14 Positives on Marlins

I'm curious, personally, to see how these 12 or 14 players/staffers feel over the next week or two.  Will they feel awful?  will they feel no different than normal?  Will any be hospitalized?  I hope they report on this.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The latest advice is to keep teachers in pods, with the same group of kids

And how does that work in a high school?

Also, it's not just teachers, we are going to blow through bus drivers like you wouldn't believe and there aren't enough of them to begin with

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its sort of the like the school reopening debate. The medical community generally, if not universally, supports the reopening posture. Yet, somehow, the teachers unions have framed the debate as reopening being against the advice of medical consensus, when that is not at all true.  

Recommendations vary depending on the state of the pandemic in a given location. And you need to separate recommendations from truly independent experts and those who are being pressured by politicians. There are indirect problems with schools that have to be considered. Child care is actually a real problem. Locally, our numbers are excellent and heading in the right direction but then we had a person who was having some mild symptoms and had to report to work or be fired. Took her kid to day care resulting, so far, in 16 people being infected. Suddenly our numbers starting going the wrong way. 

Edited by Mickey
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

no it isn't. If exposed it takes days to turn positive 

I dont believe that to be correct  from anything i have read...can you show where you are getting this info?

Edited by plenzmd1

Just now, zow2 said:

I'm curious, personally, to see how these 12 or 14 players/staffers feel over the next week or two.  Will they feel awful?  will they feel no different than normal?  Will any be hospitalized?  I hope they report on this.  

You just hit the nail on the head. Positive cases does not equate to hospitalization/death/lung scarring/runny nose/headache/or any other manifestation of the virus thrown out there.

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

Recommendations vary depending on the state of the pandemic in a given location. And you need to separate recommendations from truly independent experts and those who are being pressured by politicians. There are indirect problems with schools that have to be considered. Child care is actually a real problem. Locally, our numbers are excellent and heading in the right direction but then we had a person who was having some mild symptoms and had to report to work or be fired. Took her kid to day care resulting, so far, in 26 people being infected. Suddenly our numbers starting going the wrong way. 

would love to see a link to that..please provide

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Passan made a point to say " there are some cases that are symptomatic"..just because almost all cases in athletes so far have been asymptomatic, or very mild symptoms. I don't believe any hospitalizations.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Not very interesting, at this point we know that some people get hit hard and some don't. Existing health can be a predictor on that but not always. Regardless, they have to be quarantined to prevent spread. The argument that this disease is no worse than the sniffles or the flu is over. I certainly hope and expect that as professional athletes with access to the best care available they will all have excellent outcomes. 

29 minutes ago, Process said:

A complete ****-show. 

NBA and NHL will be fun, they are doing it right 

The leagues have a good plan, but it doesn't seem the players are as there have been many NBA players who have been caught leaving it for food or strip club visits, or just forgeting to get tested.....

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think what's universal is that adults are the big spreaders to other adults.   Kids, especially under-13 have not proven to be spreaders in Europe, Asia and daycare's that have been open in America.  The latest advice is to keep teachers in pods, with the same group of kids.. and keep the adults away from each other. 

Is there actually data that supports kids don't spread it?  Are they that genetically different?  Or is community spread just low in those areas?

I'd assume if a school in a hot area in FL or any Southern State were to open, there would be a lot of virus spread... 

20 minutes ago, Mickey said:

You know, it is almost as if there is some sort of cause - effect relationship between a cavalier attitude about this disease and the rate of infection. Weird.

Nope, just have to wait for the weather to get warmer so it all goes away just like the Flu!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You just hit the nail on the head. Positive cases does not equate to hospitalization/death/lung scarring/runny nose/headache/or any other manifestation of the virus thrown out there.

You're right. It's just a made up thing. Nothing actually happens. It's all part of a world-wide conspiracy.

I have nothing to be concerned about with schools reopening either. My asthmatic wife will be fine as well. As will by diabetic father and my mother who is coming off cancer treatment. My kids as well they will be fine. Kids don't sick except the ones that do. Everything will be great and this will disappear. Bunch of hullabaloo over nothing I tells ya.

• Like (+1) 2

Not surprising at all, the same is going to happen to NFL teams. If the players and staff do not take this seriously... all it takes is one guy to infect a bunch of teammates and staff. Testing only helps identify/contain the virus, it doesn’t prevent it from spreading.  For some team it will turn into a S show, and they will be fielding third and fourth  string talent. 

Fingers crossed ? for the season. 

Go Bills!!!

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Passan made a point to say " there are some cases that are symptomatic"..just because almost all cases in athletes so far have been asymptomatic, or very mild symptoms. I don't believe any hospitalizations.

I know he wasn’t hospitalized, but reading how bad this laid up Freddie Freeman should give anyone pause.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Nope, just have to wait for the weather to get warmer so it all goes away just like the Flu!

It's 97 in Philly today. Everything is fine. Play the game! I mean Florida is super cold this time of year also so when the snow melts there I'm sure it will tone down.

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Is there actually data that supports kids don't spread it?  Are they that genetically different?  Or is community spread just low in those areas?

I'd assume if a school in a hot area in FL or any Southern State were to open, there would be a lot of virus spread... 

There is, and a lot. I would suggest you take a look at this article, and all of the articles out there and studies that support that. May need to copy ans paste in incognito mode . Tons of great links included in that article

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/20/opinion/listen-science-reopen-schools/

Edited by plenzmd1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

...and your point is what? We know not everyone who gets this dies, or has life threatening issues or permanent medical problems. We know it is highly transmissible and that it can kill, hence the truck morgues and rising death toll. I don't know that there is any disagreement over that, we all know the numbers, about 150k dead and growing and millions who have recovered, some fully, some not. Therefore, ergo, what?

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

would love to see a link to that..please provide

oops, typo, 16, not 26

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/07/at-least-16-sick-after-coronavirus-exposure-at-dewitt-in-home-day-care-take-this-seriously-stay-home-if-sick-at-all.html

24 minutes ago, Mickey said:

You know, it is almost as if there is some sort of cause - effect relationship between a cavalier attitude about this disease and the rate of infection. Weird.

How do you explain California? They have been having huge spikes in cases too. They have been shut down and masked up for months now.

Just now, Mickey said:

...and your point is what? We know not everyone who gets this dies, or has life threatening issues or permanent medical problems. We know it is highly transmissible and that it can kill, hence the truck morgues and rising death toll. I don't know that there is any disagreement over that, we all know the numbers, about 150k dead and growing and millions who have recovered, some fully, some not. Therefore, ergo, what?

Please don't forget to post the link to the kid who went to daycare and spread it to 26 kids..if that happened i think  it is something that changes a lot of thoughts, including mine

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

oops, typo, 16, not 26

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/07/at-least-16-sick-after-coronavirus-exposure-at-dewitt-in-home-day-care-take-this-seriously-stay-home-if-sick-at-all.html

TY