Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

If it wasn't for being able to ride Peyton Manning's coattails in Denver would Gase even be a HC? It's clear Adams just wants out which would suck for them but be good for us in the long run. He's probably their best defensive player.

Edited by GRHater69
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t think they have the right ownership neither. Lots of pride, egotism and arrogance in that organization. I think there’s a lot wisdom in acknowledging what you don’t know because you can ask yourself the right questions that’ll lead you to the correct answers and intellectual growth. Problem with Woody and Gase is that they think they know everything which is stagnant water in terms of growth. I don’t view the Jets as a threat until they’re under new ownership. Same situation with Snyder over in DC. Glad to have the Jets in our division. They’re wasting Darnold’s talent by all of the dysfunction in that franchise. Good for the Bills though. 

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t think they have the right ownership neither. Lots of pride, egotism and arrogance in that organization. I think there’s a lot wisdom in acknowledging what you don’t know because you can ask yourself the right questions that’ll lead you to the correct answers and intellectual growth. Problem with Woody and Gase is that they think they know everything which is stagnant water in terms of growth. I don’t view the Jets as a threat until they’re under new ownership. Same situation with Snyder over in DC. Glad to have the Jets in our division. They’re wasting Darnold’s talent by all of the dysfunction in that franchise. Good for the Bills though. 

No do I. I do like Joe Douglas the GM though. If they get out of the way and let him work they will get better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No do I. I do like Joe Douglas the GM though. If they get out of the way and let him work they will get better.

He has a 6 year contact with the Jets. I don't think he would have taken the job if he didn't get a long term commitment. He knows there is a lot of work to be done and this won't be fixed in a year of two. Just curious to see if he is allowed to fire Gase. Gase  was hired by Johnson first and he also played a big part in convincing ownership to hire Douglas. Same the situation with the Bills in their hiring of McDermott then Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

Since I’m a big man and so rarely wrong, I am raising my hand to say I couldn’t be more wrong about Gase.  Like I never thought he was a great coach but I thought he would be fine if he just developed Darnold.  Since that adderall press conference, he was been a total weirdo.  Coaches like him getting second chances before Eric Bienemy gets one are a joke.

the sad part is I think Darnold can be really good but he is toxic environment.  If not for that one SB 50 years, they would be one of the worst franchises in sports.  What a joke.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You don’t need to have a relationship with everyone in the building.

You don’t need to address problems with the team or speak to the team at half time.

You need to have good players that can execute the plays based off a sound game plan on Game Days.

Jets don’t have good players...their coaching staff doesn’t develop good game plans.

Look at it this way...

Change nothing about GASE, except make him a Game Planning/Playcalling genius.

No one would say anything

You can be aloof and weird if you are great.  But when you are not a good coach AND you are aloof and weird...disaster.

I agree. However, there are genius coaches who do it the opposite way and motivate the people around them and do a good job managing egos of good players and the brilliant coaches around them and have enough football iq to know who to delegate to. I think there are different ways to be great. In the end, though, you need good players and good coaches collectively.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It seems like such an easy job too.  Build up the line and load up on skill players.  As much as fans talk about how bad Allen’s weapons have been, Darnold has had awful targets.  That franchise is a joke, 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Since I’m a big man and so rarely wrong, I am raising my hand to say I couldn’t be more wrong about Gase.  Like I never thought he was a great coach but I thought he would be fine if he just developed Darnold.  Since that adderall press conference, he was been a total weirdo.  Coaches like him getting second chances before Eric Bienemy gets one are a joke.

the sad part is I think Darnold can be really good but he is toxic environment.  If not for that one SB 50 years, they would be one of the worst franchises in sports.  What a joke.

I wouldn't call it sad. At the time of the draft Darnold was the one I wanted the Bills to get. Allen has done a good so far considering he was supposed to sit for a year. This year is put up or shut up time for Josh.

There have been numerous coaches that are good X's and O's guys.  Unfortunately, many of them have no charisma and are not capable of really relating to their organizations.  The few that are great at both are rare.  Bill Walsh is the best example that I can think of who was great at both.  I don't think that anyone would project Gase being in the mold of Walsh or anyone like him.  Selecting a guy to lead your football team because he is a good play caller is total folly.  The JESTS will continue to be a dumpster fire until they overpay to get an established capable head coach in the building.  They have shown that they are willing to over pay for free agent players.  Doing this for a good head coach would be more productive.  Let the coordinators be the X and O guys and the head coach be the strong leader.  I have to admit that I take great pleasure watching the JESTS flounder like an intoxicated mud wrestler ( like that visual?).  Like others have stated, it's great that the Bills are out of this recycled failed head coaching merry go round. 

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Just about every fan from every team has known that Gase is not cut out to be a HC. He is a Slightly better than ave OC as well. 

Wouldnt even call him an above average OC. Not counting when he had Peyton Manning who is basically his own offensive coordinator, his offenses have ranked 21st, 24th, 25th, 31st, and 32nd 

If we’re playing sh---y and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”

Here's a tip: stop playing "sh---ty" and STFU.  No one wants to drink your tears, son.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If we’re playing sh---y and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”

Here's a tip: stop playing "sh---ty" and STFU.  No one wants to drink your tears, son.

I never heard of a head coach not talking to the time at halftime. That’s weird.  Gase is weird.  He seems antisocial.