14 Positives on Marlins

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

fixed

Its sort of the like the school reopening debate. The medical community generally, if not universally, supports the reopening posture. Yet, somehow, the teachers unions have framed the debate as reopening being against the advice of medical consensus, when that is not at all true.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mickey said:

You know, it is almost as if there is some sort of cause - effect relationship between a cavalier attitude about this disease and the rate of infection. Weird.

Crazy. But it's like some person said, if we test less we will have fewer positives so maybe the solution here is just not to test players anymore so we have no more positive results and baseball can continue. That's how this works right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

The NFL better do a bubble and start the season in October at this point.

I think 32 bubbles would work.  But I completely agree with you about starting the season in October.  I would want no part of playing a Florida team, a TX team, AZ, or ATL, among others right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

You know, it is almost as if there is some sort of cause - effect relationship between a cavalier attitude about this disease and the rate of infection. Weird.

Marlins have been on the road for at least 6 days, so most likely contracted it in PA...must admit not familiar with baseballs testing protocol..but assume it is at least every other day

Edited by plenzmd1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Marlins have been on the road for at least 6 days, most like contracted it in PA...must admit not familiar with baseballs testing protocol..but assume it is at least every other day

And it often takes two weeks to show up so no I don't think it was from this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

This is satire, right?

It's all fun and games until somebody has permanent lung scarring and a ruined career because of COVID contracted playing a sport with insufficient testing and prophylactic protocols.  Unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its sort of the like the school reopening debate. The medical community generally, if not universally, supports the reopening posture. Yet, somehow, the teachers unions have framed the debate as reopening being against the advice of medical consensus, when that is not at all true.  

Really? The medical community or the medical community that got told to rewrite all the guidelines a couple weeks ago or just the medical community on the channel you watch.

• Like (+1) 12

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Marlins have been on the road for at least 6 days, so most likely contracted it in PA...must admit not familiar with baseballs testing protocol..but assume it is at least every other day

Wrong. The incubation period is at least 3 days and as long as 14. More likely players were exposed much earlier than when in PA. 

It will also be interesting to see if one player was the index case or if several players were exposed at an event 

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think what's universal is that adults are the big spreaders to other adults.   Kids, especially under-13 have not proven to be spreaders in Europe, Asia and daycare's that have been open in America.  The latest advice is to keep teachers in pods, with the same group of kids.. and keep the adults away from each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I share that understanding.  You either have it or you don't. But it can take time for symptoms to manifest.  

Looks like MLB is testing every other day...who knows how fast they are getting results...but assume it is quicker then the rest of us schlubs. Based on that, they either acquired in GA or PA...my gut is on PA.

Wonder why these guys are not using the antigen test...15 minute results...on the bettermd site( urgent care place in Richmond) 96.8% accurate..i am sure there is more to it than i know however

• Like (+1) 1