Covid reserve list transaction wire

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Duke went for the fast cash. Problem is, he won’t likely be on the team next year so he’ll owe the $150k.

That's the wrong list this is the Covid IR for testing positive or having contact with someone that does I think.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ok, so then Duke didn’t test positive, he just opted out this year, right?  He’ll have a tough time making the team anyway, but even if he went to the practice squad next year if he’s eligible (I can’t keep up with these rule changes on the practice squad as I know this year they made exceptions to the rule).  If he can go to the practice squad next year, it’s like he’ll be playing for nothing as the $150,000 is around I believe what practice squad guys make.  Looks to me as he saw the writing on the wall and wanted some income protection.

Taylor has a good shot to make the roster with Lotulelei opting out for the year.  Williams is going to have a tough time making the roster even if he hadn't landed on the COVID-19 list.  If he doesn't have a problem with COVID-19 past the middle of August, he'll be able to practice in pads.

55 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I'd be surprised if Duke Williams makes the team.

Right, and that was the case even before this setback. People need to come to grips with the fact that Duke was a kinda nice story but this team has more talent now. He had his chance in the playoff game and didn’t come through. 

Question, if someone tests positive during the year are they able to also opt out after they test positive?  In other words “change their mind” due to the positive test result now affecting their health? 

Edited by Locomark

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

Question, if someone tests positive during the year are they able to also opt out after they test positive?  In other words “change their mind” due to the positive test result now affecting their health? 

Based on the info we have right now, the answer is no. But also as of right now the CBA still isn’t signed so there is no established opt out deadline (it will be 7 days from when it is signed) and it has been reported that there are some provisions that would allow opt out after the deadline — I don’t know what those provisions are.

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s a list of all players placed on the reserve/COVID list. By my count, it’s 66 players so far with one guy (Jags’ CB Josiah Scott) already removed from the list and activated. The # will grow and while that seems staggering- for some context- please keep in mind not all of these players actually tested positive but may have also been in contact with someone who did (after Tuesday, for example, 30 players had been put on this list but the NFLPA tweeted that “only” 21 of them had tested positive). And keep in mind that 80+ players per each of the 32 teams have been tested, by now at least twice.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknation.draftkings.com/platform/amp/nfl/2020/7/27/21340238/nfl-players-covid-19-positive-tests-2020-training-camp-regular-season-full-list

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he has it and assuming he gets past it perfectly fine this wouldn't be the worst thing for the Lions. Given his situation with his wife I thought he was a huge chance to opt out but if he ends up gaining some natural immunity maybe not.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whoaoa!

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If he has it and assuming he gets past it perfectly fine this wouldn't be the worst thing for the Lions. Given his situation with his wife I thought he was a huge chance to opt out but if he ends up gaining some natural immunity maybe not.

What's Stafford's situation with his wife?