Nigel Bradham to Bills? (Update - signed with Saints, now cut)

4 hours ago, Magox said:

Seems odd.   He's only 30, he either must have really rubbed leadership the wrong way or his play has dropped off dramatically.  Neither seem that plausible, but clearly something is going on.

He is a career dumbass. I mean that literally. Jim Schwartz said this about Bradham on 10/5/16:

“You do dumbass things, pretty soon, you’re going to be labeled as a dumbass,”

And that was after his second arrest in under a month's time in Philly. On top of the altercations he had while in Buffalo.

So anything is possible with this guy.

33 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes but when they restructured his deal it was pretty much assumed it was with the intent of being able to get out after the next season...the opt out was what pushed that forward one more year. 

well they can still get out after one season.  This one doesn’t exist fir him. He’s not worth the previous nor the next year of the contract

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

well they can still get out after one season.  This one doesn’t exist fir him. He’s not worth the previous nor the next year of the contract

I think they signed his initial contract w/expectations of a steady cornerstone piece for a d line they needed to rework...as such overpaid some for stability and familiarity. But it worked out as defense has flourished. They'll probably move on from him sooner rather than later but I watched a bunch of Lotulelei tape last year and for what they needed, he brought. Worked out for both sides.

57 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think they signed his initial contract w/expectations of a steady cornerstone piece for a d line they needed to rework...as such overpaid some for stability and familiarity. But it worked out as defense has flourished. They'll probably move on from him sooner rather than later but I watched a bunch of Lotulelei tape last year and for what they needed, he brought. Worked out for both sides.

Over 10 million a year over 3 years that will take him 4 years to play because he’s sitting out.  His hard would he be to replace?  Not very I bet 

19 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Interesting.  I did too and had the opposite observation.  I believe he fell significantly short of what we needed, what he was brought in to do and what most fans think he does.