Covid reserve list transaction wire

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This is the list for those who test positive?

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that these are the first players to land on this new list, either after testing positive or being quarantined close contact with an infected person.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I thought there was just going to be a vague inactive part of the injury list because this was a HIPPA thing? 

I think HIPPA has basically been waived with covid, not factual just opinion. They seem to post non stop for basketball and baseball who is inactive because of contact or testing positive 

15 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think HIPPA has basically been waived with covid, not factual just opinion. They seem to post non stop for basketball and baseball who is inactive because of contact or testing positive 

I think the NBA waited until the player (Westbrook?) announced it. The league just said he remained in Houston, not yet “in the bubble”. 

I seriously doubt leagues have any right to get around Covid and HIPPA.  What will the general policy be? No idea how open players will be. I wouldn’t care. 

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think the NBA waited until the player (Westbrook?) announced it. The league just said he remained in Houston, not yet “in the bubble”. 

I’m not 100% positive, I actually read about Harrison Barnes being positive not that long ago. I don’t know their rules on it. 
I know opening day Mets vs braves they were discussing the braves two catchers not being with the team over covid exposure concerns but negative tests. 

I would think team members would want to know which teammates might be infected, that and I would  hope the CDC keeps track of this sort of thing considering it is a nation wide issue. Also transparency is the only way to keep folk informed and then able to use best practices for their own and others wellbeing. 

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not 100% positive, I actually read about Harrison Barnes being positive not that long ago. I don’t know their rules on it. 
I know opening day Mets vs braves they were discussing the braves two catchers not being with the team over covid exposure concerns but negative tests. 

MLB has been very public about it, it seems 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I seriously doubt leagues have any right to get around Covid and HIPPA.  What will the general policy be? No idea how open players will be. I wouldn’t care. 

I mean if the testing is going through the league/team then I'd assume there's waivers they sign that let them do that.

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bem6yuiovu7k8olb0lp

Darnold doesn't want to talk about how Brady gave him Mono...

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Sure, why not just give up every right we have...finish us!!!:unsure:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean if the testing is going through the league/team then I'd assume there's waivers they sign that let them do that.

I had heard/read otherwise. There would be an “other category”, unless that has changed. Like Westbrook, it was left as an unknown until his tweet about it. No comment, until the player comments. He’s just “out”. It’s the “Not active, and we’ll give you three guesses why” list. 

I get that it’s personal medical info, but if I were a player I’d have no reservation about being open about it. It’s not like an STD, it’s a pandemic for goodness sakes! 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I had heard/read otherwise. There would be an “other category”, unless that has changed. Like Westbrook, it was left as an unknown until his tweet about it. No comment, until the player comments. He’s just “out”. It’s the “Not active, and we’ll give you three guesses why” list. 

I get that it’s personal medical info, but if I were a player I’d have no reservation about being open about it. It’s not like an STD, it’s a pandemic for goodness sakes! 

I don't know just with all the special rules going on with covid IR I'd think releasing the result of the test would be pretty SOP.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know just with all the special rules going on with covid IR I'd think releasing the result of the test would be pretty SOP.

It’s a legal/federal health thing, not a league thing. HIPPA is a big deal when getting your teeth cleaned. The federal government trumps all league protocol   The NFL is not exempt from federal law. I don’t know how this turns out.....

Not a big deal to me either way, as long as they play a meaningful season!