NASCAR Season

BringBackFergy

Just purchased three tix to Bristol Night Race (Bass Pro) on September 19th.  Why am I kind of excited? Weird.

Anyway, I bought insurance on each ticket ($9/ticket) even though the terms and conditions said "COVID 19 cancellation or closure to fans is not a valid claim"....only if I am suffering from COVID (illness) will I get refund.  Sounds like a scam but I bought the insurance anyway in case of a car breakdown on the way down, etc.

I figure since I am just starting out I'd pick a young unknown driver a few months ago so I've been following John Hunter Nemechek (#38 car).

Now to find hotel reservations within 30 miles of Bristol.

Rough it and go camping 

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just purchased three tix to Bristol Night Race (Bass Pro) on September 19th.  Why am I kind of excited? Weird.

Now to find hotel reservations within 30 miles of Bristol.

LOL  I guess I didn't expect to see so many dedicated camp sites 

Bristol Raceway Camping

http://www.bristolracewaycamping.net/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bristol+Raceway+Camping/@36.5112663,-82.2588464,15.25z/data=!3m1!5s0x885a82daef9843e3:0x844eef41a68dc180!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xfd258abebaa4a647!2sBristol+Motor+Speedway!8m2!3d36.515694!4d-82.2569667!3m4!1s0x0:0x92d0b2883535aec7!8m2!3d36.5003094!4d-82.2639889

Lady's Camping too.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Went to Kansas a few years ago, it just happened that a trip there for work coincided with the race that weekend. It was my first, and to this day, only race. I recommend, if you can get them, prerace infield passes. We were able to go all over, even into the winners circle. Some people were writing their names on the start/finish line. Got to see the cars going through pre-race inspection. 

Sat about 1/3 of the way up, a little past the start/finish line, it was just high enough that you could see the whole track. 

Favorite driver, Matt Kenseth, I believe he's in the #42 now. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 8 months later...

Locally, back in the 90's, Holland Speedway was THE place to go.  So many touring classes stopping there and the track's own top classes and car counts, talented drivers, it was awesome.  The Nascar North series annual stop there was just WOW!  Just a shell of itself now.  As someone above stated not following Nascar for 10-15 years, that fall extended to the local tracks too

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.