2020 NFL top 100 - Josh Allen comes in at #87, Diggs #54, Tre White # 47

5 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Again if what you're saying true why don't Watson,  Allen,  and Wilson run the navy option?

Are you saying Lamar would suck in Allen's offense?

I think Lamar Jackson is a better qb than Allen right now. I think people try to find ways to discredit him and all he does is produce.  I think he would be good on any team. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe we should run the navy option with Allen.

The Bill's are grooming Allen to play big boy qb. Not hide him. So no

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Lamar Jackson is a better qb than Allen right now. I think people try to find ways to discredit him and all he does is produce.  I think he would be good on any team. 

I think Lamar is a better qb right now in that system.  I  wouldn't try that philosophy on offense though if I was running a team...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Again I'm not discrediting him lol. I'm saying he IS DIFFERENT... the ravens may win a super bowl 

He averages less than 200 yards passing.  They are trying to hide him. 

Can you explain how passing yards equates to hiding a qb?

If Tommy Frazier throws for 300 yards

And Tom Brady throws for 180

Are they hiding brady

Just now, AirAllenPower said:

Again I'm not discrediting him lol. I'm saying he IS DIFFERENT... the ravens may win a super bowl 

Allen’s job is not to win football games.  It’s to not lose them.  He plays like Tyrod right now.  The numbers are eerily similar.  Now he is younger and maybe he can take the next step, but there haven’t been many examples of him being the main reason we won.

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Because that doesn't give their teams the best chance of winning right now?  Coaches want to keep their jobs and winning is the best way of doing that.  Harbaugh and Roman are getting that done.

Watson and Wilson have proved themselves as passers.  I think it's fair to say Josh has a way to go before hitting their QB tier.

But wait, Watson is a great athlete,  and running the navy option would create more man coverage,  the Texans might win more. Why don't they do that?

Allen’s job is not to win football games.  It’s to not lose them.  He plays like Tyrod right now.  The numbers are eerily similar.  Now he is younger and maybe he can take the next step, but there haven’t been many examples of him being the main reason we won.

If so why did Allen have many more pass attempts with the least amount of checkdowns in the league.  Why for example did Daboll call 20 straight passing attempts in many games.  Same with the playoffs... 

Kinda seems like they were grooming him to take over games and win with arm...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AirAllenPower said:

But wait, Watson is a great athlete,  and running the navy option would create more man coverage,  the Texans might win more. Why don't they do that?

That's where my "expertise" (lol) ends.  

Again, I'm not saying Lamar doesn't have work to do as a passer.  He does.  But pointing to the offense the Ravens tend to run as proof that he'll never take the next step in that area is not going to convince anybody who doesn't already have that opinion of him.

3 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

If Tommy Frazier throws for 300 yards

And Tom Brady throws for 180

Are they hiding brady

You are all over the place.  You are comparing Frazier’s college stats with Brady’s??? Frazier had 3,521 passing yards in 4 seasons at Nebraska.  

Brady averages 261.7 passing yards for his nfl career.  This point is crazy town.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tyrod Taylor was timid and a checkdown Charlie.  Allen had the least amount of checkdowns in the league.  They are literally the opposite.  Tyrod was actually best in the navy option concept like Lamar. Funny A guy Greg Roman agrees...

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

That's where my "expertise" (lol) ends.  

Again, I'm not saying Lamar doesn't have work to do as a passer.  He does.  But pointing to the offense the Ravens tend to run as proof that he'll never take the next step in that area is not going to convince anybody who doesn't already have that opinion of him.

If the ravens had that faith like the Bill's and Texans,  they wouldn't run the navy option risking injury to accentuate his athleticism 

Just now, AirAllenPower said:

Tyrod Taylor was timid and a checkdown Charlie.  Allen had the least amount of checkdowns in the league.  They are literally the opposite.  Tyrod was actually best in the navy option concept like Lamar. Funny A guy Greg Roman agrees...

What’s the end result??? Career yards per attempt:

Checkdown Tyrod 7 ypa 

can’t throw Lamar 7.6

Josh the Gunslinger 6.6

but he throws incompletions farther!

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You are all over the place.  You are comparing Frazier’s college stats with Brady’s??? Frazier had 3,521 passing yards in 4 seasons at Nebraska.  

Brady averages 261.7 passing yards for his nfl career.  This point is crazy town.

I'm asking you if Frazier had 300 yards in a game 

Brady has 180

Does it logically follow they are hiding brady?

Ypa are a stat about efficieny. In many respects it's a moot point but it depends on the context.  I'm waiting for you to answer my questions 

I've answered yours

Your “logic” is melting my brain.  

Maybe you should try a different system ....

Ypa are a stat about efficieny. In many respects it's a moot point but it depends on the context.  I'm waiting for you to answer my questions 

I've answered yours

Maybe you should try a different system ....

Your question about comparing a college qb who didn’t play in the nfl and averaged 300 yards passing a season in college against the all time best QBs in nfl history?

your logic is the same my ex used.  I love how every metric and stat says Lamar has been a better qb in every level than Allen yet you dismiss them all.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Your question about comparing a college qb who didn’t play in the nfl and averaged 300 yards passing a season in college against the all time best QBs in nfl history?

your logic is the same my ex used. 

I'm using it to help you understand systems... which you refuse to acknowledge  because it undermines your analysis 

The Bills clearly aren’t hiding Allen.  The reason his YPG aren’t where we want them to be is due to his inability to connect on the deep ball for most of the year and the WR talent around him.   

The Ravens tailored their Offense around Lamar Jackson running, his threat to run and passing over the middle.   

Lamar Jackson has, so far, shown to be a beast (until the playoffs) in that system.   It’s not ideal for QB longevity and we sure as hell shouldn’t be trying that with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If the ravens had that faith like the Bill's and Texans,  they wouldn't run the navy option risking injury to accentuate his athleticism 

And where did that faith get the Bills last year?  Another year without a banner and another year without a playoff win.

I have high hopes for Josh too.  I've seen some things that made my jaw drop.  But I've seen some dimes from Lamar too.  Will we see those kinds of things every game a la Rodgers, Wilson and co?  Maybe someday.  But I think both could do it.  That's more my point than anything else.  I won't read anything into Roman's play calling other than "don't fix it if it ain't broke."

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

And where did that faith get the Bills last year?  Another year without a banner and another year without a playoff win.

I have high hopes for Josh too.  I've seen some things that made my jaw drop.  But I've seen some dimes from Lamar too.  Will we see those kinds of things every game a la Rodgers, Wilson and co?  Maybe someday.  But I think both could do it.  That's more my point than anything else.  I won't read anything into Roman's play calling other than "don't fix it if it ain't broke."

If it weren't for one call,  the game might have been blow open for buffalo.  Another and hauschka is trying a gw  kick...

Regardless if you compare Allen to most star QBs in their 1st playoff experience,  hes ahead of the curve. Watson was horrific in his 1st game. Allen was inconsistent. 

2 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

I'm using it to help you understand systems... which you refuse to acknowledge  because it undermines your analysis 

Because you are conflating the argument.  Louisville was a very pro offense.  Allen averages 1 passing attempt more a game than Jackson.  

you talk about the Bills are slowly developing Allen.  How can say the Ravens aren’t doing the same with Lamar, who had worse receivers than Allen did last year?

Can I just say that calling Greg Roman's offense "the navy option" is incredibly disrespectful? It is one of the cleverest and most complex schemes in the NFL. Does it include some triple option plays? Yep. But the scheme is so much more than that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1