2020 NFL top 100 - Josh Allen comes in at #87, Diggs #54, Tre White # 47

1 hour ago, Billl said:

To be clear, I’m not saying he’s fragile.  I’m saying he gets hurt a lot

Not in the pros he doesn't.  One freak hit on his elbow, and a head-knocker.  I'm going to continue to ignore what happened in college and focus on recent history.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Not in the pros he doesn't.  One freak hit on his elbow, and a head-knocker.  I'm going to continue to ignore what happened in college and focus on recent history.

Why would you discount his injury history in college when considering whether or not he’s injury prone?  He missed nearly 50% of his games due to injuries at Wyoming.  That makes no sense whatsoever.  Did Tua suddenly become Cal Ripken the day he was drafted?

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Why would you discount his injury history in college when considering whether or not he’s injury prone?  He missed nearly 50% of his games due to injuries at Wyoming.  That makes no sense whatsoever.  Did Tua suddenly become Cal Ripken the day he was drafted?

Ridiculous comparison.  Tua hasn't played a down of football since his injury.  I think 2+ years of a predominantly healthy NFL history supports my opinion concerning Josh Allen.

40 minutes ago, eball said:

Ridiculous comparison.  Tua hasn't played a down of football since his injury.  I think 2+ years of a predominantly healthy NFL history supports my opinion concerning Josh Allen.

I still can't get that image out of my head of Allen getting plowed by Cunningham in OT, when 55 Bills players missed a block.

Point is, if Allen keeps taking those unnecessary hits, how long is he really going to last?

1 hour ago, eball said:

In 30 games as the team’s #1 he’s been knocked out of 2 games and missed 4 games completely due to injury.  Ironman

28 minutes ago, Billl said:

In 30 games as the team’s #1 he’s been knocked out of 2 games and missed 4 games completely due to injury.  Ironman

Not sure what your agenda is, but calling Allen injury prone in the NFL is inaccurate.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

I still can't get that image out of my head of Allen getting plowed by Cunningham in OT, when 55 Bills players missed a block.

Point is, if Allen keeps taking those unnecessary hits, how long is he really going to last?

One injury was in the pocket and the other was on a scramble. I feel like QB's get injured in the pocket all the time. So I don't have any problem with Allen running as long as he continues to look for ways to avoid bad hits.

It's football. Injuries happen. Tom Brady missed a year and he is not mobile and excellent at protecting himself. Stuff happens.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/26/2020 at 8:52 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait.

They honestly put Josh Allen in the top 100?

As one of the biggest Allen homers here I gotta say I'm a bit surprised.

But it's players voting. That tells you they look at him as a tough out, that's for sure.

Same here. I'm huge Allen supporter and pretty surprised he made this list. I think the media way underrates his athletic ability. He's a better athlete than Newton. In my mind, this early in his career only Vick and Lamar have done more with their legs at the position than Allen. With as many athletic QB's as their have been in the NFL over the years that really means something. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This list is just bizarre this year.

It's actually all over the map.

Lamar Jackson is #1, which makes some sense if you're talking only 2019...

but...

Todd Gurley is #51. Todd Gurley was NOT GOOD last year. 857 yards rushing at 3.8 YPA? Hell Devin Singletary had 775 yards at 5.1 YPA and he didn't crack the top 100.

And then there's Josh at #87, which seems to me like a year too early for him to crack into the top 100. I guess maybe because it's the players voting they're looking at things like how much they have to prepare for that other guy and how competitive he is. But as far as production I don't see how he made it in 2019.

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

Right.  That image does persist.  I wanted to see an All 22 clip of that play.  It seemed like it had huge potential to maybe even score.

As for taking the big hit, that play was very unusual in that there was no time for Josh  to react to a totally unexpected, whiff of a block so close to him.  

Knox ran by it and Morse? was there too late.  To me that was the biggest "if only" offensive play of the day but it was in no way similar to any other hit he has ever taken before.  A hit akin to a sucker punch that Josh ran into.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This list is just bizarre this year.

It's actually all over the map.

Lamar Jackson is #1, which makes some sense if you're talking only 2019...

but...

Todd Gurley is #51. Todd Gurley was NOT GOOD last year. 857 yards rushing at 3.8 YPA? Hell Devin Singletary had 775 yards at 5.1 YPA and he didn't crack the top 100.

And then there's Josh at #87, which seems to me like a year too early for him to crack into the top 100. I guess maybe because it's the players voting they're looking at things like how much they have to prepare for that other guy and how competitive he is. But as far as production I don't see how he made it in 2019.

It may be a projection over production issue.  Some feeling around the league that Josh is going to have a big 2020 and maybe what Diggs will do for the offense.

If it was totally based on 2019 results it would be less interesting.  It is the top 100 of 2020 not 2019.

57 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

It may be a projection over production issue.  Some feeling around the league that Josh is going to have a big 2020 and maybe what Diggs will do for the offense.

If it was totally based on 2019 results it would be less interesting.  It is the top 100 of 2020 not 2019.

I think more likely since it's open-ended, you get some voters projecting 2020, some voting strictly based off 2019, and others simply voting for friends, teammates, etc. That's how you end up with guys that were injured last year but are still considered elite players (Big Ben & Adam Thielen for example) not making the list, guys like Larry Fitzgerald making the list, and guys like Kenny Golladay not making it.

Also probably how Lamar ends up #1; he was the MVP of 2019 so he gets votes based strictly off 2019 and he's also just insanely popular around the league so he gets the votes from guys that are just voting for friends and stuff. And how guys like Wentz end up not being on the list due to even his own teammates not necessarily supporting him.

Edited by DCOrange

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I think more likely since it's open-ended, you get some voters projecting 2020, some voting strictly based off 2019, and others simply voting for friends, teammates, etc. That's how you end up with guys that were injured last year but are still considered elite players (Big Ben & Adam Thielen for example) not making the list, guys like Larry Fitzgerald making the list, and guys like Kenny Golladay not making it.

Also probably how Lamar ends up #1; he was the MVP of 2019 so he gets votes based strictly off 2019 and he's also just insanely popular around the league so he gets the votes from guys that are just voting for friends and stuff. And how guys like Wentz end up not being on the list due to even his own teammates not necessarily supporting him.

I think people are simply overestimating how seriously players take stuff like this.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Bruce Nolan said on his podcast that the voting actually occurred last year around Thanksgiving.  So,  my theory about projection is not so good. It might be more about the plays he made in Dallas.  Lol.

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

How does that explain Gurley at 51?