Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

I don’t feel like he’s the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land,” Adams said. “As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn’t have a relationship with everybody in the building.

“At the end of the day, he doesn’t address the team,” Adams added. “If there’s a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we’re playing sh---y and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”

Gase’s recent claim that his relationship with Adams “has been good since the time I’ve gotten here” and “there’s been a lot of dialogue between us” appears to be the latest in a series of exaggerations and/or prevarications. Adams told the News that he hasn’t spoken to Gase since his exit interview on the day after the end of the regular season (Dec. 30).

Gase did not respond to a message for comment.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jamal-adams-trade-joe-douglas-contract-extension-20200724-vc6zwwpmjrepjii67hojt2t5ri-story.html

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You don’t need to have a relationship with everyone in the building.

You don’t need to address problems with the team or speak to the team at half time.

You need to have good players that can execute the plays based off a sound game plan on Game Days.

Jets don’t have good players...their coaching staff doesn’t develop good game plans.

Look at it this way...

Change nothing about GASE, except make him a Game Planning/Playcalling genius.

No one would say anything

You can be aloof and weird if you are great.  But when you are not a good coach AND you are aloof and weird...disaster.

• Like (+1) 4

Thank god we're finally off this cycle of hiring failed retread coaches just because that's all that will take the job (Jauron, Gailey, Rex)

Who in their right mind hires Adam Gase coming off his stint in Miami?  The red flags were all there, and if anything, they've gotten worse under the microscope in NY.

Teams that fail to learn from the past, deserve all the misery that they get

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You don’t need to address problems with the team or speak to the team at half time.

You need to have good players that can execute the plays based off a sound game plan on Game Days.

Jets don’t have good players...their coaching staff doesn’t develop good game plans.

Look at it this way...

You can be aloof and weird if you are great.  But when you are not a good coach AND you are aloof and weird...disaster.

Some coaches get the most out of their players like McDermott and some coaches don't. Gase appears to be in the latter group of coaches...which is why the Jets will never be a threat while he is their coach.

If you think leadership doesn't matter you couldn't be more wrong. Great leaders inspire, poor ones demoralize.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Look at it this way...

I would argue that even though you are right- you don't need to have a relationship with everyone or address the team at halftime, a real leader WILL do those things when they are neccesary. Leaders don't just do things their way all the time. Sometimes you figure out what is needed by the people following you and do it because it needs to be done. Leading is the ultimate "team" activity, which means you do whatever is best for the team- regardless of whether you like it or not. It is the leaders' responsibility to get the most out of the players.

Clearly Adams needs more out of his coach. Maybe Adams is being unreasonable, but maybe it is Gase and he's not flexible enough to effectively lead these men.

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s trying so hard to get out of there.  As long as he ends up in the NFC. The Washington, Lions, or Eagles all have at least $20,000,000.

He is a bit of a drama queen but he is a really good player. I know the Jets would never trade him here but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Bills. I don't think he would have that bad attitude playing for a real leader like McDermott. Winning cures all so he would be happy playing here. As a bonus he would absolutely want to stick it to the Jets every time. With all that said I hope he gets traded to the NFC as well.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Look at it this way...

So what you’re saying is, if he was a good coach people wouldn’t make fun of him for being a bad coach?....

• Like (+1) 1

Good player but man, does this guy ever shut up? He has to be the whiniest crybaby in the league.

The one thing not stressed enough about this Bills team is that since getting rid of guys like Incognito and, to a lesser extent, McCoy, they're pretty much all good dudes who are easy to cheer for.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Gase isn’t the right leader for any organization.  Hiring him was just another sign that the Jest are as dysfunctional as ever.  They’re a true reflection of their owner.

Jamal Adams wants out and I do not blame him one bit.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Look at it this way...

I don't agree. I don't think you can be aloof. You don't have to be the players' friend but you have to be present. Gase is aloof and a sulker. He puts himself above the team, always. He actually is a pretty good playcaller. But he does not have the make up to be a successful Head Coach. 

• Like (+1) 4