2020 NFL top 100 - Josh Allen comes in at #87, Diggs #54, Tre White # 47

Now that we know who the top 10 is, it looks like this is how our guys were ranked by position:

• Allen: #12 QB behind: Lamar (top 10), Mahomes (top 10), Wilson (top 10), Brees (#12), Brady (#14), Rodgers (#16), Watson (#20), Garoppolo (#43), Dak (#46), Cousins (#58), and Tannehill (#68)
  • Tre: #4 CB, behind: Gilmore (top 10), Sherman (#28), and Ramsey (#37)
  • Diggs: #8 WR behind: Thomas (top 10), Hopkins (top 10), Julio (#11), Hill (#22), Evans (#30), Godwin (#38), and Amari (#49)
Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Now that we know who the top 10 is, it looks like this is how our guys were ranked by position:

• Allen: #12 QB behind: Lamar (top 10), Mahomes (top 10), Wilson (top 10), Brees (#12), Brady (#14), Rodgers (#16), Watson (#20), Garoppolo (#43), Dak (#46), Cousins (#58), and Tannehill (#68)
  • Diggs: #8 WR behind: Thomas (top 10), Hopkins (top 10), Julio (#11), Hill (#22), Evans (#30), Godwin (#38), and Amari (#49)

Way to much space between Gilmore and Tre.   Eagles fans are pissed Wentz didn't make it and Josh and Kyle did. 

9 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Way to much space between Gilmore and Tre.   Eagles fans are pissed Wentz didn't make it and Josh and Kyle did. 

With good reason lol. Wentz and Golladay gotta be among the biggest snubs.

10 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Wentz is better than Allen.  He is made out of glass though. 

Just now, DCOrange said:

The far majority of players would make terrible GMs.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wentz is better than Allen.  He is made out of glass though. 

The far majority of players would make terrible GMs.

Right, it's nice Josh got recognition,  but this isn't exactly the be all/end all of who's who.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I feel like players put an emphasis on toughness, and Wentz being injured so much matters a ton to them.  Conversely, I think players respect Josh’s willingness to run in the open field.  It goes back to the idea that he’s a better “football player” than he is a QB.  Nobody really believes he’s a better QB than Wentz when both are healthy, and both are injury prone (albeit for different reasons).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I think 12th best QB in the league is a little generous to Allen but in the right ballpark. 

4th best CB is harsh on White. I think it is Gilmore, White and Ramsey as the 1,2,3.... Sherman was a nice bounce back story but he is about the 10th best corner at this point.

8th best WR is about right for Diggs. I said in the recent thread about those top 10 lists that I thought he was somewhere between 8th and 12th and Iean more towards 8th or 9th. 

34 minutes ago, Billl said:

I feel like players put an emphasis on toughness, and Wentz being injured so much matters a ton to them.  Conversely, I think players respect Josh’s willingness to run in the open field.  It goes back to the idea that he’s a better “football player” than he is a QB.  Nobody really believes he’s a better QB than Wentz when both are healthy, and both are injury prone (albeit for different reasons).

Wentz is also not universally popular in his own lockerroom. That plays into it. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Billl said:

and both are injury prone

Josh is injury prone?  He got hurt once in his rookie season and missed a few games.  Now if you say his style of play puts him at risk to take more hits I'll buy that, but injury prone is not accurate.

40 minutes ago, Billl said:

I will say this.  For as much as criticism Allen, it has zero to do with his toughness.  He definitely is a guy you would want to go war with.  Basically, he the exact opposite of Orton the Coward.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Josh is injury prone?  He got hurt once in his rookie season and missed a few games.  Now if you say his style of play puts him at risk to take more hits I'll buy that, but injury prone is not accurate.

Yeah, I won’t say injury prone yet.  But it’s like With Cam and Big Ben.  These guys fight to make every play great but ultimately, no matter how big and bad you are, those hits add up.  

It sucks because you don’t want to coach the warrior part out of them but you won’t last in the league with that style.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think 12th best QB in the league is a little generous to Allen but in the right ballpark. 

Yeah, probably a little high but you can make a case either way.

4th best CB is harsh on White. I think it is Gilmore, White and Ramsey as the 1,2,3.... Sherman was a nice bounce back story but he is about the 10th best corner at this point.

Agree. He was playing well until the second half of the Super Bowl. 

8th best WR is about right for Diggs. I said in the recent thread about those top 10 lists that I thought he was somewhere between 8th and 12th and Iean more towards 8th or 9th. 

Top-10 for sure. ;)

30 minutes ago, eball said:

He missed the 2015 season after breaking his collar bone on the 4th play of the season.  He missed multiple games in 2017 with a shoulder injury.  He missed multiple games due to injury his rookie season, and he got knocked out of a game last year.

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wentz is also not universally popular in his own lockerroom. That plays into it. 

i agree 12th is a bit generous and i'm a pretty big allen guy around here. i dont think its outrageous though, as i have had him pegged in the 14-18 range for any given sunday since about midseason of last year.

White definitely should have been in the top 3 corners IMO. but some of this voting is a reputation thing. he puts together another elite season and thats where he'll be.

was pleasantly surprised to see diggs land in the top 10 on the list. It's clear the guy didnt get nearly the respect from the media he deserves over the last couple of years. I think that was just due to his situation and scheme but once you watch the highlights his hands are just, WOW..... Adam schein just posted an article yesterday listing his top wr's and Diggs came in at 9.

Pretty cool seeing our team with these sorts of ascending talents. I 100% expect Edmunds to make next years list as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Billl said:

He missed the 2015 season after breaking his collar bone on the 4th play of the season.  He missed multiple games in 2017 with a shoulder injury.  He missed multiple games due to injury his rookie season, and he got knocked out of a game last year.

During his PRO career Josh has missed 4 games (2018) and a quarter (2019).  Basically, over his last 23 games he only missed the 4th quarter of the first NE*** game.  I don't call that injury prone for an NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Josh Allen at 87!!! LOL!!! Who wrote this article? His mother? He's not even top 20 at his position. Too funny.

its was a show.... that the players voted on.

but i'm sure his mom thinks the world of him as well.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

and now we hate cowherd again. ? 

That didn’t take long

Cowherd is exactly right. Josh Allen isn't even a top 200 player. Heck, he may not even be a top 400 player. He isn't even good yet. There are like 25 QB's in the NFL better than Allen. Why can't Bills fans simply regard this guy objectively and honestly? Some writer even suggested Allen as an MVP candidate! I mean the guy's 1st responsibility is passing the football and he can't even do that very well.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

During his PRO career Josh has missed 4 games (2018) and a quarter (2019).  Basically, over his last 23 games he only missed the 4th quarter of the first NE*** game.  I don't call that injury prone for an NFL QB.

He’s started 26 games (not counting week 17 last season).  He’s been knocked out of 2 and missed 4 more due to injury.  That’s 30 games he’s been top of the depth chart, and he’s either missed or been knocked out of 6.  Add that to the 17 games he missed in college , and he qualifies as injury prone to me.  You’re welcome to disagree.

To be clear, I’m not saying he’s fragile.  I’m saying he gets hurt a lot.  His style of play lends itself to injury.  He’s not a guy who slides around in the pocket and makes quick reads.  He’s a max effort, play with reckless abandon QB.  That’s his game, and he has to play that way to be effective at this point in his career.  In 5 seasons at Wyoming and in Buffalo, he’s had one injury that cost him an entire season, 2 that cost him 4+ games each, and a fourth that caused him to leave a game with a concussion.