2020 NFL top 100 - Josh Allen comes in at #87, Diggs #54, Tre White # 47

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sick burn bro 

He was 208 last year.  But you can’t put down Jackson and prop up Allen at this point.  It’s kinda insane.  

but I do agree with you that this has to be good for Allen’s confidence even if it means very little in reality. 

I'm definitely not putting down Jackson; I have always felt Jackson and Allen would be the best of the bunch and were the two who were judged the harshest coming in.  I don't understand why you always have to take the narrative to a Jackson vs Allen.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

30 TDs, 10 wins, most game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks, one of top passers under 20 yards, etc.  

While:  Being his 2nd season, working with a messy WR group, most drops in NFL, 9 new starters on offense, running one of most complicated offenses in NFL, multiple rookie starters around him, a trio of WRs averaging 5’10”, and pass protection that often broke down.

I don’t think he’s over rated...his biggest Achilles heal was the deep ball, and that vastly improved down the stretch and now has a whole off season commutes to improving it.

Calling it out now:  Josh Allen will finish the 2020 season as a top 10 QB.  

Honest question: if we had Andy Dalton (I’d out as the cutoff as an average NFL starter), what do you think our record would have been last year?

and I hope you are right about the top 10 qb but I think you might be a tad optimistic.  But I will be pleasantly shocked and happy.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

30 TDs, 10 wins, most game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks, one of top passers under 20 yards, etc.  

While:  Being his 2nd season, working with a messy WR group, most drops in NFL, 9 new starters on offense, running one of most complicated offenses in NFL, multiple rookie starters around him, a trio of WRs averaging 5’10”, and pass protection that often broke down.

I don’t think he’s over rated...his biggest Achilles heal was the deep ball, and that vastly improved down the stretch and now has a whole off season commutes to improving it.

Calling it out now:  Josh Allen will finish the 2020 season as a top 10 QB.  

And C.Biscuit's point is the board has at times treated him like he already is while trashing guys who have already been top 10 QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I'm definitely not putting down Jackson; I have always felt Jackson and Allen would be the best of the bunch and were the two who were judged the harshest coming in.  I don't understand why you always have to take the narrative to a Jackson vs Allen.  

Then it wasn’t direct at you.  It was more of a narrative of a lot of these posters on these boards.

what I think is Bills fans will look for flaws in other QBs (which I understand), while ignoring their own QBs’ flaws. 

and for the record, I had Jackson and Allen tied as prospects when they came out.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

running one of most complicated offenses in NFL

What are you basing this assesment on? Honest question. I am not implying otherwise, I am just a random Bills fan from Europe completely unable to recognize which offense is how complicated (I am actually contemplating starting a thread with my silly questions about things in football I still don't understand).

Is this some kind of universal view or your opinion? I remember discussion with another local fan of 49ers who insisted that Shanahan is running really complicated offense which Jimmy G. is able to master but Josh has no chance to execute and he also claimed that Bills run simple offense tailored to Allen.

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It goes both ways.  He is definitely overrated on this board for what he actually has produced.  

think about it.  How would feel if a sub 200 Passing yard/ game qb made it if he wasn’t on the Bills?  Hell, half the people trash Lamar Jackson after he won a MVP.

Not everything is yards, although that is mostly how production is measured for the QB Job, however if you remove your blinders (I know, I know, just the opposite type than the ones I am wearing ?) and care enough to see the summary they played ab´ him in the top 100, you´ll find out that gem of the dropped ball, picked up ball and jump over ten players in order to get the first down, in the TG Game at DallASS... that counts only as half a yard, however that play it was THE WHOLE GAME for many, at least for me... c´mon man! just give some credit (and keep your love, for yourself) to a guy you´ll see in the good boys side for at least a decade f everything goes as planned... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Then it wasn’t direct at you.  It was more of a narrative of a lot of these posters on these boards.

what I think is Bills fans will look for flaws in other QBs (which I understand), while ignoring their own QBs’ flaws. 

From what I have noticed, the majority of the Allen-homers (myself included if you will) do acknowledge his flaws and where he needs to improve particularly deep ball precision and decision making.  They are just more overt in the positive aspects in his game because yes he is the Buffalo QB, and there is a sense of pride in defending what is yours which is part of the DNA of being a fan of your team.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We got one of the best QBs in that draft, and nobody saw it coming. On that note, I don’t think anyone could have predicted Lamar blossoming so fast, especially when they had what seemed like an established QB in front of him. The ravens have done everything they need to do in order for him to flourish in their system. He’s the best of the class until he isn’t, but Josh is right behind him.

Josh wasn’t supposed to start when he did, and was thrust into a pretty rough situation for his rookie year. He did what he could, and took the lessons he learned for the most part into making strides in 2019. Nobody expected Josh to do what he did, and we are now finally doing what the Ravens did right out the gate to get Josh everything he needs to succeed. I don’t mind if it takes him a little longer to develop given how poorly equipped he was for year 1.

i expect him to make strides this season as well. We got him better running backs, better wide receivers, and kept the line in tact to grow and protect him. We have a GM and coach who seem to get what it means to build a team and put us in a position to win. We went from being the joke of the AFCE to wild card team in one year, and now we may take the division if things keep following the current trajectory. He has the respect of the locker room, and he’s being respected in other locker rooms too now. 

I think we finally found our QB guys. Hard to believe, but he might be the one.

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

From what I have noticed, the majority of the Allen-homers (myself included if you will) do acknowledge his flaws and where he needs to improve particularly deep ball precision and decision making.  They are just more overt in the positive aspects in his game because yes he is the Buffalo QB, and there is a sense of pride in defending what is yours which is part of the DNA of being a fan of your team.  

And trust me, I get it.  I used to do the same thing with EJ, JP, and Trent.  I’ve tried taking a more realistic view of the situation after that.  It’s just weird that people become so angry when you dare go against Allen.  

what I’ve always said is that I worry he has never really consistently taken over a game.  He’s had flashes but even all the way back to college, he’s never been flat out dominant and think pretty much every good qb has those games.  I think a lot of the Allen hope is being a fan and projection.  

but this is a good thing.  And I definitely probably serves a confidence boost.  And one thing I will never question is Allen work ethic and heart.  I hope he become a passer that some of you think he can.  I’m dubious. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

Not everything is yards, although that is mostly how production is measured for the QB Job, however if you remove your blinders (I know, I know, just the opposite type than the ones I am wearing ?) and care enough to see the summary they played ab´ him in the top 100, you´ll find out that gem of the dropped ball, picked up ball and jump over ten players in order to get the first down, in the TG Game at DallASS... that counts only as half a yard, however that play it was THE WHOLE GAME for many, at least for me... c´mon man! just give some credit (and keep your love, for yourself) to a guy you´ll see in the good boys side for at least a decade f everything goes as planned... 

fair enough 

• Like (+1) 1

oh look. Biscuit97 comes into an Allen thread that has something positive to it and tells us all how overrated said topic is. SHOCKING..... in other news, the sky is blue and water is wet!

i'm left here wondering how a QB that was destined to fail because of his lack of small school dominance could ever be voted to such a list by his professional peers. maybe biscuit could explain that to us all.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And trust me, I get it.  I used to do the same thing with EJ, JP, and Trent.  I’ve tried taking a more realistic view of the situation after that.  It’s just weird that people become so angry when you dare go against Allen.  

what I’ve always said is that I worry he has never really consistently taken over a game.  He’s had flashes but even all the way back to college, he’s never been flat out dominant and think pretty much every good qb has those games.  I think a lot of the Allen hope is being a fan and projection.  

but this is a good thing.  And I definitely probably serves a confidence boost.  And one thing I will never question is Allen work ethic and heart.  I hope he become a passer that some of you think he can.  I’m dubious. 

fair enough 

I think the Dallas game, he was pretty close to dominant.. but then we jumped out to a huge lead and with our defense and coaching philosophy, basically ran the clock out.

First half Texans he showed dominance before the team fell apart, ultimately culminating with him doing the same.  

I'd agree that there's another step he needs to take, and being a dominating force for a full game is part of that, but he does seem to have it in him - he just needs to unlock it.  Let's hope Year 3 is where he finds that key.

Edited by SCBills

A bit too low, but right range.

IMO he should be higher for the simple fact that no other player came even close to scoring as high a percentage of his teams TDs while contributing such a significant percentage of their offensive yardage and first downs.

The entire Bills’ roster sans Allen scored 6 TDs all year...and only one of those (the trick play TD on thanksgiving) came in the final 8 regular season games.

A lot of people lose sight of just how exclusively he’s carried that offense for 2 years.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think the Dallas game, he was pretty close to dominant.. but then we jumped out to a huge lead and with our defense and coaching philosophy, basically ran the clock out.

First half Texans he showed dominance before the team fell apart, ultimately culminating with him doing the same.  

I'd agree that there's another step he needs to take, and being a dominating force for a full game is part of that, but he does seem to have it in him - he just needs to unlock it.  Let's hope Year 3 is where he finds that key.

Dominant is a strong word for the Dallas game (lots of qbs have that type again) but I do agree it was his best all around game from start to finish.  

and I think the Houston game sums up Allen so far.  I was never more impressed with him than in the first half.  I was looking into KC trips.  But then the second half happened.  And that’s the pause on him.  

I love his attitude but realistically, he’s been an inconsistent qb on every level.  I struggle to see how that improves at the highest level.  And I also believe he can be a much better qb with less fourth quarter comebacks this year (its so overrated in this board) but being consistent through 3 quarters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sick burn bro 

He was 208 last year.  But you can’t put down Jackson and prop up Allen at this point.  It’s kinda insane.  

but I do agree with you that this has to be good for Allen’s confidence even if it means very little in reality. 

I never put down Jackson. The guy won games.

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dominant is a strong word for the Dallas game (lots of qbs have that type again) but I do agree it was his best all around game from start to finish.  

and I think the Houston game sums up Allen so far.  I was never more impressed with him than in the first half.  I was looking into KC trips.  But then the second half happened.  And that’s the pause on him.  

I love his attitude but realistically, he’s been an inconsistent qb on every level.  I struggle to see how that improves at the highest level.  And I also believe he can be a much better qb with less fourth quarter comebacks this year (its so overrated in this board) but being consistent through 3 quarters. 

Don't struggle too hard, he already did from 2018 to 2019