Shady Still Looking for a Home . Update

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

He needs almost 1000 yards to reach 12K.  He would need two seasons to get that much.  I don't see that happening.

This.  12k has been the HOF threshold.  Right now he knows he’s in Corey Dillion territory and won’t make it.

15 hours ago, T master said:

Shady still looking but hasn't found a home as of yet . He says he's talked to a couple teams but to this point no deals have been offered .

One of his goals is to make it into the 12K club before he retires i for one hope he finds a way to get it  .

His totals were down last year but they had a bunch of talent in KC when he was on the field though he didn't suck he just wasn't his old self . I think in the right scheme he could still be a good RB .

What do you think ? Does he still have enough in the tank to help a team  ? ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/24/lesean-mccoy-has-talked-to-a-couple-of-teams/

https://www.nfl.com/videos/lesean-mccoy-reveals-he-has-multiple-offers-looking-for-the-right-fit

In this interview Shady tells how vets do want some preseason reps because games are different level than practice . Good interview .

He has received no offers....but he says he has "multiple offers"?

He tells us how games are different than practice?  Such acquired wisdom should lead to an offer to join a coaching staff, pronto!

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You can’t be serious right? Beane signed and kept Frank Gore.

That was bad.  Keeping him active late into the season (and in the playoff game, no less) and putting him into must-have yardage situations was even worse.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You can’t be serious right? Beane signed and kept Frank Gore.

Everyone can't be 100% correct all the time. I had HIGH hopes for Frank to have a good season. I was hoping for an OJ Anderson campaign. He officially got really old before our eyes last year.

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Frank Gore

@Ethan in Portland

Goodness, my bad, everyone!

55 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I hope he gets it.  I like Shady but the Bills should have got rid of him a year before they did.  He can still play a limited role but his tank will exhaust fast.

I think he had value being in a huddle with a rookie QB even if his productive didn’t reflect that in 2018

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

That was bad.  Keeping him active late into the season (and in the playoff game, no less) and putting him into must-have yardage situations was even worse.

Yes, but he played well and in key spots earlier in the season.  Might not be in the playoffs in the first place without him running out the clock on a couple of those wins early in the season.

The coaching staff deserves the blame for his absurd overuse in the playoff game.

20 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yes, but he played well and in key spots earlier in the season.  Might not be in the playoffs in the first place without him running out the clock on a couple of those wins early in the season.

The coaching staff deserves the blame for his absurd overuse in the playoff game.

Agreed.  I actually think he was a good signing and - as you said - he did well, early on.

Yup, sure is,  an old folks home, 

rocking chair on the porch, sittin in the shady, sippin gin & juice...

?

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

He needs almost 1000 yards to reach 12K.  He would need two seasons to get that much.  I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I think your right. I could see him getting picked up by some team after an injury but how many touches will he get. Also many of those might be short passes out of the backfield so they won't count on his rushing total. He does have pretty good hands.