Covid reserve list transaction wire

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Really hope nobody round here owns stock in that lab...

They are an enormous reference lab - I mean absolutely huge.  They are doing most of the NYS non symptomatic testing (and many other states also) as they have agreements with many of the departments of health. 

I wonder if this will go beyond the NFL testing as I know that is where most of the upcoming college kids - returning to school in the north east - have their tests going through.  

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

They are an enormous reference lab - I mean absolutely huge.  They are doing most of the NYS non symptomatic testing (and many other states also) as they have agreements with many of the departments of health. 

I wonder if this will go beyond the NFL testing as I know that is where most of the upcoming college kids - returning to school in the north east - have their tests going through.  

Yuck. That is not good news at all. Hopefully it’s on the collection side of things, as some have suggested, and the lab itself isn’t that compromised. 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Wait, they weren't planning on testing at least on Fridays before games? 

I believe the original agreement was testing - daily early in TC, then going to a couple of times a week during the season.  The NFLPA wanted Daily testing during the season, but this is exactly why the NFL was looking at 2x per week during the season.  

The NFL wanted Monday and Thursday/Friday to ensure there was enough time to re-clear players before Sunday games.

The NFL wanted to avoid any testing on Saturday or Sunday - unless to clear a player - because a false positive either day would rule them out of the upcoming game.  That was a big part of the discussion between the league and the union as the players were still pushing for daily tests.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29787498/nfl-latest-round-coronavirus-testing-shows-four-players-six-personnel-test-positive

NFL's latest round of coronavirus testing shows four players, six personnel test positive

A total of 10 NFL players and other team personnel tested positive for the coronavirus during the league's latest testing period of Aug. 21-29, the NFL and NFL Players Association announced Tuesday.

• Sad 1

• Chandler#81 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

First positive test of the season. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/falcons-cb-a-j-terrell-tests-positive-for-covid-19-placed-on-reserve-list

Couple questions that come to mind: 

1. How did he get it? 

2. How do they ensure it's not a false positive? 

3. How ever will the Falcons sublime defense recover?

I'm also really curious to see if he actually has it, and nobody else in the locker room got it. That seems like an overall positive development for the season outlook. 

Edited by whatdrought