Seahawks trade for Jamal Adams

24 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

He’s definitely going to be the highest paid CB in the league, but whether he signs this contract with the Bills is questionable. The only way out of this situation is to start negotiating the year we are legally able to. If he ends his final season without an extension, he’s gone. And he’ll still be the highest paid CB in the league. And maybe in a state with no income tax. 

He’s able to be negotiated with now

31 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

To me, no. To Tre, yes. He’s said so. 

Was that in a tweet?  If that's the case, the Bills had better extend him before he hits the open market since I don`t think the Bills will be willing him pay him 15% moee then other teams.

17 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Was that in a tweet?  If that's the case, the Bills had better extend him before he hits the open market since I don`t think the Bills will be willing him pay him 15% moee then other teams.

This is the Tre I love though:

Edited by Saint Doug

3 hours ago, Doc said:

No WEO, we all knew Gase was a bad HC.  There was a long thread about it when they hired him.  Judging by you calling Adams "petulant" it seems you were (and maybe still are) unaware of this, and as a result decided to question the motives of a team like the Seahawks over a team like the Jets.  That alone is pure comedy.

And again, no Jets player came out in support of Gase when Adams said this and still haven't come out in support of him now, which says everything.  While players will slam a guy, especially if he's no longer on the team. 

The draft chart is merely a draft chart and the greatest reason fans overvalue draft picks.  If players were sure things, things would be different.  And a team's history of drafting does play a part, regardless of the absence of different draft charts. 

We'll have to see what, if anything, those draft picks turn out to be, in a couple years when they actually see the field.  In the meantime, they've gotten rid of their best defensive player, which helps the Bills.

The opposite, actually.

I even bolded and italicized it to highlight the sarcasm of Adams "exposing" Gase's deficits as a coach--which he chose not to do in his first social media outburst, but his last one.  Crazy he would do it that way, right?

Name one player who has echoed what Adams said about Gase.  What are they afraid of?  It's common knowledge, right.  In an age defined by social media, where every thought is posted, why haven't they followed suit.  They aren't going to criticize another player for agitating to get a better deal, doc...so I'm not sure why you would even bring that up.

And your take on picks still makes no sense doc.  As another poster said:  $100 bill is $100, no matter how you invest or blow it.  A top 10 pick is high value, even if your FO sucks.  A first round pick is more valuable than a 3rd round pick, etc.  This is true on every team, good or bad.  

4 hours ago, QCity said:

This is a fallacy and it is probably the greatest contributor to fans undervaluing draft picks. There isn't a separate chart for teams that you perceive to draft poorly. A $100 bill is worth $100 regardless if you invest it in your retirement fund or flush it down the toilet.

I see your point but in the end game what you buy with that $100 represents that actual value.  If you buy a fake Rolex that runs for 20 minutes, is it more valuable than a purchased Timex that runs for three years.  If the JESTS draft the next Joey Harrington or Aaron Mabin with one or both of their picks, did they really add any value?  On the other hand, if they use those picks to draft a couple of great players, then the picks may be more valuable than they were considered at face value.  I think of the Brady scenario.  That sixth round pick turned out to return more value than maybe any other draft pick in the history of the game.  My point is simply that the draft picks have the same potential value regardless of which team is holding them.  The real value will become known when those draft picks are converted into players.  Fans shouldn't devalue a pick just because of which team is holding them.  Every team has a long laundry list of high draft pick busts.  As Bills fans, we all know that too well.

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

I hope it’s been the pandemic or his reaction to police brutality, but it just seems like something has changed in him this offseason. Or, maybe we really never knew him. 

If it makes you feel better you don’t know him now either 

3 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

they can’t draft anyway 

They’ve had their issues, that’s for sure.  

that being said, I really like what they did in this years draft.  They didn’t get the pass rusher they needed but it was a weak class for pass rushers imo.  Getting Zuniga in rd 4 was decent value though 

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

Do state taxes really matter when you are making that much?  Lebron chose to go to LA, Durant chose to go to the Warriors and then the Nets and Kyrie Irving chose to go to the Nets even those those states have the highest state taxes.

It's primary getting the biggest number as an ego trip.  You can`t get less than Kirk Cousins if you think you`re better.

yea but LeBron isn’t just a player but a brand. LA is worth more than the taxes lost.

the longer he’s here the more clear I think it becomes that the marketing department needs to align with tres and do everything they can to make him a star. Not just fun lil social media posts but lean hard on league partners for impactful features.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Two firsts and a 3rd for a safety - I'd say what the Bills gave up in comparison for Diggs looks pretty good. 

Plus Diggs is signed for another 4 years..

Adams will be squealing for a contract until he gets one and given how much they have given up for him they are going to have to pay him what he wants..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Fantastic trade for the Jets actually.  Adams can now go downgrade Seattle's pass coverage. But hey, he'll get you five or six sacks so it's worth it right?

I must’ve have missed when Jamal Adams became this bum I’ve been hearing about.

1st team all pro in 19

2nd team in 18

two time pro bowler

#6 overall pick

And a team KNOWN for finding terrific DB’s, Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas etc. trades two firsts for him and y’all are like, “yeah they are all wrong, he sucks.”

Certainly an interesting perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

I must’ve have missed when Jamal Adams became this bum I’ve been hearing about.

1st team all pro in 19

2nd team in 18

two time pro bowler

#6 overall pick

And a team KNOWN for finding terrific DB’s, Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas etc. trades two firsts for him and y’all are like, “yeah they are all wrong, he sucks.”

Certainly an interesting perspective.

He's an average coverage safety. I rather have a defense that utilizes a traditional front seven to create pressure and control the LOS and keep the safeties for coverage mostly. Like our defense. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He's an average coverage safety. I rather have a defense that utilizes a traditional front seven to create pressure and control the LOS and keep the safeties for coverage mostly. Like our defense. 

So how is he going to “downgrade” Seattle’s pass coverage.

Defensive schemes notwithstanding, almost everyone universally thinks Jamal Adams is a really really good football player. It’s just salty Jets fans and strangely enough, salty Bills fans who are trying to pretend otherwise.

Why would I be salty as a Bills fan? Makes no difference to me if Adams is good or not. If your theory is true I should actually be happy he is gone. I see this as a negative as I don't see the Jets pass coverage missing a beat without him and the Jets get two first round picks to build on.

Adams forte is playing around the LOS and even in the backfield. That's great for a few nice splash plays and highlights. But will he make enough plays on 3rd and 10 if he doesn't get to the QB or is in coverage?