Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

4 minutes ago, FluffHead said:
Jets get a haul in this deal.  I would not give up that much for a safety 

What a stupid ass trade for Seattle. 

You know how many front seven players the jets can draft and let walk after their first contract now??

• Haha (+1) 1

A valid point on twitter as far as Seattle’s idea goes:

Next years draft will likely be a crapshoot if covid jacks up the NCAA season. If it does, and if star players aren’t able to put good film on tape, they will go back to school and enter the draft in 2022 which will increase the depth of that class while decreasing the value of the 2021 class.

Theoretically, a late first round pick next year becomes a third any other year and a second round pick in 22 becomes a first round.....

Not horrible logic if it plays out that way. Additionally, they are relatively close to being contenders and he helps bridge that gap, supposedly. 

The biggest defense for Seattle is that they haven’t hit on a first round pick in like 8 years, so this is just leaning into their incompetence and getting a known quality. 

I’m surprised at how many people think Seattle got ripped off. Adams is one of the best players in football. Seattle is likely picking late in round 1. They gave up a decent amount but it’s not like it’s a disaster for a team with an open Super Bowl window. It’s a good deal for both teams.

If this exact Bills team was without Hyde or Poyer (as an example) I would have had no issue giving that up for Adams. You’d be getting one of the best players in football for the equivalent of like the 8th or 10th pick in the draft (whatever they point value will be). I’d do that in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

Two 1sts and a 3rd for a glorified linebacker is a great haul for the Jets.

The only saving grace for me, as a Bills fan who hates the Jets, is that they are almost certainly going to be late 1st rounders, and the draft is likely to be pretty jacked up next year due to COVID.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, I didn’t think it would happen, but the Jets probably played it right.  Seattle has $13.750 mil. So they can exhaust their cap to get him and they give away the farm for him.  There goes Clooney’s deal with them, but he really didn’t do much there anyway.  It makes sense in that Carrol is the oldest coach in the NFL, went to 2 SB’s, won 1, and they are competing with SF,  and probably a much better AZ team.  Carrol Probably wants at least one more and although a safety, he is a game changer for lots of teams if he doesn’t become a head case.

If I’m a Seattle fan, and I’m not, I just don’t care look forward to maybe getting to the dance once, and then you’re in hell for a couple of years.

2 first round picks + for a safety is absolutely absurd

Seattle should be loading up around Wilson while he is still in his prime to go for another SB run. How about they actually give him a decent OL for once?

A S is not going to move the needle for them I dont care how good he is. 

3 minutes ago, Process said:

2 first round picks + for a safety is absolutely absurd

Seattle should be loading up around Wilson while he is still in his prime to go for another SB run. How about they actually give him a decent OL for once?

A S is not going to move the needle for them I dont care how good he is. 

KC

mahomes on Offense/ Honey Badger on Defense

Sea

Wilson on Offense/ Adams on Defense

Maybe this is the thinking?

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

The Jets are clueless when it comes to drafting anyways, so Seattle won't pay that heavy of a price off the surface.

But on the surface...............

How the F do you give up two first rounders for a freaking safety. It's not that Adams is Ronnie Lott in his prime or something.

Edited by njbuff

28 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't think he's horrible (Gase). I don't think he's anything special either. So grinding out a 7-9 season doesn't move the needle for me either way. 

If I were a Jets fan I'd be more concerned about Vrabel and Arthur Smith unlocking Tannehill.

That's something I would not worry about....

• Like (+1) 1