Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

5 minutes ago, Process said:

2 first round picks + for a safety is absolutely absurd

Seattle should be loading up around Wilson while he is still in his prime to go for another SB run. How about they actually give him a decent OL for once?

A S is not going to move the needle for them I dont care how good he is. 

2 second round picks+ for a safety in the last year of his contract would still be absurd. Especially one that was asking to be the highest paid player on the team (more than Mosley's $17M/yr). Try negotiating that next contract after all the leverage he has now. 

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Jets are clueless when it comes to drafting anyways, so Seattle won't pay that heavy of a price off the surface.

But on the surface...............

How the F do you give up two first rounders for a freaking safety. It's not that Adams is Ronnie Lott in his prime or something.

He’s elite, the best safety in football. He’s good in coverage and in the box. You can build your entire defense around him. He gave up 4.5 yards per target and had 47 QB pressures. Adams is different. He’s not getting nearly enough credit on here for how good he really is. The Jets obviously got a big return but that’s the cost for a superstar. 

• Like (+1) 1

:lol: Stupid trade by Seattle to give up that much for Adams. Nice haul by the Jets though, but if they miss on the draft picks they're useless. It weakens that defense this year for sure though, which helps us in return. 

Jets made out like bandits. Adams is great but .... TWO career interceptions / disgruntled / looking for a brinks truck / final year of rookie deal. 

silver lining 1 - clearly jets are worse in the short term and lose another year when Darnold is signed for cheap. And JA / Diggs says thanks to Joe Douglas

silver lining 2 - Gase is firmly in control for the next few years since Jets are in rebuilding mode

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Haha (+1) 1

For those saying that this is a stupid trade for the Seahawks... I'm shocked.

Jamal Adams was drafted 6th overall and actually lived up to the hype.

You're shocked that the 6th overall pick is worth two late first round picks and a third?

It's a fair trade for both sides and I'm happy to see Adams gone from the division.

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

For those saying that this is a stupid trade for the Seahawks... I'm shocked.

Jamal Adams was drafted 6th overall and actually lived up to the hype.

You're shocked that the 6th overall pick is worth two late first round picks and a third?

It's a fair trade for both sides and I'm happy to see Adams gone from the division.

It's a ton for a safety no matter how good

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s elite, the best safety in football. He’s good in coverage and in the box. You can build your entire defense around him. He gave up 4.5 yards per target and had 47 QB pressures. Adams is different. He’s not getting nearly enough credit on here for how good he really is. The Jets obviously got a big return but that’s the cost for a superstar. 

I don't know Kirby, a safety doesn't move the needle that much.

Make no question about it, he will help Seattle big time, but is it enough to get them over the top? And at their cost?

Found a great article if you want to see just how dysfunctional the Jets organization has become:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jamal-adams-trade-joe-douglas-contract-extension-20200724-vc6zwwpmjrepjii67hojt2t5ri-story.html

Honestly, it reminds me of the past 20 years as a Bills fan before McDermott and Beane got here.

If you're ever feeling like you "want a change" and don't like our front office, try to remember how different it was before they got here.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Interesting...

Bills/Jets - Split 

Jets lost to

Patriots (x2), Browns, Eagles, Ravens

Bills lost to

Patriots (x2), Browns, Eagles, Ravens

Jets beat

Giants, Dolphins, Dallas, Washington, Steelers, AFC WEST OPPONENT

Bills beat

Giants, Dolphins, Dallas, Washington, Steelers, AFC WEST OPPONENT

Buffalo was able to separate over beating Dolphins, Bengals, AFC SOUTH OPPONENT.

Jets lost to Dolphins, Bengals, AFC SOUTH OPPONENT.

Interesting information here.  Of course the Bills lost to the Jets playing backups but the two teams look closer that most Bills fans realize.  Almost every NFL game seems to come down to a just a few plays that separate the winners and losers.  

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Adams leaving is good for us and Gase is still there so that’s good for us too. What part of this is terrible?

Sarcasm was intended.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Interesting information here.  Of course the Bills lost to the Jets playing backups but the two teams look closer that most Bills fans realize.  Almost every NFL game seems to come down to a just a few plays that separate the winners and losers.  

Just a few plays...

in the 3 games difference between Buffalo beating Dolphins, Bengals, Titans.

- Fitz threw a goal line INT

- Dalton threw a game ending INT on potential game winning drive

- Titans had 2 Touchdowns called back and 4 missed field goals.

7 plays difference between 10-6 and 7-9.  

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They might want to take into account Metcalf/Lockett/Olsen...

Metcalf and Lockett combined for right around 2,000 yards and 17 TDs. I don’t think Seattle is even a little concerned about their weapons if that’s what you are implying. If not, I apologize for missing the point.

58 minutes ago, FluffHead said:
Jets get a haul in this deal.  I would not give up that much for a safety 

WOW!  Amazing move by the Jets!  

Seattle is crazy giving up that kind of value for a Safety.  WTF Pete?? lol

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I don't know Kirby, a safety doesn't move the needle that much.

Make no question about it, he will help Seattle big time, but is it enough to get them over the top? And at their cost?

Maybe

Mathieu moves the needle in KC. In today’s “hybrid” NFL (and NBA) versatility is king. It allows teams to give multiple looks without having to go to small or big. It used to be “you do this” or “you do that“ and teams could adjust based on who was out there. Adams can play in the box as a high end LB or in coverage as a high end safety. He’s not “in the box” or “ballhawk.” He’s both. Versatility is king in 2020. 

On a side note that’s one of the most underrated aspects of the Bills D. Hyde and Poyer are completely interchangeable.