Seahawks trade for Jamal Adams

The 1st round pick in 2021 won't have a lot of value. There will likely be no college season or a heavily reduced one. Two 1st round picks for a safety normally would be an overpay but in that context it's an appropriate value. The Jets just got worse. Should be 2 free wins.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The 1st round pick in 2021 won't have a lot of value. There will likely be no college season or a heavily reduced one. Two 1st round picks for a safety normally would be an overpay but in that context it's an appropriate value. The Jets just got worse. Should be 2 free wins.

Even if there isn’t a season (I do think the power 5 will play) there is tons of talent available with years of film in the bag 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gase is a goner. Douglas is stocking up on picks to lure the next coach. 

I think you are exactly correct.  It's what I thought as soon as I read the details of the trade.  The other idea that occurred to me is that Pete Carol is gearing up to make one last run to get back to the Super Bowl before he hangs it up.  Overall, the JESTS got the best part of the deal IMHO.  The vets on the JESTS will probably look at this season as just going through the motions to draw a game check.  Looks like they are preparing for yet another rebuild.

49 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

When knows?  And beside the point.  If Tase is THE root of the problem, why haven't more players spoken out?  

No players are going to slam a player trying to "get his", so why even ask?  I'm sure there are other player who feel similarly to Adams re: Tase--yet none have felt it was so bad that they were compelled to shine about it in public.

You'll notice that Adams FIRST complained back in June that the Jets had not responded to "my first offer" (no mention of Bad Man Tase).  A week later, in June, he reposted a picture of him in a Cowboys jersey (still no mention of Gase).  In between he's raging about a contract on Instagram and Youtube.  Earlier this week, he called out Woody Johnson, and easy target (yet still no mention of Gase).

So after a monthlong campaign of petulance with no result, he finally reveals to YOU the Jets darkest secret:  Gase is not the coach to lead this team...becuase he would not speak to Adams et al when they were playing bad!.. Boom, traded. lol.

No WEO, we all knew Gase was a bad HC.  There was a long thread about it when they hired him.  Judging by you calling Adams "petulant" it seems you were (and maybe still are) unaware of this, and as a result decided to question the motives of a team like the Seahawks over a team like the Jets.  That alone is pure comedy.

And again, no Jets player came out in support of Gase when Adams said this and still haven't come out in support of him now, which says everything.  While players will slam a guy, especially if he's no longer on the team. 

46 minutes ago, QCity said:

This is a fallacy and it is probably the greatest contributor to fans undervaluing draft picks. There isn't a separate chart for teams that you perceive to draft poorly. A $100 bill is worth $100 regardless if you invest it in your retirement fund or flush it down the toilet.

The draft chart is merely a draft chart and the greatest reason fans overvalue draft picks.  If players were sure things, things would be different.  And a team's history of drafting does play a part, regardless of the absence of different draft charts. 

We'll have to see what, if anything, those draft picks turn out to be, in a couple years when they actually see the field.  In the meantime, they've gotten rid of their best defensive player, which helps the Bills.

6 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

not

our

problem!

The opposite, actually.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even if there isn’t a season (I do think the power 5 will play) there is tons of talent available with years of film in the bag 

There will be talent but it won't be the best year to be relying on draft picks. A whole season's worth of scouting is out the window.

Two first round picks for a non-premium position??  For a box safety who can’t play the pass?  Who isn’t signed long-term?  Are you kidding me?  Schneider and O’Brien have wrecked the league market with the Tunsil and Adams trades.

I’d say the Jets fleeced the ‘Hawks but this doesn’t help this regime.  They get worse, their best player just torched the place and got rewarded for it, and their head coach isn’t well-liked by the players.  Plus, I’d bet a nickel Greggo is going to secretly moan to the media about Adams being taken away from him - because Greggo is all about Greggo and this move makes his job much harder this year, ergo another dent in his genius armor.  Plus the latest ownership debacle - that team is a tire fire.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

The Bills are going to miss him ;)

He had a whopping nine yes 9 tackles in 2 games last year vs the Bills.

No sacks no ints.

In 2018 he had 6 tackles and half a sack

In 2017 he had 9 tackles

Can we get the trade voided ;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think it’s the exact opposite. The first round prospects are mostly known by sophomore year. It’s the later round prospects from smaller schools without a ton of tape that will be lotto tickets. 

Like pick #1 and pick #2 next year is likely going to be Lawrence/Fields. But is a UCF QB going to be worth a 4th or 5th? Who knows if they don’t play?