Chiefs G Duvernay-Tardif first NFL player to opt-out.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Life > football

Absolutely, no doubt.  I will proffer, however, that this year the return of sport — safely — is more important than ever to the world’s collective psyche.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

He will work as an orderly? I thought he got his MD. Is this the Canadian version of a residency that US doctors must go through?

He hasn’t done any post-grad training and cannot practice medicine. So he is working as an orderly. An MD without any residency training in the US or Canada basically gives you zero qualifications in actual health care.

41 minutes ago, eball said:

Absolutely, no doubt.  I will proffer, however, that this year the return of sport — safely — is more important than ever to the world’s collective psyche.

I agree. I think having the Premier League back has been good here. It isn't as good with no fans but it is better than nothing. 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. I think having the Premier League back has been good here. It isn't as good with no fans but it is better than nothing. 

The Premier League is good stuff.  I'm getting hooked on it.

1 hour ago, BillsDude said:

Good for him!  A bunch of hypocrites here though. If Josh Allen opts out to work on his farm, will you be ok? I will be ok with that. Will you?

depends on the opt out clause in the new agreement, which i have not seen yet.

If a player opts out but is still credited with a year of service, and Josh, or any player for that matter, opts out to avoid injury in a contract year...yep gunna have an issue.

Think it abundantly clear by all accounts on social media Josh has not exactly been holed up on his farm all spring

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

depends on the opt out clause in the new agreement, which i have not seen yet.

If a player opts out but is still credited with a year of service, and Josh, or any player for that matter, opts out to avoid injury in a contract year...yep gunna have an issue.

Think it abundantly clear by all accounts on social media Josh has not exactly been holed up on his farm all spring

Opt out clause will allow the contract to toll. If the player is “high risk” they get 350k and a credited season and if just don’t want to play for any other reason they get 150 k  and no credited season but then when they come back that is subtracted from their salary. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Opt out clause will allow the contract to toll. If the player is “high risk” they get 350k and if just don’t want to play for any other reason they get 150k.

TY YOLO..am i reading that right that high risk player does accrue a season if they sit? That seems fair to me, and if I was the NFL i would prolly mandate a high risk player sit out..with full pay and an accrued season

And hate to admit i am not sure what "contract tolls" means..and googling it has not helped me understand better in this context..can you explain?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So technically John brown could opt out under the high risk clause 

what would cause that?

Edited by plenzmd1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

TY YOLO..am i reading that right that high risk player does accrue a season if they sit? That seems fair to me, and if I was the NFL i would prolly mandate a high risk player sit out..with full pay and an accrued season

And hate to admit i am not sure what "contract tolls" means..and googling it has not helped me understand better in this context..can you explain?

Thanks

what would cause that?

John Brown has sickle cell disease 

contract toll basically means that the contract pauses, 2020 salary and contract terms move to 2021, they remain on the roster and will be placed on some kind of reserve list - also they will continue to have benefits such as accruing seasons toward pension and will have same medical insurance coverage. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1