Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

On 7/22/2020 at 2:58 PM, BuffaloBillies said:

Wow. 80 mph in a 45 mph zone with an open beer = no charges

Me going 38 in a 25 MPH zone last year = $90

This is not unusual. Very seldom do drivers under suspicion of DWI, OWI, or weapon possession get the speeding ticket that may have caused the stop. And, in this case, it was another motorist that called him in (probably on a profiling basis) and the stop was not made for speeding.

And you got off easy for a 25MPH zone.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, That's No Moon said:

Now ask yourself what would have happened if the person pulled over couldn't afford a decent lawyer.

There was no criminal infraction. A 2nd year law student would've gotten the same result.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:15 PM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

My take, from this: Ed Oliver > Marcel Dareus.

Enough said.

By that do you mean "greater than"? As in a formulaic way? Because EO's situation is dramatically different than that of MD.

So many posters looking like fools for what they wrote in the original thread on this.  So funny.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, That's No Moon said:

Now ask yourself what would have happened if the person pulled over couldn't afford a decent lawyer.

i mean, doesnt take the best lawyer in the business to get charges dropped with the breathalyzer showing 0.0 and the blood test being negative across the board

Edited by Mark80
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

So many posters looking like fools for what they wrote in the original thread on this.  So funny.

i mean, doesnt take the best lawyer in the business to get charges dropped with the breathalyzer showing 0.0 and the blood test being negative across the board

No, but if you have a public defender and 2 felony charges pending you'll get told to take a plea.

6 minutes ago, stuvian said:

way to lawyer up, Ed. Now keep your nose clean and download the Lyft app. 

As was said earlier, you don't need a lawyer when your BAC comes back at 0.000 and you are negative for 10 drugs.  Or Lyft, for that matter.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:13 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The oddity of the situation is that many of Floridians once could, before they retired to in the 'Sunshine State'.  ?

Fixed that for ya......however due to the large amounts of visial information I have processed.....it is mostly the young drivers in beat up wanna be cars that are the ABSOLUTE worst.  It is a race from stoplight to stoplight for them.....if there are 3 lanes to drive in they invent a 4th.....crazee!!!

On 7/23/2020 at 8:43 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s “huge face” Paul George I forgot the giant height difference haha 

Yolo!!  Watching the NBA restart tonight (LAL vs LAC). Really, really impressed with Ed Oliver matching up against Anthony Davis and Lebron, 2 of the top 5 players in the world. Shows what a tremendous athlete and how versatile he is.

• Haha (+1) 1