehill (one year wonder), Newton (played a full season 3 years ago) and Murray (never played) "receiving this much credit"?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'll agree to that. But he's a fairly low-wattage passing QB who threw over 300 yds 3 times in 18 games and 3 passing TDs twice. After week 6 of the regular season., he had 2 rushing TDs (both in one game) until the playoffs. 

He carried his team at the end of the Bills game (by literally carrying poor Poyer into the endzone), but I don't see his as a QB who carries his team every week.  He doesn't. 

He has carried them plenty. Maybe not every week.... but most weeks he is their most important player. The lack of 300 yard passing days last year was at least in part on BO'B who wants to run the ball more. He just traded away an elite receiver for a darn running back! He had five 300 yard passing games in 2018 and two in 6 starts in 2017 as a rookie.

23 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I dont doubt that Watson is really good.  I just wouldnt put him on the 'team on his back every week' category that they have of Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson.

I think that is fair. I think he is almost in a no man's land between tier 1 and tier 2. I think he is in the right position in the list at #5. Whether he is in the right tier.... that is debateable.