RIP Peter Green

WhoTom

As much as I love Santana, Carlos owes Peter Green big time.

A sad day.

Green was both a consumate songwriter, guitarist and vocalist. His 'feel' for the blues, probably unmatched by any of his contemporaries.

This is Pt.2... Pt.1 was yanked from youtube due to music rights, but is on amazon prime from what I've read. 

Rather sad yet sort of triumphant half hour watch as to what actually happened to him back when he left the Mac... RIP man... and then play on...

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

In early 1970 I came across this album at Twin Fair.  The name of the album is "Then Played On." I thought I would give it a shot and it turned out to be not only one of my all time top 10 albums but my introduction to Peter Green.  This led to back tracking to get earlier Fleetwood Mac albums.  The more Peter Green I heard the more I loved him.  He will be missed.  RIP

If you interested in an intro to Fleetwood Mac, I suggest you start here.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Greybeard said:

In early 1970 I came across this album at Twin Fair.  The name of the album is "Then Played On." I thought I would give it a shot and it turned out to be not only one of my all time top 10 albums but my introduction to Peter Green.  This led to back tracking to get earlier Fleetwood Mac albums.  The more Peter Green I heard the more I loved him.  He will be missed.  RIP

If you interested in an intro to Fleetwood Mac, I suggest you start here.

Great record!

• Thank you (+1) 1