2020 NFL top 100 - Josh Allen comes in at #87, Diggs #54, Tre White # 47

On 7/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

its was a show.... that the players voted on.

but i'm sure his mom thinks the world of him as well.

Sounds like he is well liked because his passing ability certainly didn't qualify him for this list. His passing ability isn't even top 25 among just the QB's.

22 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

IMO Pat Mahomes at 4 might be the biggest snub on the list. 

Did he make the list? 

Then how is it a snub?    snub  /snəb/ rebuff, ignore, or spurn disdainfully.

Sure it's a bit insulting to put a featured Running QB above a real passing QB.  

But the HOT take is to praise Lamar and his athleticism because he rushed more.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did he make the list? 

Bro. Are you really giving the definition of snub? Use the context clues and I think you get what I’m saying. 

also don’t mistake me thinking mahomes got jipped as being the same as thinking Jackson didn’t deserve high praise. Jackson’s season was historic and he deserves any praise he gets.  It’s you and maybe like 2 other dudes that wanna die on that hill. 

20 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Bruce Nolan said on his podcast that the voting actually occurred last year around Thanksgiving.  So,  my theory about projection is not so good. It might be more about the plays he made in Dallas.  Lol.

I can see that. 

Players watching Cam in the Super Bowl: WTF Cam?

Players watching Allen on Thanksgiving: Holy S***!

I personally don't think Allen belongs on this list, and i am a huge Allen proponent. But I can see why players around the league respect his play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Bro. Are you really giving the definition of snub? Use the context clues and I think you get what I’m saying. 

also don’t mistake me thinking mahomes got jipped as being the same as thinking Jackson didn’t deserve high praise. Jackson’s season was historic and he deserves any praise he gets.  It’s you and maybe like 2 other dudes that wanna die on that hill. 

Yes, I am.  

A Snub is being left off of the list.

What is the criteria for the ranking?  THAT is what they thought the runner had a better overall athletic season. 

Did I say  I agreed with the rankings? 

Did I not indicate Mahomes is a QB and not a running QB. 

Apparently you missed the implication I made.

was it the stank or the nasty that lead you to your conclusion? 

• Sad 1

@Billl

Care to expound?   why the sad tags?

Are you one of the Lamar lovers?

Or a super Mahomes fan and also misread my posts?

Let me spell it out for those who have difficult reading 

Mahomes is 10 times the QB that Lamar RB Jackson is.  

This list is a crock of ***** with LJ being #1. 

I wasn't defending anyone, but trying to interject the Authors rationale for how the QB's were ranked. 

Only a lunatic would put LJ over PM

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Yes, I am.  

A Snub is being left off of the list.

What is the criteria for the ranking?  THAT is what they thought the runner had a better overall athletic season. 

Did I say  I agreed with the rankings? 

Did I not indicate Mahomes is a QB and not a running QB. 

Apparently you missed the implication I made.

was it the stank or the nasty that lead you to your conclusion? 

For clarity, do you consider Josh Allen a running qb? 

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did he make the list? 

Why rip on Lamar when our very own QB is a rushing machine? Allen at his best has ever only been matched by Vick and Jackson. I pointed out last off-season a couple times how Allen' six game stretch of rushing numbers after coming back from injury last year were only possibly matched by one such stretch that Mike Vick had with the Falcons. Since then, Lamar put together a six game stretch that was better than both Vick's and Allen's. But still, Allen is literally one of the best to ever do it when he is rolling. 

Allen is second to only Cam Newton in total rushing TD's in a players first two seasons

Allen is the only player in NFL history to rush for 8 or more TD's in a season while having a YPR greater than 7.0

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Is you two can not tell the difference between a passing QB who runs and and a running QB that passes..

It is not worth discussing.  call it a cop out. but you refuse to accept my opinion  and leave it at that. 

Which one is the running QB? Is it the guy who led the league in TD passes or the one who has been dead last in completion percentage both years he’s been in the league?

• Sad 1

I was surprised Allen is on the list because he’s a Bills player and we get no love. Perfect example is Tre at 47and Gilmore at 9. Lol. Based on last years season you could easily make arguments for both of them being the top CBS in the league if you watched them both play and not just listened to the media drool over Gilmore. Glad we got Tre, it took him 3 years to get to that level and he has a long career left. 

As far as Allen goes his play was pretty consistent after the bye, cutting the INTs out made a big difference. What I think helps him get into the top 100 is leadership and his play in the 4th quarter. What was it 5 game winning drives to lead the league in that category? He also put us up in Cleveland late in the game before Baker drove them down the field. But he bounced back and put us in FG range which didn’t pan out. He also drove them down the field against NE and Bal only to come up short. They all don’t go your way fellas. Having a guy who can move the ball during those moments is mportant. He also did this with no real #1 WR, a rookie TE, a rookie RB and old man Gore.  In my opinion 87 is a good spot for Josh. 

I also think Poyer and Hyde deserve to be on the list. Those guys do a hell of a job week in week out and get very little credit from around the league. 

Edited by BananaB

On 7/28/2020 at 7:21 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

and now we hate cowherd again. ? 

That didn’t take long

To be fair, Colin’s argument seems perfectly reasonable for August of 2020. His AFC QB ranking is fine as well, though I would have put Allen at #4 ahead of Big Ben at this point in their careers (or ahead of Tannehill, in the case of the player-voted ranking) and right behind Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson. Mr. Cowherd has never been one to be overly enamored with elite physical skills, but he does at least have some respect for Allen and his potential.

I, meanwhile, LOVE Josh Allen so much and my reasons go beyond his ability to throw a football over them mountains. It’s partly the way he treats his teammates, his love for the beautiful citizens of Buffalo, his love for the sport of football, and his work ethic. It’s partly his boyish good looks situated on a total hunk of a man’s body. But what puts him over the top for me is the way he is willing to put his body on the line, like a running back, in order to will the team to victory. I’m thinking back to the watershed Dallas Thanksgiving game and recalling the 4th and 1 QB sneak in the 2nd quarter with the botched handoff. The rest of the players in the NFL were at home watching that game. They noticed that play and probably had it in their heads when voting for Josh at #87. To quote Adam Schein, “that’s MY GUY.”

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2020 at 1:24 PM, Billl said:

Which one is the running QB? Is it the guy who led the league in TD passes or the one who has been dead last in completion percentage both years he’s been in the league?

The one who has to run the navy option to hide his weaknesses as a thrower along with the inability to read defenses...

Lamar Jackson is a better version of Tommy Frazier or Scott Frost

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

To be fair, Colin’s argument seems perfectly reasonable for August of 2020. His AFC QB ranking is fine as well, though I would have put Allen at #4 ahead of Big Ben at this point in their careers (or ahead of Tannehill, in the case of the player-voted ranking) and right behind Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson. Mr. Cowherd has never been one to be overly enamored with elite physical skills, but he does at least have some respect for Allen and his potential.

I, meanwhile, LOVE Josh Allen so much and my reasons go beyond his ability to throw a football over them mountains. It’s partly the way he treats his teammates, his love for the beautiful citizens of Buffalo, his love for the sport of football, and his work ethic. It’s partly his boyish good looks situated on a total hunk of a man’s body. But what puts him over the top for me is the way he is willing to put his body on the line, like a running back, in order to will the team to victory. I’m thinking back to the watershed Dallas Thanksgiving game and recalling the 4th and 1 QB sneak in the 2nd quarter with the botched handoff. The rest of the players in the NFL were at home watching that game. They noticed that play and probably had it in their heads when voting for Josh at #87. To quote Adam Schein, “that’s MY GUY.”

Much like Elway , because Allen's DNA is too play off schedule hero ball, I suspect he will never be the highest rated qb, but will have the most success. 

Hes never gonna be Drew Brees or Montana.  His floor right now at the very least is Steve McNair 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

The one who has to run the navy option to hide his weaknesses as a thrower along with the inability to read defenses...

Lamar Jackson is a better version of Tommy Frazier or Scott Frost

Awful, embarrassing take.  What is Allen if Jackson is a better version of Tommy Frazier or Frost?  Tanner Lee?

18 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Much like Elway , because Allen's DNA is too play off schedule hero ball, I suspect he will never be the highest rated qb, but will have the most success. 

Hes never gonna be Drew Brees or Montana.  His floor right now at the very least is Steve McNair 

Haha. Heisman trophy winner and MVP Jackson equals Tommy Frazier or Frost. 

56% passing Josh Allen is John Elway, who’s floor is McNair, a former MVP.  While I love cross racial comparisons, this is an insane take. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Awful, embarrassing take.  What is Allen if Jackson is a better version of Tommy Frazier or Frost?  Tanner Lee?

56% passing Josh Allen is John Elway, who’s floor is McNair, a former MVP.  While I love cross racial comparisons, this is an insane take. 

Why do you care?  Are you a Bills fan or a Ravens fan?  Do you have some interest in seeing Jackson succeed and Allen fail?

And do you realize that Jackson was a 57% passer in college?  Last year in the NFL he was 66%. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If it's so off why did he run the navy option ? Hes great in that offense. He ran for over 1200 yards , a vast majority of which was run designed. 

Josh Allen is actually already ahead of McNair if you look at their 2nd years.