Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

I'll just chime in and say that I still think Gase is EXACTLY the right leader for the Jets organization. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Jamal Adams was right about Gase not being the right leader for the Jets, but the same could be said for Jamal Adams. 

I like Adams as a player but I doubt he’s had as good a game as Maye played in his place. The only good Jet. 

Maye was legit out there.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 7/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You don’t need to have a relationship with everyone in the building.

You don’t need to address problems with the team or speak to the team at half time.

You need to have good players that can execute the plays based off a sound game plan on Game Days.

Jets don’t have good players...their coaching staff doesn’t develop good game plans.

Look at it this way...

Change nothing about GASE, except make him a Game Planning/Playcalling genius.

No one would say anything

You can be aloof and weird if you are great.  But when you are not a good coach AND you are aloof and weird...disaster.

Wow- just wow. In football if you do not have team first concept with solid leadership from the top on down your done. You can have all the talent in the world and still suck- See the Cleveland Browns as a prime example. 

31 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Jamal Adams was right about Gase not being the right leader for the Jets, but the same could be said for Jamal Adams. 

I like Adams as a player but I doubt he’s had as good a game as Maye played in his place. The only good Jet. 

Maye is really underrated. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:44 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I heard on the radio yesterday that Gase pretty much only talks to the QBs and all the other coaches talk to the rest of the team.  I hope NY keeps him a very long time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I heard on the radio yesterday that Gase pretty much only talks to the QBs and all the other coaches talk to the rest of the team.  I hope NY keeps him a very long time.

He helped bring in Joe Douglas as GM (who I happen to think is pretty good) - so I am praying these 2 are tied together at least 2 more years.  

I then hope they decide to start over with new Coach and GM (or keep the 2 together longer).

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

He helped bring in Joe Douglas as GM (who I happen to think is pretty good) - so I am praying these 2 are tied together at least 2 more years.  

I then hope they decide to start over with new Coach and GM (or keep the 2 together longer).

This was my hope as well. That he would waste 3 years of Darnold's career in NJ, get fired, and then the new regime starts completely over again. 

12 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

See Cleveland?  You sure?

I'm not a fan of pointing out wins against weak opponents because it's still difficult to beat a weak opponent in this league, but my liver could've had a good game against the Cincy defense last night. Time will tell, but Cincy D was terrible last night.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not a fan of pointing out wins against weak opponents because it's still difficult to beat a weak opponent in this league, but my liver could've had a good game against the Cincy defense last night. Time will tell, but Cincy D was terrible last night.

Last night does not sell me on Cleveland or Mayfield.  Men against boys.  Burrow will be great I think but the Bengals overall are pretty weak right now.  Like the Bills beating up the Jets, except the Bengals put up 30 on the Browns.  If the Browns win 7 games I would be shocked.  

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, Rochesterfan said:

The consensus on Joe Douglas seems to be he is a good GM, I hear it a lot on the podcasts I've listened to as well.   But when I look at the money he had to spend in free agency and what he brought back in return, I'd say he failed in that respect.   Will have to wait and see on the draft picks, and I know he has only been there a year but they look like a JV squad and its not all scheme.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

The consensus on Joe Douglas seems to be he is a good GM, I hear it a lot on the podcasts I've listened to as well.   But when I look at the money he had to spend in free agency and what he brought back in return, I'd say he failed in that respect.   Will have to wait and see on the draft picks, and I know he has only been there a year but they look like a JV squad and its not all scheme.

I honestly believe - much like Beane here - he did not want to spend huge money or long term commitments until he figures out which players are his future and which players need to go.  

He did not sign big name free agents and many guys shunned them - although he did try to resign Robby Anderson until he decide to go back to his college coach..

I think this year is really about learning the guys and drafting a specific breed of players.  What is difficult at least in my eye - is that it might mean collateral damage to the QB they just drafted #3 overall.  They have wasted his first 2 years and it looks like year 3 is even worse - so it makes no sense to give him big money - you need to win on a rookie contract.  

I would look at them looking for a new QB next year and trying to get picks for Sam and using next year as the baseline/starting point for the rebuild.

My hope is that since JD is not in charge of the coaching staff - that the owners decide that Gase is the guy to lead the team a few more years and maybe they can screw up another drafted QB because my fear is they pair JD with a good coach and the Jets end up with their version of McDermott and Beane.