Covid reserve list transaction wire

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, wow.  So may still be doing chemo and such.  All the best of good luck to them; I hope she doesn't get it.

She also recently had a baby (I can’t fathom going through both at once) which complicates things even further. Interesting note, her brother is the Bills WR coach Chad Hall. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting. I didn't even know "persistent positive" was a thing. This is a wild ride we are on. A quick google to fact check this one taught me that they are doing some testing via anal swab....

So that's an adventure...

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is good to hear 

This isn’t good, regardless of the unexpected happy ending. False Positives are extremely rare compared to  False Negative result, given the staggered incubation period. Things like this create doubt in everyone’s mind, imo.

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This isn’t good, regardless of the unexpected happy ending. False Positives are extremely rare compared to  False Negative result, given the staggered incubation period. Things like this create doubt in everyone’s mind, imo.

Basically, the US test detects covid-19 RNA in the sample.  It won't amplify the RNA if it isn't there.

There are two ways it could get in the sample:

1) from the person being tested

2) via contamination at some stage in the process

2) should be very rare, and if it's not, it's a big concern

• Like (+1) 1

With the numbers the way there are currently all over the country, I'd think the Bills have a better chance of staying healthy than say the Dolphins, Saints or Texans as even if the players go out and do something stupid, there's many less infected people in Western NY to catch it from than other parts of the country.  For road games, I'd think players could stay safe during the 30 or so hours they are visiting another city. 

Admittedly byNov or Dec the numbers could change and Western NY could again become much worse, but for now looks good.  Plus obviously due to player to player contact during a game, things can be transmitted there if there was a player who tested negative, but literally became positive an hour before game time after testing and now is a spreader.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Basically, the US test detects covid-19 RNA in the sample.  It won't amplify the RNA if it isn't there.

There are two ways it could get in the sample:

1) from the person being tested

2) via contamination at some stage in the process

2) should be very rare, and if it's not, it's a big concern

I follow the virus daily and this is the 1st I’ve heard this. Are you saying when all team personnel test prior to playing a game on game day and pass, there’s no concern for the impending game??

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I follow the virus daily and this is the 1st I’ve heard this. Are you saying when all team personnel test prior to playing a game on game day and pass, there’s no concern for the impending game??

Chandler, I'm struggling to map your question onto what I wrote.

My point was to agree with you that any false positives are a huge concern - fundamentally, given the test that's being used which does NOT cross-react with other coronaviruruses,  they're a sample handling/test processing issue.  It means your sample collection folks and your lab don't have their act together.

What's more common is a pattern where people who are recovering from covid-19 test positive right at the limit of detection...then negative once or twice-then positive again...this is something that resolves in a couple weeks in most cases but can go on for months in a few cases.

• Like (+1) 1