2020 NFL top 100 - Josh Allen comes in at #87, Diggs #54, Tre White # 47

Some people on Twitter are posting highlights (lowlights) of Josh Allen throws that were dropped this past year to point out the flaw in analytics and my goodness, i am getting so heated watching some of these absolute dimes that were dropped. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Some people on Twitter are posting highlights (lowlights) of Josh Allen throws that were dropped this past year to point out the flaw in analytics and my goodness, i am getting so heated watching some of these absolute dimes that were dropped. 

Yeah saw that on here.

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/153050-josh-allen-ranked-87th-best-player-in-the-nfl/

Last year apparently equaling Allen's first throw in 2018 preseason against Carolina.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Twitter is going ballistic right now over Allen. It’s like a toddler throw a tantrum just stomping and shaking their head. 

I honestly will never understand the hate for dude that keeps a relatively low profile in a small market. It’s odd 

It's all the football "know nothing's" who tell us how bad Josh is.

Pay no mind to it whatsoever.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah saw that on here.

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/153050-josh-allen-ranked-87th-best-player-in-the-nfl/

Last year apparently equaling Allen's first throw in 2018 preseason against Carolina.

Oh, this is actually pretty funny.    I’m talking about people responding to the analytics crowd showing brutal drops.    One play Allen evades pressure, rolls left, throws a dime 40 yards off his back foot and Knox just mangles it.   I had forgotten how often that happened this past year.  

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I think a lot of the fans of QB purgatory teams are trashing him.

Also, that highlight (lowlight) reel you posted................

How stupid is the organizer of that post?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I think a lot of the fans of QB purgatory teams are trashing him.

Especially Jets fans. They should know better having seen him play more. Dolphins and even Patriots fans have at least a little respect for him.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Especially Jets fans. They should know better having seen him play more. Dolphins and even Patriots fans have at least a little respect for him.

Those would be extremely salty tears from Jet fans. They love criticizing Allen yet are blind to Darnold's deficiencies, and Gase isn't the only reason for it either. Not sure what to think about Allen being ranked in the top 100. I believe Jet fans know Darnold won't be in the ranking at all, so that's another reason to throw shade at Allen. This rivalry is gonna turn ugly in a hurry, especially if Allen improves this year. But before he does that, I sincerely hope some retribution is in order for Harry Anderson. I haven't forgotten that scumbag move he made on Allen cutting his legs out from under him from behind

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’d be surprised to see anyone other than Diggs and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they snubbed Tre. Times are a changing but I still don’t think we get love as having any top players. 

Hyde was in the 60s as a Bill in 2018,so he's a virtual lock. Same with White, you don't get 1st team All Pro at a high profile position and not get on the top 100

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

D.K. Metcalf is 81?

In the latter half of the season he was becoming a massive threat, it's a bit high but with recent games in mind, it doesn't surprise me 

47 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Those would be extremely salty tears from Jet fans. They love criticizing Allen yet are blind to Darnold's deficiencies, and Gase isn't the only reason for it either. Not sure what to think about Allen being ranked in the top 100. I believe Jet fans know Darnold won't be in the ranking at all, so that's another reason to throw shade at Allen. This rivalry is gonna turn ugly in a hurry, especially if Allen improves this year. But before he does that, I sincerely hope some retribution is in order for Harry Anderson. I haven't forgotten that scumbag move he made on Allen cutting his legs out from under him from behind

And he's the one who hurt Hauschka with a cheap shot too, isn't he? Very dirty player.

Honestly I think Darnold has shown he is a decent QB at least. Their offense was putrid without him. Just horrible. They didn't have much help around him.

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

I can’t help but think about Diggs calling Josh Allen “a dawg” when asked about playing with him.  

Game recognize game.  

Players aren’t out here evaluating other guys in the league based on draft concerns and whatever analytics fit their confirmation bias. 

Will be interesting to see what other QBs are voted top 100. 

I personally think he’s a corrected deep ball away from being an absolute monster. 

Agreed. Don't forget Zeke Elliott calling Allen a beast as well for whatever that's worth...players around the league clearly have a much higher opinion of JA than many of the national experts. 

You just don't see many QBs make plays like the hurdle of Anthony Barr, the 4th-and-1 play vs Dallas, etc. 

3 hours ago, MJS said:

And he's the one who hurt Hauschka with a cheap shot too, isn't he? Very dirty player.

Honestly I think Darnold has shown he is a decent QB at least. Their offense was putrid without him. Just horrible. They didn't have much help around him.

Up there for the 'Dirtiest Player in the NFL' superlative in my opinion (Burfict/Taylor Lewan/Myles Garrett are in the mix as well). Has a documented history of these types of plays against many teams, not just us. 

Would be interested to hear what any Jets fans on here have to say about him. 

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The huge divide between the positives I hear actual former qb’s and former/current players say about him compared to the media and analytics crowd is just so crazy to me. 

That Big Bang you may have just heard was the analytics departments collective heads exploding. 

He passes the eyeball test not only does he look the part(Central Casting in Hollywood Prototype) he is a natural leader and loves playing the game.

I think the haters are just jealous and don`t like being wrong with all the crap they have said about him.

We have a bright future if this young man can stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 2