14 Positives on Marlins

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I didn't cite australia 

No, but you said, “ most countries are past it”. I’m just saying that isn’t true. Australia was used by people as the shining example of how you can miraculously eradicate something without a vaccine or treatment. The reality is much different. That’s all I’m saying. 

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

People are losing their minds.  The whole reason for the shutdown was so won’t have this now.  And guess what? It worked in pretty much every country.  But because a bunch of babies had temper tantrums, we might lose out on the best Bills team since the SB years.  

At least 50% of the population are morons..  Like absolute glue sniffers.

The sad thing is their ideas get reinforced by whatever media they choose that shares the same insane logic and viewpoints they do...

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Please search for news about Australia. The idea that anyone is “past” this is funny. 

No one is "past" it, you are correct. But plenty of other countries at least seem to have handle on it to where they can start safely, slowly re-opening... while STILL following proper protocols and wearing masks.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No. Is it bad?  Sports league wise, they seem to be doing much better. 

Countries like France, UK, Spain etc., are seeing dramatic increases in cases again.   We are definitely not alone in dealing with a second wave..  It's everywhere again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

No, but you said, “ most countries are past it”. I’m just saying that isn’t true. Australia was used by people as the shining example of how you can miraculously eradicate something without a vaccine or treatment. The reality is much different. That’s all I’m saying. 

Is Australia "most countries"? 

Take a glance at the graphs here and tell me whose company you would like to keep?

https://www.endcoronavirus.org/countries Yes, there are more small nations that still have problems, but among the first world, only the US, Canada, Spain and Japan, and Israel are still surging. Canada is also way down from highs.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No one is "past" it, you are correct. But plenty of other countries at least seem to have handle on it to where they can start safely, slowly re-opening... while STILL following proper protocols and wearing masks.

Unfortunately it seems like all they've done is just delay re-opening and be more restrictive of their population than places in America have.  Now that they're re-opening more, they are seeing dramatic increases again. 

Then you also have more authoritarian governments, like those in SE Asia, that just bring Thor's hammer down on it's citizens anytime a potential outbreak looks like it might be occurring.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

interesting take -- I interpret science professionals saying something different than this ... 

for schools?  medical professionals that treat children are all for the reopening.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I am speaking specifically about schools. 

The professionals I've seen all seem to be saying,  "Face to face school is better than for kids and the economy than at home/online school --- Now here are a list of ten things you need to do to make that a safe, practical possibility ... and, btw, no school is ready to do these 10 things ... or can afford it ... or is getting the proper financial, political or professional support ..."

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe its time to get, you know, priorities in order and shut down sports altogether and get this damn virus under control. And we can, you know, come together as 1 and fight this so we can all resume normalcy sooner. Putting band aids on this will not slow the spread at all.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Countries like France, UK, Spain etc., are seeing dramatic increases in cases again.   We are definitely not alone in dealing with a second wave..  It's everywhere again.

Theres no "waves."

This isn't the flu.  Most countries that immediately headed for their basements never got the saturation it needed to die out.  

It needs to run its course.  Shutting down life indefinitely is not a solution. 

The analogy of it being a forest fire is spot on.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Maybe its time to get, you know, priorities in order and shut down sports altogether and get this damn virus under control. And we can, you know, come together as 1 and fight this so we can all resume normalcy sooner. Putting band aids on this will not slow the spread at all.

Obviously, we can't. Something as simple as wearing a mask is difficult for some

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Who's losing their mind? If we miss out on the NFL season, it's no one's fault but ourselves. As a society we didn't take responsibility for our actions and do what was required to end the outbreak. We're the only country treating it as an inevitable part of everyday life. Most other countries are already past it. 

It Was 100 Worth It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Theres no "waves."

This isn't the flu.  Most countries that immediately headed for their basements never got the saturation it needed to die out.  

It needs to run its course.  Shutting down life indefinitely is not a solution. 

The analogy of it being a forest fire is spot on.  

I also see this side of the argument. Well said.

21 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I didn't cite australia 

20 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Add much of Asia to that, too.  They're getting their second wave now.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

The professionals I've seen all seem to be saying,  "Face to face school is better than for kids and the economy than at home/online school --- Now here are a list of ten things you need to do to make that a safe, practical possibility ... and, btw, no school is ready to do these 10 things ... or can afford it ... or is getting the proper financial, political or professional support ..."

I don't know who you are quoting there.  I googled a piece of your quote, and I found nothing. It goes without saying that there are prerequisites to getting to a place where we can reopen schools. The problem is that the posturing does even get us there. On one side, all that is being said is that we have to reopen. On the other side, they are only saying that we shouldn't even try.  Obsessing over this stage of the debate means we can't get to a place where we figure out how to meet the prereqs necessary to open schools.  

14 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It can be done - Just create a bubble for each team. The NFLPA just doesn't want to do it. 

This is what I think has to be done.  You have to keep all 32 teams in their own controlled, training camp type situation with next to zero contact with the outside world.  As I said in another thread, soldiers are asked to perform tours of duty that last a year.  This would last 5 months for folks making serious dough.

Daily testing is of limited value when positive tests take days to show up.  Buyouts of hotels and meals are cheap relative to losing this season's NFL TV money.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Unfortunately it seems like all they've done is just delay re-opening and be more restrictive of their population than places in America have.  Now that they're re-opening more, they are seeing dramatic increases again. 

Then you also have more authoritarian governments, like those in SE Asia, that just bring Thor's hammer down on it's citizens anytime a potential outbreak looks like it might be occurring.  

You guys should look up Taiwan. No lockdown, just a competent government response and responsible citizens. 

• Like (+1) 1