Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol.   "Thunder 'Dom':  6 men in, 5 men (who kick 1 man while he's on his back over a bottle of champagne, then run) out"

Exactly what I had in mind!!! I totally feel the Thunder Dom vibes :wub:

I got the practice rump as long as I get a glass or two:worthy:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

OK, maybe I did think he was going to be suspended when the video came out and it only showed him kicking the cop.  Then more of the evidence came out and it turned out to be just what I said it was above.  At which point I reversed course.  It was a good lesson.  You OTOH not only quadrupled down, you still can't admit you were wrong.  All because, gasp, he was left a bad tip and threw a troublemaker off a bus.  You can't make that stuff up!

"maybe"???  

More evidence?  That led the DA to conclude he had no idea what happened?  

lol.  Again, after seeing the video yourself--you concluded what anyone watching it could EASILY conclude.

Again, to refresh you "incredible" memory, I tried to help you the last time you hurt yourself with this erroneous conclusion by quoting the DA, who said he could not tell who were the aggressors and who was defending from the aggressors, so he didn't;t charge anybody.  It was not an exoneration, Mr. President.  The tape showed "Shady" piling on in a very brave manner!  So clearly did NOT "turn out to be just what you said it was"---in fact you tried and failed miserably a year ago May with this same fallacy. 

"You can't make that stuff up!"---from a guy who does this as a matter of habit!--and who literally just did in his previous post (and while boasting of his memory to back his fabrication!!).

Endless pleasure doc.  Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

<snip>

I used to take my dog with me to lab late at night for protection.  Big white friendly floofball, looks like a white wolf to some people.  Not big enough to be seen over the headrest.  She had judgement though.  If she didn't like someone I was leary of them.

Scariest time we were pulled over, she was sitting next to me in the front passenger seat.  Right away when the officer approached the car, she stood up started growling, that low menacing "I mean business" growl with her ears forward and her hackles up.  There was just something about that particular officer she did not like at all.  I spent the whole time soothing the dog:  "It's OK, we're fine.  Yes officer it's in my pack on the floor, may I get it? We're OK, girl, Here you go sir, Hush now, On my way to work, sir, Wash U Department of Chemistry, We're good, it's OK,  yes Sir, have an experiment running all night, Girl, Sit. Thank you sir have a good shift."   Always wondered what would have happened if she hadn't been there, or alternatively if I hadn't been able to keep her chill.

Re my previous post with my Officer Mueller encounter - 2 other guys in the car and my usually good natured shepherd/husky mix (not a lovable lab) wanted a piece of him. The officer really wanted to search the car but that did not happen. Still got 6 tickets though. Revenuer.
Appreciate your insight with Pace family.

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"maybe"???  

More evidence?  That led the DA to conclude he had no idea what happened?  

lol.  Again, after seeing the video yourself--you concluded what anyone watching it could EASILY conclude.

Again, to refresh you "incredible" memory, I tried to help you the last time you hurt yourself with this erroneous conclusion by quoting the DA, who said he could not tell who were the aggressors and who was defending from the aggressors, so he didn't;t charge anybody.  It was not an exoneration, Mr. President.  The tape showed "Shady" piling on in a very brave manner!  So clearly did NOT "turn out to be just what you said it was"---in fact you tried and failed miserably a year ago May with this same fallacy. 

"You can't make that stuff up!"---from a guy who does this as a matter of habit!--and who literally just did in his previous post (and while boasting of his memory to back his fabrication!!).

Endless pleasure doc.  Many thanks!

Yeah, it was exactly what I said it was.  A cop jumped Shady's friend and Shady went to help him out.  It was a bar fight and the DA, after gathering all the evidence, knew exactly what happened.  Hence no charges, even for the cops, and the DA using vague words (that still confound you) to describe what happened and why he won't be bringing charges.

You see, in the real world WEO, while there is the letter of the law, it doesn't mean you always act on it (a lesson the cops in Oliver's case just might have learned).  And the DA didn't.  And neither did Goodell, when he doesn't have to go by the letter or even the spirit of the law.  He can do as he damn well pleases.  Try as you might, you'll never get around that one.

But keep bashing yourself over the head WEO.  I'll keep going as long as you want because it's endless fun since you never have the sense to quit when you're behind.

Edited by Doc

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, it was exactly what I said it was.  A cop jumped Shady's friend and Shady went to help him out.  It was a bar fight and the DA knew exactly what happened.  Hence no charges, even for the cop, and the DA using vague words (that still confound you).

You see, in the real world WEO, while there is the letter of the law, it doesn't mean you always act on it.  And the DA didn't.  And neither did Goodell, when he doesn't have to go by the letter or even the spirit of the law.  He can do as he damn well pleases.  Try as you might, you'll never get around that.

But keep bashing yourself over the head WEO.  I'll keep going as long as you want because it's endless fun since you never have the sense to quit when you're behind.

He said the exact opposite--that's why no charges for cops or kickers.  His words were not vague.  Show me where he agrees with you.

You keep fabricating the DA's opinion, when he clearly stated it.  It disagrees with your "exactly what I said it was" claim, literally.  You're clearly making it up and I can't reason with a fabricator of facts.  

6 hours ago, Doc said:

How different would this have gone in the initial thread if we were told that he blew a 0.000 at the scene?

180 degrees!!!!  So basically they took him in because they were betting that their detector was busted OR just being racist a-holes OR just rousting him because it’s Texas and he plays in NY. 

13 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

You know it dude. Been here 10 years after a lifetime in Connecticut. Retired then came down here and can't believe what I see everyday. Even sold my motorcycle shortly after moving here. Couldn't chance not enjoying the retirement I worked so hard for 21 years in Law Enforcement.

I could not even FATHOM riding a bike down here and I rode for 20+ years.  Of course everything being straight and flat here in FL makes it easier to forgo the thrill of riding.  Thanks for keeping us safe!  GO BILLS!!

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, it was exactly what I said it was.  A cop jumped Shady's friend and Shady went to help him out.  It was a bar fight and the DA, after gathering all the evidence, knew exactly what happened.  Hence no charges, even for the cops, and the DA using vague words (that still confound you) to describe what happened and why he won't be bringing charges.

You see, in the real world WEO, while there is the letter of the law, it doesn't mean you always act on it (a lesson the cops in Oliver's case just might have learned).  And the DA didn't.  And neither did Goodell, when he doesn't have to go by the letter or even the spirit of the law.  He can do as he damn well pleases.  Try as you might, you'll never get around that one.

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He said the exact opposite--that's why no charges for cops or kickers.  His words were not vague.  Show me where he agrees with you.

You keep fabricating the DA's opinion, when he clearly stated it.  It disagrees with your "exactly what I said it was" claim, literally.  You're clearly making it up and I can't reason with a fabricator of facts.  

???????:w00t::flirt:

You guys are making me thirsty!!!:wub:

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Florida is both the worst and best state.  

U know it!!!  I'm living the dream in Paradise with a HUGE bunch of real real REAL sketchy people who by the way CAN NOT drive for crap!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kwai San said:

U know it!!!  I'm living the dream in Paradise with a HUGE bunch of real real REAL sketchy people who by the way CAN NOT drive for crap!

My theory is that people just move to Florida because of the taxes and beaches and just try to figure it out.  And the humidity makes everyone 50% more crazy. 

awesome place to visit though.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

My theory is that people just move to Florida because of the taxes and beaches and just try to figure it out.  And the humidity makes everyone 50% more crazy. 

awesome place to visit though.  

I came cuz I like the weather....got tired of snow and dealing with all that crap that comes with it.  I have found that if you live by the coast - I do - it reduces the humidity greatly but the crazy is STILL there!!!

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

180 degrees!!!!  So basically they took him in because they were betting that their detector was busted OR just being racist a-holes OR just rousting him because it’s Texas and he plays in NY. 

Who knows the exact reason.  My point is more that had we been told he blew a 0.000 at the scene and was using the beer can as a spittoon, the narrative would have been completely different and then focused on whether Adderall (or something else) could really be impairing him and how his lawyer would try to get rid of that and what the league's reaction would be.  Now we know the drug screen was negative, even for Adderall I guess.

Edited by Doc

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who knows the exact reason.  My point is more that had we been told he blew a 0.000 at the scene and was using the beer can as a spittoon, the narrative would have been completely different and then focused on whether Adderall (or something else) could really be impairing him and how his lawyer would try to get rid of that and what the league's reaction would be.  Now we know the drug screen was negative, even for Adderall I guess.

From reading the report, the officer wrote as though his observations gave him "probable cause" to believe if alcohol wasn't involved, some sort of intoxicant drug might be, which would be their reason for getting a blood screen

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From reading the report, the officer wrote as though his observations gave him "probable cause" to believe if alcohol wasn't involved, some sort of intoxicant drug might be, which would be their reason for getting a blood screen

Yup.  It obviously wasn't alcohol at the time.  And apparently wasn't anything else either.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/22/2020 at 2:55 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"The charges against Ed Oliver....

image.thumb.png.9e503d84fc5ce1fbe515d37695293732.png

Who was it that posted here about police in that area having a past pattern of stopping people for nothing?

Might just be that person should step up and take a bow.

he was stopped because a 911 call that he was driving erratically.    I'm glad it was not a DWI, but it was not police "stopping people for nothing."