2020 NFL top 100 - Josh Allen comes in at #87, Diggs #54, Tre White # 47

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Or if he’d have had a chance to convert either of the 2 additional chances he had after that—you know, if he didn’t have 2 guys in his face in less than 1 second.

But yeah, had he floated a perfect ball to Knox in double coverage with a guy in his face it would’ve been an awesome way to announce his arrival as a big name.

I maintain that I’d have gone for 2 and the win there too.

I was saying the same thing in the SB as it happened, go for 2 and take it down

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree every team runs everything. But teams still have base systems. The Bills base offense and the 49ers base offense are predicated on different things. 

He is the perfect McDermott player. That is why McDermott in his 1 year as an NFL GM made Tre White his first round pick. 

I feel like this could be something straight from McD: “Hey Tre, we love you. You are a great Buffalo Bill. But we haven’t accomplished anything yet. And you have just one year of all pro play. You have much to prove. I believe in you. Your best is ahead of you.”

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It goes both ways.  He is definitely overrated on this board for what he actually has produced.  

think about it.  How would feel if a sub 200 Passing yard/ game qb made it if he wasn’t on the Bills?  Hell, half the people trash Lamar Jackson after he won a MVP.

If it were limited to just that, you might have a point.  It's not.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I truly have no idea how many yards per game any of the QBs throw for and don’t really care tbh 

Same but it's just one part of the equation.  If all anyone focused on was his 206 passing yards/game, sure you'd say "why is he on that list?"  When you take into account other factors...

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Or if he’d have had a chance to convert either of the 2 additional chances he had after that—you know, if he didn’t have 2 guys in his face in less than 1 second.

But yeah, had he floated a perfect ball to Knox in double coverage with a guy in his face it would’ve been an awesome way to announce his arrival as a big name.

I maintain that I’d have gone for 2 and the win there too.

What play were you watching?  He had a clean pocket, and Knox was two yards behind the defense.  11:30 mark of the video.  That was a pretty routine throw, and he just airmailed it.  Other than that it was a fantastic drive.  With the game on the line and a chance to slay the dragon, that's a play that has to be made.  NE isn't going to roll over.

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so because allen isnt nearly as good as 2 of the top 5 players in the whole NFL(mahomes and wilson), he shouldnt be in the top 100. solid logic here.... and comparing offensive linemans one on one matchups to a qb dealing with a whole defense isnt the greatest argument. especially because he mentioned tunsil. Didnt hughes line up over him for his 3 sacks in the wildcard game?

this is nothing to get legitimately worked up over, but its sorta silly reasoning. Gotta agree with @GunnerBill. He just needs something to rant about during a quiet stretch.

I stopped listening  when he said josh is 6foot 6" 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

What play were you watching?  He had a clean pocket, and Knox was two yards behind the defense.  11:30 mark of the video.  That was a pretty routine throw, and he just airmailed it.  Other than that it was a fantastic drive.  With the game on the line and a chance to slay the dragon, that's a play that has to be made.  NE isn't going to roll over.

What? The EDGE rushers are both at his sides in 2 seconds...and Knox is double

covered with the back line as an extra defender. It’s hardly what I’d call the most difficult throw I’ve ever seen, but “pretty routine” is a definite overstatement.

Moreover, when you’ve got 2 more downs at your disposal, go ahead and throw it over the double and make sure you don’t throw a pick. Hope the big TE can make a play (as a separate thought, Knox didn’t seem to be prepared to make a play on the ball; he kind of ran through his route instead of turning to high point the ball, but that’s a different discussion), and if not assume that you will get something that resembles a block from any offensive lineman on either 3rd or 4th down. Unfortunately none of those things happened.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just watched the Josh Allen clip of his ranking. Probably already been said, but could they have picked a more nondescript collection of players to speak to Josh’s game? Nsekhe (biased) and Blake Cashman (Rookie)? Enlightening. Closest we got to anything interesting was the passing comment Myles Garrett made. ?‍♂️

Little low for tre IMO. Nothing to be ticked about or anything but I honestly thought he may crack the top 30. 

just hasn’t been playing at a true elite level long enough. He puts together another season similar to this last one and he’ll be there. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I truly have no idea how many yards per game any of the QBs throw for and don’t really care tbh 

Agreed. You can go all the way up the list to Jameis Winston, if you want. It's not really a useful metric.

There's more like a useful threshold that if you get over, you are probably good. It's around 200-220 yards. Less than that is not ideal, more than that doesn't mean a whole lot.

To me it comes down to points and turnovers. All other metrics pale in comparison for QB's.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Too low for Tre

I agree. He had a comparable season to Gilmore, but Gilmore is going to be way higher. Tre should be top 30, I think.

Edited by MJS