Chiefs G Duvernay-Tardif first NFL player to opt-out.

Life is more than how much money you made. Have to respect this guy! Giving up the paycheck to help others is amazing stuff. 

It reminds me a bit of Pat Tillman. Look at the big picture, your values and not what’s easier, safer or makes you rich. That’s hero kind of stuff. 

I’d be very proud if he was my son. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

https://www.kmbc.com/article/chiefs-laurent-duvernay-tardif-says-hes-opting-out-of-2020-nfl-season/33420599#

He said that being at the frontline of the COVID-19 in the offseason gave him a different perspective on the pandemic. Duvernay-Tardif graduated from medical school.

I guess he is not a supporter of "Fake news".

EdvGPTTXkAI3Izf?format=jpg&name=large

He graduated and spent some time as an intern during offseason.

• Like (+1) 4

He’s a hero. Pushing through the garbage of MSNBC and FOX news to speak the truth. If only every day people would follow suit and recognize that slanted channels/news is detrimental to this country. There is no Dem and GOP...we are all Americans.

He’s a hero to me, plain and simple. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good on him, he has his head on straight, and is a serious role model. 

18 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

He’s a hero. Pushing through the garbage of MSNBC and FOX news to speak the truth. If only every day people would follow suit and recognize that slanted channels/news is detrimental to this country. There is no Dem and GOP...we are all Americans.

In his case North American because he is Canadian. Ironic that the first one to step out is a Canadian who have much more strict COVID-19 protocols.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Limeaid said:

In his case North American because he is Canadian. Ironic that the first one to step out is a Canadian who have much more strict COVID-19 protocols.

I think he would tell you his adherence here is to the science, not any border or political ideology. 

• Like (+1) 8

32 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Well, the player himself is Canadian and went home to help Canadians...

Edited by 1ManRaid

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I"m kind of wondering if Schefter doesn't kind of have it mixed on the "work as an orderly" or if that means something different in Canada

Duvernay-Tardif is a medical school graduate. Doctor of Medicine and Master of Surgery.  He hasn't done (what we'd call) an internship or residency yet.

But he's got the training to do far more than work as an orderly.

Hapless, if you think about it, he doesn’t have a nursing license so he can’t work as a nurse, nor a scrub tech in the OR, and if he hasn’t done an internship or residency, then it actually does make sense he could only contribute as an orderly.  Everything is licensed as I’m sure you know.  Regardless, very, very honorable of him to help out, and if this is how he can help his neighborhood, god bless him.  I could care less if it were Canada or the US.  Does it really matter?  Last time I checked, not for you Hapless, but the other person, Canada is still part of North America.

Growing up in Buffalo and a lot of blurry nights north of the border at 19, Canada was a suburb of Buffalo.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I"m kind of wondering if Schefter doesn't kind of have it mixed on the "work as an orderly" or if that means something different in Canada

Duvernay-Tardif is a medical school graduate. Doctor of Medicine and Master of Surgery.  He hasn't done (what we'd call) an internship or residency yet.

But he's got the training to do far more than work as an orderly.

Perusing the reactions to the tweet(mostly good some vile) I got the impression their might some sort of shortage of them causing it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

In case you hadn't heard, Chiefs lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif earned his medical degree and requested to add “M.D.” to the nameplate on his jersey. The NFL reportedly denied his request. It started with a simple tweet saying the NFL rejected his request, and buzz and reaction continued to grow.Jun 27, 2018

I remember when the above happened a couple years ago, and thought the NFL missed a real opportunity(as usual) to promote a player with a great story by allowing the MD on his nameplate. I'm sure the league regrets that decision now, as he's showing himself to be a high-character individual, worthy of recognition.

• Like (+1) 2