NFLPA Approves Agreement

So everyone give the actual decision makers, yes those state governors, a pat on the back that they deserve for allowing pro football to happen for our entertainment, Booyah !!!! We should all be happy. ? 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Cue the "No way this season doesn't get cancelled" folks.

I don’t see it being cancelled. I’m more concerned about the finishing than the beginning. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t see it being cancelled. I’m more concerned about the finishing than the beginning. Time will tell. 

I've been told many times the past month that there will be no football and I am basically a fool for thinking that the season could start on time.

I've always felt that the season would begin according to plan. But yes, I've been concerned that it will get cancelled or postponed a few weeks in.

• Like (+1) 1

This tweet does not mention salary cap effects. Believe all decrease to cap will be spread over next 4 years, not just next year. As a Bills fan , i would have preferred longer...we have lots of young talent sign over the next 4 years...could put a strain on signing some of the homegrowns

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I've been told many times the past month that there will be no football and I am basically a fool for thinking that the season could start on time.

I've always felt that the season would begin according to plan. But yes, I've been concerned that it will get cancelled or postponed a few weeks in.

it’s already not starting normal or on time - at this point it’s just a matter of how abnormal things get before a regular season game cancels.

Hopefully we don’t cross that threshold, but not a huge deal if we do 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

ain’t not a player showing up to that game this year.

9 hours ago, par73 said:

With how quickly they reached an agreement on terms for getting things going, it is clear they are determined to play. How this ultimately plays out is the question .

Yup 

I think it’s clear they all want a season, despite the folks too hung up on every word during the negotiations saying otherwise.

built out some flexibility and now just a matter of how far changing guidelines, regulations, and health of teams may force them to bend.

19 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it’s already not starting normal or on time - at this point it’s just a matter of how abnormal things get before a regular season game cancels.

Hopefully we don’t cross that threshold, but not a huge deal if we do 

ain’t not a player showing up to that game this year.

Yup 

I think it’s clear they all want a season, despite the folks too hung up on every word during the negotiations saying otherwise.

built out some flexibility and now just a matter of how far changing guidelines, regulations, and health of teams may force them to bend.

Seems like an obvious year to just cancel the pro bowl altogether 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like an obvious year to just cancel the pro bowl altogether 

im sure they have contracts in place with the stadium, convention center, hotels, tv etc.... that would be expensive to get out of this early. 

NFLPA Player Reps Vote to Approve New CBA Changes for 2020 Season

Part of the deal includes keeping this year's salary cap at $198.2 million and setting a minimum cap of $175 million for 2021.

Albert Breer of The MMQB reported Friday the latest proposal represents a $10 million increase of next year's cap from the league's previous offer. Any further financial deficit created by the coronavirus pandemic would be spread across the following four years (2022-25).

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2901541-nfl-nflpa-reportedly-discussing-175-million-minimum-salary-cap-for-2021-season?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

The season is. Preseason is not. But I wasn't talking about preseason.