How are you handling fantasy leagues during Covid?

Process

For those in leagues where owners typically get together for the draft, what are you doing this year? Still getting together? Moving everything online? Video chatting?

Making any adjustments to rosters/bench given the possibility of players missing time?

Making any decisions now on what to do if season gets suspended/postponed/doesn't finish?

I don’t even know if we’re doing our league this year.  We were chatting in our league text chain, and the consensus seems to be that everyone wants to see what the “COVID NFL” is going to look like before we commit to anything.

Will we need to allow for larger rosters?  What happens if your starting QB tests positive and is out for 2 or more weeks?  Some strange things can come into play.

• Like (+1) 1

Cutting down on all my leagues and involvement. As much fun as it has been over the years, I'm just turned off by the leagues attitude and response. They are a joke. "Football Team" How pathetic is Washington. Once the league got political, it started losing my monetary support. I'll root for the Bills (of course) but outside of them, interest is lost for now.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Draft on, baby -- we're gonna have NFL football!

54 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Cutting down on all my leagues and involvement. As much fun as it has been over the years, I'm just turned off by the leagues attitude and response. They are a joke. "Football Team" How pathetic is Washington. Once the league got political, it started losing my monetary support. I'll root for the Bills (of course) but outside of them, interest is lost for now.

whambulance.png

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

I quit playing last season from burnout.  A fanduel here and there cures the itch.  Season long league got old and the fun parts of it disappeared with time (in person drafts/trades/contact during the season all faded away over the years)

• Like (+1) 1

Same rules as usual--though my league already has two extra bench spots by default. We did agree that if the season ends early, our 1-4 money spots will be determined by overall points. This is a low-stakes friendly league though, so it wasn't too difficult to come up with a plan. 

We added an extra I/R spot strictly for a player out because of COVID. We also allowed are traditional I/R spot to be used for a player on COVID as well. 

I'm more looking forward to going to place bets at the Sports Book downtown on weekly games.

I have worked in the ER for 24 years and the job is a meat grinder.  I follow politics closely because I think it's my duty to be an informed citizen and voter.  Over the last several years the political world has become so vicious and personal and nasty that watching the news is now almost as bad as being at work for me.  The Buffalo Bills and my fantasy football league have been a needed escape for me and I have looked forward to every new season like a five year old waiting for Christmas .

Now that has changed.

Despite the Bills looking better than they have in twenty years, I just am not excited for the season to start or to play fantasy football.  Football has been polluted by politics to the point that it has taken a lot of the joy out of it for me.  I can't listen to sports radio anymore because they don't talk about sports, it's all politics.  The NFL, which used to be a treasured escape from my daily grind, is now just one more place where people are fighting and at each others throat. 

I'm not excited about the upcoming season.  I'm mad that my escape has been ruined by people who need to shove their unsolicited political opinions in my face.  I'm mad at the NFL for not standing up at the beginning and saying that everyone has a right to speak their mind and be politically active on their own time, but when you are at work you need to stick to your job and not talk politics.  Just like I don't walk into my patient's room here in the ER and talk politics because it's not appropriate, the NFL should have said this is a place for unity not division, and the players, coaches, and owners should check their politics at the door.   

The NFL should be a place that brings all Americans together despite their race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation.  If you're wearing Bills gear on Sunday then you are my brother or sister.  We're family.  Now that is being taken away and it's a damn shame.  The NFL is going to suffer for this unnecessary and divisive embrace of politics and many long time fans will start to slowly drift away.  Our country will lose another institution that brought us all together and we will all be worse off for it.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1